Roll Call: What did you do "quilty" today?

Old October 15th 06, 04:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Foster

Default Roll Call: What did you do "quilty" today?

Not much. g With the weather the way it was, I was more nervous about
possible flooding and about unplugging things than about sitting quietly
to do some hand piecing (the lamp was unplugged, anyway G). However, I
did take advantage of my Mac laptop's battery to work a little on an EQ5
class from QU. Later, I also sorted some fabrics to take to class in
Houston. Today I need to get things organized for a class I'm taking at
the LQS on Friday -- it's with Joanie Zeier Poole and is on how to
design quilting patterns for a quilt. I really need that!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old October 15th 06, 05:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

cool! I can't wait to see the result of this version :-D

--
Jessamy
Queen of Chocolate Squishies (and Occasional Liquorice Ones)

I need to do some pressing and cutting for a Steelers quilt for my daughter;
I am using Jessamy's 4th of July mystery quilt pattern for this one. I liked
my red/white/blue one so much, I thought I would try it in other colors.

Elizabeth in Spring, Texas

Old October 15th 06, 05:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

akk how horrid! I hate that happening!

--
Jessamy
Queen of Chocolate Squishies (and Occasional Liquorice Ones)
In The Netherlands
Take out: _I love the colour_ to reply.
www.geocities.com/jessamy_thompson
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jes...pson/my_photos
It's been fun reading what everyone is working on!

I bought a pattern "Fat Quarter Quilting: Four Fabric Quilts" Thre are 9
small (16"x20") quilt designs.

I finished up the top piecing yesterday and stuck it in the "Top Finished,
May Never Look At It Again" drawer.

Either I misread the instructions or they were plum wrong, but I used
Thangles to make the squares for the outer border and they were too big.
After making 68 of them and putting them together, I found myself chopping
out squares and cutting down the inside border to make it come out even.

You can see the patterns he

www.frommyhearttoyourhands.com

They are really cute, but that makes me so MAD.

Cindy

Old October 15th 06, 05:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Laurie G.

I went to PIQF (Pacific International Quilt Festival) in Santa Clara, CA. I
didn't sew anything but I did drop a few $$ for the future! I also test
drove a Gammill and a Millennium.........actually liked the Gammill better
when I was sure I was going to like the Millennium. By the time my new house
gets built, I will have decided!

It was a wonderful show!!!! If anyone here was able to attend AND if you
took a photo of the Best of Show quilt, can you post it? I didn't take a
picture but it was absolutely STUNNING!

That was my day.......great fun!
Laurie G. in CA

"Kate G." wrote in message
I didn't get any sewing done... but did receive a special goody in the
mail! Nancy's Notions had advertised a great deal on thread with a nice
storage case AND a sewing machine travel case. I splurged. It came today.
I am so excited!

I hope to get back to work on the DWR tomorrow.

Friday I bought fabric to be ready to jump right in on joining my guild
BOM's from last year (need the top assembled by our November meeting).
That will be a simple sashing -- 3 narrow rows of fabric (dark purple on
the outside - white in the middle) with 9 patches in the cornerstones.
You can see the EQ version in my webshots folder. All 24 blocks are
finished. It is just the sashing I need to complete.

So hopefully by this time next week... the notorious DWR will be on its
way to the long arm quilter in Minnesota... and the Purple/White BOM will
be ready to go when I get the DWR back!

Kate in MI

Old October 15th 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Barbara Sherrill

I am doing something...lmao. I am testing a pattern right now. I am doing
a Christmas style table runner as my test pattern. The book I am using I
saw it on one of the PBS Quilt Shows last Spring. "Rings That Bind" by
Cheryl Phillips and Linda Pysto. It's suppose to be simple to do and you do
the backing as you go...... So... that is what I am trying. I have the
acrylic templates and that helps. The other patterns I have here a
Ominigrid: Double Wedding Ring by Sharlene Jorgenson and then the other is
in a book called Egg Money. I found that at my local quilt shop.

The wedding rings I want to do is one for my son and his future wife. I am
going to use green prints and large gold type flowers. All from Hoffman
fabrics. My local quilt shop helped me pick out the fabrics for it.

So right now I am in the learning process and using material I won't cry
over if I ruin it... lol

Am I nuts or what? 3 different patterns and not sure what I am doing!

Barbara in Houston (Spring Branch)

"Kate G." wrote in message
. ..
double wedding ring? If so -- how are you doing it? Paper pieced?
template? I'm on the end stretch of my second (and probably last ever
DWR)! I used the acrylic templates --

What colors are you using? Tell us more!

Kate in MI

"Barbara Sherrill" wrote in message
. net...

"Rita in MA" wrote in message
I went to the Concord (MA) Piecemakers quilters yard sale. For $6, I
came home with a grocery bag full of exciting scraps, squares and even a
full yard piece. Now, all I need to do is start sewing.

Rita L.

I started cutting out pieces for my first wedding ring something or
another... lol

Old October 15th 06, 06:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bonnie NJ

I've been busy hand quilting. I've been working on it so long, I've
forgotten the name of the quilt! It's flannel and a dream to quilt but I
only work on it when I've nothing else to do.
It's in the final stages and I decided to finish the job.
--
Bonnie
NJ

Old October 15th 06, 06:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Georg

I requested permission to make another Guicciardini quilt.

I have commenced planning stages, even without receiving permission yet.
The person for whom I made the first Guicciardini quilt just won Crown
Tourney again, so his lady will become a duchess when they step down, so
I'd like to make them matching quilts for the occasion. I may make her a
simpler version anyway.

What am I talking about?
http://georgresearch.blogspot.com/20...390-quilt.html
or if you just want the finished pictu
http://runningscared.org/files/quilt1a.jpg
(assuming that server cooperates)

That quilt is currently in the hands of Il Club del Punto en Croce for
their Florence, Italy, show of quilts inspired by the Guicciardini
quilt, to the best of my knowledge.

-georg
putting off making the new Elizabethan garb yet again.
Old October 15th 06, 06:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Barbara Sherrill" wrote:

[...]

Barbara, I wish you the best of luck with this! G I did something
similar years ago. I really wanted to make a Lone Star quilt, but I had
no idea how to do it and no resources (no internet for me at that time)
locally. I bought several books and ended up with just what I wanted!
It's this one:
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1/lonestarquilts.html#Blazing. It
was a real adventure, though; first I had to decide -- like you -- which
technique to use (I finally settled on the one by Eleanor Burns, though
I seem to recall modifying it a bit), and then I herniated a disk in my
back and the doctor wouldn't let me hand quilt for quite a while. G
But it's finished, and I still love it.

Old October 15th 06, 07:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Barbara Sherrill

This is all so new to me. At least I have a year to get this quilt
finished. So i am not going to fret if it doesn't turn out right after the
first testing.

Old October 15th 06, 07:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Kate, You asked the question on
Saturday, and today is Sunday. However,
I will report on what I did Friday! LOL

First, I went to the PPQG Day Chapter
meeting. I entered one Purple FQ into
the FQ Drawing. I won six, including one
of my own. So, I got five new purple
pieces! Also, someone set up a table of
stash from a deceased member. We were
invited to donate to the kitty to help
the family. I put in a nice donation,
and took a small piece of vintage
fabric. It is very pretty, and will
remind me of Ann.

I also entered my name in the Winter
Mystery Drawing and was the winner there
too. This prize is absolutely
FANTASTIC!! I won a two yard cut of
fabric a guild member recently bought in
Africa. The selvage says: Veritable
Auden Real Wax A043695. It is a dark
blue Stylized Leaf print on a light blue
ground; I think it was originally a
white ground. The design runs length of
the fabric. This will work VERY well
with the Indigo pieces I bought in
February. I only bought a few, so I
guess I will have to stock up at IQF in
Houston. G

The program at the meeting was a trunk
show given by a talented local couple.
After the meeting, I went up to Richmond
to the Richmond (Virginia) Quilt Guild
Show. Saw many pretty quilts. Bought
about three FQ.

A lovely, quilty day!! PAT

PS: Is anyone familiar with that Auden
Real Wax Fabric? To me it has some
resemblance to the Indonesian Batik.

OT warning, bee in my bonnet Polly Esther Quilting 125 July 29th 05 03:40 PM
Online Quilt Stores, a roll call Diana Curtis Quilting 55 January 28th 05 03:45 PM
roll call Marijke Quilting 16 January 18th 05 03:40 AM
ROLL CALL Scott Williams Quilting 10 January 12th 05 04:05 AM
OT -- CA ROLL CALL BeckiBead Beads 51 November 12th 03 01:49 AM