Hello Everyone!

Old October 1st 04, 04:06 PM
Diane

Default Hello Everyone!

My name is Diane and I have been lurking here for about 6 months now.

I'm a little hestitant to reveal myself, but everyone seems so nice here,
I thought it was high time I say hello.

I live in northern NJ with my husband Bill. We have three grown children and
our dog Sage. She's a JR but all white. (She's my baby)

I used to make all my children's clothing, curtains and things. That was
at least 25 years ago and I really missed it.

Back in March, I went out and bought a very basic Kenmore just to see if
I was actually ready to start again. I haven't stopped since.

I was going to start making clothes for myself, but after finding this
group, I thought I would try my hand at quilting.

I didn't actaully jump right into cutting though. I thought I would
try to get used to the machine first and just make blankets. I didn't
think I had the kind of talent all of you have just yet.

Yesterday, was my very first try at cutting using a 4 1/2" plastic square I
bought from one of the many fabric shops I visit.

I was a total wreck! I couldn't even cut straight at first and I think I
folded the fabric a little too much.
The pieces looked pretty good so I just kept on going.

I have no idea how many I've cut, but I figure if I'm going to make at least
a twin size, I would just cut the entire 2 yrds and see what happens from
there.

I will start on the other colors when I get back from the fabric store.
I need to get flannel for the background.

I am making a rag? quilt for my niece.
I hope she likes it.

Well, just wanted to say hello and meet everyone.

Diane

Old October 1st 04, 04:17 PM
Laurie G.

Hi, Diane! Welcome to the group! I "read" alot here and post every once in a
while and feel that this group is another branch of my family! Congrats on
jumping right in with your quilting! Do you have a quilt shop nearby where
you could take beginner classes? That, for me, was a big help in building my
quilting skills and techniques.

My dd's are not living at home anymore, either. One is on her own and the
other is in college. My daily companion is a 7 yo chocolate lab who loves me
except when her dad is home! She is with him today on a hunt so I am an
orphan. That's ok cuz my sm with be my companion today!

Nice to meet you!
Laurie G. (in foggy CA)

Old October 1st 04, 04:30 PM
Louise

Welcome, Diane! You've come to the right place -- this is one of the most
helpful and encouraging groups I've ever encountered. It's a great place for
beginners and seasoned pros alike.

I think you've answered most of the questions we might normally ask -- where
you live, about your kids, your QI, and what you're working on. You did
neglect, however, to specify your choice of chocolate!
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

Old October 1st 04, 04:36 PM
nana2b

Nice to meet you Diane. I have a 12YO black lab (Chloe) and 2 Kitties that
keep me company while DH goes out to earn the $$ to keep me in the style I
am accustomed to. LOL. I just started sewing again in Jan. 2002. Used to
make all the clothes for DS and DD and I did make my Maternity Clothes from
the "Stretch and Sew" patterns, in the mid 70's. Now I make only quilty
things. My other past-time is machine embroidery and of course those go on
the quilts. This is a great group, welcome!

Linda in Plano, Texas

Old October 1st 04, 04:44 PM
Allyson Brown

Welcome Home Diane!!
Glad to see that you're already out buying fabric!
Keep us posted on your progress, we love getting projects done vicariously
through others' efforts. tee hee
allyson

Old October 1st 04, 04:58 PM
Terbear

Hi Diane!
Welcome to the group!
Teri

--
Teri
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/Tquilts

Old October 1st 04, 05:32 PM
Irrational Number

Welcome! I just started quilting (sewing) last Christmas
and haven't looked back! I've taught my husband to say
out loud (at Joann's or Hancock's) "you can't have enough
fabric". All the other customers are jealous.

-- Anita --

Old October 1st 04, 05:38 PM
Diana Curtis

Welcome to the group!
Diana

--
Vote this November (U.S.A.)

Old October 1st 04, 05:46 PM
NinaJ

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 15:06:48 GMT, Diane wrote:

My name is Diane and I have been lurking here for about 6 months now.

I am making a rag? quilt for my niece.
I hope she likes it.

Well, just wanted to say hello and meet everyone.

Diane

Welcome Diane,
I bet your niece will love the quilt. Keep us up to date with your
progress
Nina