Best reason for summer

Old July 10th 03, 12:30 AM
Elena

Default Best reason for summer

How very neat!! I never would have thunk of that. I've been so
overprotected apparently. lol

Elena, who never heard of fried okra until she got married. Mom's steamed
okra. ugh!!!!!!!!!

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
My folks always heavily buttered a heel of bread to use as a corn
butterer... just cup the bread in your hand and roll the hot corn around

in
it. Mmmmmmmmmmm
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"Elena" wrote in message
t...
Got a recipe for the avocado/lime butter? wow that sounds so good!!
I haven't ever heard of the paintbrush idea too. I like it!

Elena in Tx

"Sarah Curry" wrote in message
Or, de-silk them, pull the shucks back up, wet them, and grill THOSE
(the shucks then serve as a GREAT "handle") ... and then serve with
fresh avocado/lime butter (and paintbrushes, for the ease of painting

on
the "butter")

Grins,
Sairey

M. Wetmore wrote:

We love sweet corn and eat it often during the summer. Our favorite
way to prepare it is to grill the shucked ears until lightly golden
and then squeeze lime juice on them and sprinkle with kosher salt.

We
started eating corn this way when we decided to live a low-fat
lifestyle. Not doing too well on the lowfat lifestyle but will love
corn cooked this way.

Mardi

Old July 10th 03, 03:06 AM
David & Barbara Schmidt

They are basically like a black-eyed pea, but they're purple! I don't
really like them but my hubby does.

Babs

DDM wrote:
The dinner at your in-laws does sound yummy......I think. What are purple
hulls?

Dee in LeRoy, Ny (where the new neighbor just dropped off some radishes)

"David & Barbara Schmidt" wrote in message

Last weekend my hubby and I went to his parents out in East Texas.
Besides having BBQ Brisket (that she bought for 39cents a pound!) we had
homegrown corn, tomatoes, green beans, and purple hulls. For dessert she
made a angel food cake and we had peaches from a nearby orchard. I have
never eaten so many peaches. YUMMY!

We bought a 9.4 pound brisket from her (paid a whopping 3dollars and
something), and came home with homegrown tomatoes, zucchini, and green
beans. Wish I could have come home with some of those peaches!

Everytime we go down there we come home with stuff for our freezer. This
time we could barely fit it all.

Babs

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad
judgment." --Barry LePatner

Old July 10th 03, 03:26 AM
Diana Curtis

Ive never eatten okra but I did grow it once. It has a most beautiful almost
tropical looking flower. Thats enough for me to think about growing it
again!

Old July 10th 03, 04:16 AM
Sk8eraunt

Best reason for summer has to be ICE CREAM!!

kaila, who was smart enough to marry the ice cream man!
Old July 10th 03, 12:41 PM
QuiltR1024

So, do we get a recipe for the avocado/lime butter? Pretty please?

Hi,
This does sound delicious & I hope you share the recipe . I just had a
root canal yesterday, so everything is sounding good. I barely got to eat
anything yesterday. gulp

Kris ( in northern Virginia)

Old July 10th 03, 12:49 PM
DDM

It must be wonderful when he brings his work home with him. g

Dee in LeRoy, NY

Old July 12th 03, 03:58 AM
Sk8eraunt

It must be wonderful when he brings his work home with him.

Oh yeah! When I got home from work tonight, I went straight to the freezer for
a big bowl of Haagen Dazs mint chip. That was good enough for dinner!

kaila
Old July 12th 03, 10:56 PM
Sk8eraunt

..to eat or bathe in?

Whoa....never thought of taking a bath in ice cream!! Since we've been having
112+ degree temperatures, I might have to get it a try!

kaila
Old July 13th 03, 01:37 AM
Diana Curtis

You might want to skip the mint chocolate chip. You would have a bugger of a
time getting those little bits to come off in this heat.
Diana

Old July 13th 03, 12:56 PM
Paul & Suzie Beckwith

....but a friend could always ...
(oops - don't go there - this is a family newsgroup...!)

Suzie B

"Sk8eraunt" wrote in message
..to eat or bathe in?

Whoa....never thought of taking a bath in ice cream!! Since we've been

having
112+ degree temperatures, I might have to get it a try!

kaila

--
"From the internet connection under the pier"
Southend, UK