On topic, large sigh, a little shopping advice please ( a littleoff topic too)

Old November 22nd 04, 10:34 PM
Cheryl Isaak

Default On topic, large sigh, a little shopping advice please ( a littleoff topic too)

I found out this past weekend, my favorite used book store is closing. The
owners are getting older, the rents are going up and so on and so forth....

I only wandered in a few times a year now because the stock turn over has
slowed down quite a bit since I first started going there 20+ years ago.

So, today I came home with The Needlework Garden by Jan Iles and a book on
"lost roses" that I had heard was good.

So - do I go back and pick up these (I've eyed them on and off, but never
coveted them to the point of getting them to the register):

Erica Wilson - Needleplay
Erica Wilson's Needlepoint : Based on the Collections at the Metropolitan
Museum of Art

There are other books mostly from the 1950's through the late 80's, but most
don't appeal. Lots of spinning and weaving books, a few knitting ones - if
I catch a break on Friday, I'll take a more serious look at the knitting
section.

I may trade my paperback copy of Onward and Upward In the Garden for a nice
hardcover edition though!

Cheryl

Old November 23rd 04, 01:49 AM
Gillian Murray

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
[...]

Is there really any option?? Of course you pick them up; you have to read
while the youngsters are playing hockey!! I really thought you knew better
than to ask; of course a little shove always helps!!

Gillian

Old November 23rd 04, 03:13 AM
Karen C - California

I strongly recommend anything by Erica Wilson.

--
Finished 11/17/04 - Pets are People Too
WIP: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn, Calif Sampler,

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
Old November 23rd 04, 08:43 AM
Helen

Cheryl Isaak wrote in message ...

So - do I go back and pick up these (I've eyed them on and off, but never
coveted them to the point of getting them to the register):

I say "Go for it!" if you can get them at something less than retail!
It's not like they'd be an impulse buy, since you've been eyeing them
for awhile.

(I'm very good at helping others spend their $.)

Helen in Redmond, WA
Old November 23rd 04, 11:00 AM
Cheryl Isaak

Is there really any option?? Of course you pick them up; you have to read
while the youngsters are playing hockey!! I really thought you knew better
than to ask; of course a little shove always helps!!

Gillian

During DD's hockey time, I'm teaching the sisters of one of her team mates
how to knit!

Cheryl

Old November 23rd 04, 11:01 AM
Cheryl Isaak

On 11/22/04 10:13 PM, in article
, "Karen C - California"
wrote:

I strongly recommend anything by Erica Wilson.

I have several of hers already....... Do I really need more? LOL

Cheryl

Old November 24th 04, 11:24 AM
Nunya

Get the books, because if you don't you will regret it. Unfortunately I
know this from experience.
Chris

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
I found out this past weekend, my favorite used book store is closing. The
owners are getting older, the rents are going up and so on and so

forth....

I only wandered in a few times a year now because the stock turn over has
slowed down quite a bit since I first started going there 20+ years ago.
SNIP