Wool Batting Question!

Old July 6th 04, 05:02 PM
Dannielle

Default Wool Batting Question!

Ok, I remember seeing wool batting being talked about, and recently had a
couple of good websites that people had bought wool batting from
before...but I can't find them! Help!

Does wool batting beard? Should it be finished with cheesecloth or
something? Any tips, hints or suggestions for us?

(Asking for a friend!)

--
Dannielle

Old July 6th 04, 05:14 PM
Kathy Applebaum

"Dannielle" wrote in message
Ok, I remember seeing wool batting being talked about, and recently had a
couple of good websites that people had bought wool batting from
before...but I can't find them! Help!

Does wool batting beard? Should it be finished with cheesecloth or
something? Any tips, hints or suggestions for us?

Probably depends on the brand.

I've switched to Hobbs Wool for all my personal quilts. No bearding
problems, does not need cheesecloth or any other device to hold it together.
It's washable, and a joy to work with. And when quilts are folded for long
periods, it springs right back (which is why I switched to Hobbs Wool)

I can't really recommend a place to buy it, as I buy bolts from my
wholesaler, but a quick Google search for "Hobbs Wool" will give you lots of
choices.

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
longarm machine quilting, Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old July 6th 04, 06:49 PM
BarbQuilts

I haven't used it, but a friend loves Matilda's Wool Batting for hand
quilting. She washes the quilt in the machine with Orvis and has had no
problems.

Hancock's in Paducah has had good prices on it.

--
BarbQuilts
Take the Cat out to reply

Old July 6th 04, 09:18 PM
Nocturnal

I USED to use the Matilda's Own Wool Batting, I say used to as I have
discovered that the Matilda's Own 100% COTTON Batting is far superior
to the wool.. Softer, no creases, easier to use etc.
My Quilts now have that feel to them that they never had before, and
finish SO much better.

Old July 7th 04, 03:51 PM
Judie

Dannielle wrote:
Ok, I remember seeing wool batting being talked about, and recently had a
couple of good websites that people had bought wool batting from
before...but I can't find them! Help!

Does wool batting beard? Should it be finished with cheesecloth or
something? Any tips, hints or suggestions for us?

(Asking for a friend!)

I ordered the Matilda's Own wool batting from King's Men Quilting and
was very pleased with the price and the service. You can find them here
http://www.kmquiltingsupply.com/batting/matildas.shtml

Judie in Penfield NY
Old July 10th 04, 02:22 AM
NoMoreSpam

I only use the hobbs wool, no bearding and it is washable in the
finished quilt. My quilts made with it are light and fluffy and holding
up well.

Christina

Old July 10th 04, 01:47 PM
frood

Light and fluffy and wonderful to sleep under. Plus, if you sleep under one
of Christina's quilts, you get lots of hugs and kisses from the children. A
definite bonus. :-)

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old July 10th 04, 04:56 PM
Judy Grevenites

Hobbs Heirloom Wool, ordered from Hancock's of Paducah when on sale. I
have used it exclusively for about two years and I love it for
everything. It is soft and smooth and the needle drifts through it
without pressure or pain. It washes well, it drapes beautifully, and I
doubt that I will ever go back to anything else. I am a hand quilter.
RedQueen

Old July 10th 04, 07:24 PM
NoMoreSpam

sigh it does my heart good!

Christina

Judy Grevenites wrote:
Hobbs Heirloom Wool, ordered from Hancock's of Paducah when on sale. I
have used it exclusively for about two years and I love it for
everything. It is soft and smooth and the needle drifts through it
without pressure or pain. It washes well, it drapes beautifully, and I
doubt that I will ever go back to anything else. I am a hand quilter.
RedQueen

Question on Silk Batting Threaded Quilting 4 July 6th 04 09:29 PM
size fo batting question Ann Quilting 2 April 14th 04 05:20 PM
Sturdiest batting CHARLES MURPHY Quilting 12 December 22nd 03 12:12 AM
Batting Question Sindir Quilting 4 November 22nd 03 04:36 AM
Real wool batting skennedy Quilting 6 July 31st 03 08:56 PM