Roll Call: What did you do "quilty" today?

Old October 16th 06, 02:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Default Roll Call: What did you do "quilty" today?

Good, Sandy ... then you can help me
choose some more Indigo pieces in
Houston. They WILL be coming home with
ME of course.
PAT .... 16 days to wheels up!

Sandy Foster wrote:

In article s0vYg.18239$vC3.17433@dukeread02,
Pat in Virginia wrote:

I won a two yard cut of
fabric a guild member recently bought in
Africa. The selvage says: Veritable
Auden Real Wax A043695. It is a dark
blue Stylized Leaf print... This will work VERY well
with the Indigo pieces I bought in
February. I only bought a few, so I
guess I will have to stock up at IQF in
Houston. G

Wow, Pat! What a great day! And that Auden Real Wax fabric sounds
gorgeous! Have I mentioned lately that I *love* blue?

Old October 16th 06, 02:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Uh, Betty ... I think you forgot
something .... your list of purchases,
and where you store them. Just tell us
which room, no need to get too specific.
PAT

Betty in Wi wrote:

Can I start with Friday? I and 6 other quilters piled into a van and did a
northern Minnesota Shop Hop. We hit 7 shops in one day.....6 were on the
shop hop, we managed to find one more. The inside of the van was decorated
with quilts, we had magazines, and quilt pattern books....one cooler held
sodas and water, the other sandwiches, veggies, dried apricots, cheese
sticks and oh, yes.........chocolate! We ate lunch in the van to save time.
Almost back home, we stopped at a great restaurant and finished our day with
dinner.

Then yesterday, was our guild meeting....so I hit the road again. Our
meetings are an hour away from my house.

Today.....too tired to quilt!

Old October 16th 06, 02:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Dannielle: So, what colors and style are
those two quilts? (One for you and one
for DS.) More important, how are the
Munchkins coming along? PAT in VA/USA

Dannielle wrote:

This weekend I put together a few blocks on a quilt top that I had
pointed my mother towards, and she gave up on after cutting out all of
the pieces for the entire top and sewing one small portion of the block
together. I wanted the quilt for myself, so I took it off her hands
and I put together three more of the smaller pieces to create one big
block and am now looking at the problems that are appearing and trying
to decide on how to rectify those.

While waiting for inspiration to overcome me with that, I have been
reading up on the history of Maryland quilting, reading a good book on
borders and bindings, and doing some research on what I have come to
realize is my ultimate dream and how I can make it a reality.

I also started adding the binding to a quilt that my mother made for my
son, as she doesn't care much for doing the binding and I offered to do
it for her. But I'm not happy with the start on it and am trying to
summon up the energy to take it off and re-work it.

Oh, and I've also been reviewing the BOM so I can come up with next
month's installment for all of you! I have to do December's as well,
because I am going to be so terribly busy throughout the month of
November!!!

Dannielle

Old October 16th 06, 02:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

No easy task is right! If you come up
with any special storage solutions, do
let us know.
PAT, always looking to make the quilt
space more efficient, in VA

Nancy in NS wrote:

I worked at creating a sewing space in my spare bedroom. No
easy task, let me tell you!

Nancy in NS
http://community.webshots.com/user/loves2quilt

Old October 16th 06, 02:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tutu Haynes-Smart

Good, Sandy ... then you can help me choose some more Indigo pieces in
Houston. They WILL be coming home with ME of course.

Why not just do the thing properly and come here to Cape Town to get your
indigos!!
--
Cheers for now
Tutu
"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
PAT .... 16 days to wheels up!

Old October 16th 06, 04:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Foster

In article krLYg.18480$vC3.7184@dukeread02,
Pat in Virginia wrote:

Good, Sandy ... then you can help me
choose some more Indigo pieces in
Houston. They WILL be coming home with
ME of course.
PAT .... 16 days to wheels up!

Gosh, Pat, you're keeping them all for yourself? You could *so* easily
send some home with me.... G
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old October 16th 06, 05:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dannielle

The quilt for me is in delicious red, pink, green and two shades of tan
and it's called Light from Within. I'll get a picture once I get the
first block put together to my satisfaction. I've got the
discombobulated one on my design wall, and I've only started on the
supposed repair piece.

DS's quilt is mostly blue, but very vibrant pictures of rainbow colored
horses, fish on motorcycles and cats and dogs playing ball. It's just
plain blocks with sashing. Once again, a photo will appear when I get
it all put together.

The munchkins are doing great! DD is enjoying her nursery school, even
though she is currently trying to recover from her 2nd cold of the
season (thanks to those other kids in her school, I'm sure) and DS is
growing like crazy. Now if I can just get him to sleep somewhere other
than in bed with me! He refuses the pack n'play, but does ok in his
little chair for a few hours at a time...I can't wait until he's in the
crib in the DD's room and sleeping through the night!

Oh, and if DD ever gets the hang of using the toilet, I'll be in
heaven!

Thanks for asking! How are things with you?

Dannielle

Old October 16th 06, 08:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Sharon, stop 'passing it'. Everytime you have a few minutes do another
stitch or two. Do NOT block time out for it as you won't do it. Remember
when I was just starting to be able to sew again? I did it in 10 min
increments....and I got a TWIN SIZE quilt top done in a few
months.......well....you can get the quilting done the same way. Just keep
telling yourself you are doing it for someone VERY SPECIAL to you. (Remember
how we would have the kids take a 'bite of' for Mom and one for Dad and one
for grandma, etc, when they didn't wanna eat? Well......use the same
principal. Don't count stitches........count the ppl you love including the
ppl on RCTQ. You may run outta ppl before you run out of stitches

I KNOW you can....if I can do it....so can you.

Butterfly

"Patti" wrote in message
Yes, I know - I remember your dismay when your DH chose the pattern! but,
think of the relief when it is done g and the warm glow when you receive
all the appreciation for it. And it really is lovely, you know.
.
In message , Sharon Harper
writes
I have hated this quilt from the get go Pat. Truly, totally and
completely
hated it. It sits there on the back of my chair waiting for me each time
pass it and it is all I can do not to go for it with a pair of scissors!!!
Every so often out of guilt that it has taken so long, I do some quilting
on
it but geeze it hurts. Hate, hate hate!!!

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

Old October 17th 06, 12:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
WV Quilter

A day late dollar short seems to be my motto lately. I just read
everyone's post and seems that wee are all busy.

I was working on a beautiful Tennessee Waltz quilt but ran into a big
problem with it. My snowball blocks don't fit right. I can put all of
my horizontal rows together but when I start to add the verticals the
snowball block that forms the next v shape doesnt line up. any
suggestions?

I moved on to my "Ugly Quilt" for next year's retreat. I will share a
photo later. I have to clean up my photo site frst

WV Quilter

Still looking for Quilters in West Virginia
Kate G. wrote:
I didn't get any sewing done... but did receive a special goody in the mail! Nancy's Notions had
advertised a great deal on thread with a nice storage case AND a sewing machine travel case. I
splurged. It came today. I am so excited!

I hope to get back to work on the DWR tomorrow.

Friday I bought fabric to be ready to jump right in on joining my guild BOM's from last year (need
the top assembled by our November meeting). That will be a simple sashing -- 3 narrow rows of
fabric (dark purple on the outside - white in the middle) with 9 patches in the cornerstones. You
can see the EQ version in my webshots folder. All 24 blocks are finished. It is just the sashing I
need to complete.

So hopefully by this time next week... the notorious DWR will be on its way to the long arm quilter
in Minnesota... and the Purple/White BOM will be ready to go when I get the DWR back!

Kate in MI

Old October 17th 06, 02:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

No sewing this past weekend--I am frantically painting stuff for our office
Halloween party. Each department in the office chooses a theme, and
decorates their area and wears costumes to fit the theme. Then on the 20th
(this year) the entire hospital complex is invited to come and share some
Halloween fun and treats. Lots of folks bring their kids to tour the
business office, and our director is so amused and pleased with the whole
idea that he gives us 2 hours off on the day of the party to entertain our
guests. Normally we would do this all on Halloween but due to conflicts
with other priorities (business ones, of course!) we have stepped up the
date and are all frantically decorating and devising backdrops and costumes
for the past few days and the rest of this week.

Next weekend I get to go back to work on the nephew's quilt. Yay! It's
turning out even better than I hoped, though the colors look a bit "hotter"
than I thought they would. Our old friend Quiltshophopper helped me pick
out the fabrics last winter when we had S.E.X in Tucson.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

"Kate G." wrote in message
[...]

OT warning, bee in my bonnet Polly Esther Quilting 125 July 29th 05 03:40 PM
Online Quilt Stores, a roll call Diana Curtis Quilting 55 January 28th 05 03:45 PM
roll call Marijke Quilting 16 January 18th 05 03:40 AM
ROLL CALL Scott Williams Quilting 10 January 12th 05 04:05 AM
OT -- CA ROLL CALL BeckiBead Beads 51 November 12th 03 01:49 AM