bug jar quilts

Old August 30th 07, 07:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
ceegee

Default bug jar quilts

I have never thought about them but what a great idea. I followed one
of the links and the fabric was 6"by 7". If I were to make a small
quilt. how many pieces of fabric would I need?
ceegee

Old August 30th 07, 10:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

Depends on how many jars you include. g
Btw, could be jars of candy, sewing notions, hardware like
nails & screws & paperclips, or science experiments. g
Let the novelty fabric be your guide.

Good luck!
R/Sandy

On 8/30/07 1:20 PM, in article
, "ceegee"

Old August 31st 07, 03:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 18:20:06 -0000, ceegee
wrote:

I have never thought about them but what a great idea. I followed one
of the links and the fabric was 6"by 7". If I were to make a small
quilt. how many pieces of fabric would I need?
ceegee

How big do you want your quilt or wall hanging to be? Just find the
spot you want to hang the quilt later and measure the area to see what
you think will be a good size. Whatever you decide is right for you.
How many blocks will it take to make that size? and Do you want any
borders around the sides? The easiest way to answer those questions
is to make a drawing of your quilt. A quick sketch with measurement
notations will do just fine--no need to draw tiny jar blocks because
an outline representing each block will work just as well. You might
want to draw it both with and without borders to see which you would
like better.

Fabric needs:
Small amounts of several different bug prints
some small gray strips for the jar lids
some "background" fabric for the jar blocks
some strips for the shelves and shelf up-rights
any border fabrics
binding for the edge
backing for the quilt
and batting for the middle layer.