OT- Bekah Update...Good News

Old December 18th 04, 04:39 PM
Rachel T.

Default OT- Bekah Update...Good News

Email Below...

Rachel
-----------------------------------

Rebekah's stem cells are starting to work. This is a good thing, but it
causes her more discomfort like bone pain and a higher fever. The doctor
said she is a tough little girl. He could not believe she was talking with
her mouth looking so bad and sore. Hopefully in a few days she will start
feeling a lot better. She has received platelets about every day but has
only received blood once. They said this is abnormal. Usuallly the kids
receive it every day, It is a good thing though. Everyone always asks what
they can do. Go give blood!! I know this can be time consuming and she
will most likely not get yours, but if no on gave- where would Rebekah be??
I will let you know of anything new! Just keep her in your prayers. The
rest of us are doing pretty good. A lot better than I expected. Thank God
for the family support I have. I have been truly blessed!

Old December 18th 04, 05:02 PM
Tinkster

A Christmas miracle... Thank you for keeping us updated, Rachel!

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 16:39:41 GMT, "Rachel T."
WhiteYOURjade502@MINDwohDOTrrDOTcom wrote:

Email Below...

Rachel
-----------------------------------

[...]

Check here for available work:
http://blackswampglassworks.com/latest.htm
Old December 18th 04, 08:02 PM
Christina Peterson

Bless her.

Tina

"Rachel T." WhiteYOURjade502@MINDwohDOTrrDOTcom wrote in message
Email Below...

Rachel
-----------------------------------

Old December 18th 04, 08:13 PM
Helen C

So happy to hear this. Treatment's hard. I can't even imagine what
it's like for her.

Hope the good news continues!

Helen C

Old December 18th 04, 11:55 PM
Beadbimbo

Well, our church is having a blood drive tomorrow. I wan't going to give
because the last few times I've tried, they haven't been able to get it
easily. I'll load up on fluids and go give it one more try tomorrow, just
for Rebekah!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old December 19th 04, 01:00 AM
susiegibson

thanks for the update- will keep them all in our hearts and in our
prayers....

--

susie gibson

http://www.reachone.com/sgibson/

[...]

---

Old December 19th 04, 04:20 AM
Cheryl

HURRAH

What a lovely gift for the family - to know she is now on the road to recovery.

I gave blood some weeks back - at the base hospital...

I checked my card - can't give again until the first of the year -- but will be
going back again - it's convenient for us because they let us go and give on
government time if we give at the base.
Sometimes they even have the blood center come to our building and set up...
They give a lot of blood at the AF bases - but now it's getting harder -
because anyone who has been to the "sandbox", stationed in Europe, and some
other parts of the world can NO LONGER GIVE BLOOD...

This is hitting the military blood drives very hard -- so, as well as for our
Bekah -- remember they need blood for our young military men.

if you can - please give where ever you are....

Cheryl
DRAGON BEADS
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old December 19th 04, 05:34 AM
Kathy N-V

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 21:28:52 -0500, vj wrote
(in message ):

vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "Rachel T."
WhiteYOURjade502@MINDwohDOTrrDOTcom :

Rebekah's stem cells are starting to work. This is a good thing, but it
causes her more discomfort like bone pain and a higher fever. The doctor
said she is a tough little girl. He could not believe she was talking with
her mouth looking so bad and sore. Hopefully in a few days she will start
feeling a lot better. She has received platelets about every day but has
only received blood once. They said this is abnormal. Usuallly the kids
receive it every day, It is a good thing though.

ohhhhhhhhhhh - more prayers incoming for it to continue to get better!

Thank God. I'm praying that this will be a story that Rebekah can
tell her grandchildren.

Everyone always asks what
they can do. Go give blood!!

Johnny actually got a call from the hospital the other day, asking him
to come in and give plasma. [he evidently has an unusual combination
of blood bits]. he called when he was done to let me know that "they
took what they needed and gave me the rest back!"

And Bless Johnny for doing so. Giving plasma is a non-trivial
commitment in time. What a kind and selfless thing to do. Allow me
to thank him on behalf of all those people who will never know the
person who saved their lives.

Kathy N-V

Old December 19th 04, 05:37 AM
Kathy N-V

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 23:20:53 -0500, Cheryl wrote
(in message ):

if you can - please give where ever you are....

And if you can't, please throw a few bucks to the Red Cross.
Collecting blood is not free, and the fee charged to the family does
not cover all the costs. Having an uninterrupted supply of blood is
crucial to the medical security of the US.

Kathy N-V (can't give blood, won't even get a cookie)

Old December 19th 04, 05:47 AM
Cheri2Star

Rebekah's stem cells are starting to work. This is a good thing,

What wonderful news! More prayers incoming!

Cheri
(Bubbee to Emily and Nathan)

It's my life
And it's now or never
I ain't gonna live forever
I just want to live while I'm alive - Bon Jovi