hep me hep me.... can't decide what to do

Old October 4th 04, 07:06 PM
Patti

Hullo Kellie
In that case, I would go with the suggestion of the addition of black
bias tape and make it 'stained glass'. Sounds lovely. You could maybe
leave it uncut? if you got the narrowest tape and set it halfway on
either side of the line?
Then I would like a plain (ish) border - simply fabric; then a pieced
border, using the same/similar colours (I would use solids or read as
solids, but hardly anyone else ever likes to do that!!). The pattern I
wondered about first was Drunkard's path - but then I remembered Heidi's
lovely curvy quilt that she just showed us. It would be possible to do
curvy blocks like that all around. So pretty. You could do them 6"
square (or 3" or 4" if you though you could bear doing it so small g).
The width of your first border, in this case, would depend on the size
of those border blocks - make the inner border so that you could fit a
whole number of blocks on each side.
..
In article , Kellie J.
Berger writes
guess that would help! it is approx. 18" x 18" (including seam allowance)

-- kellie
bergerk at sbcglobal dot net
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ber....net/my_photos

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old October 4th 04, 10:01 PM
cozyhomelife

Kellie - I like it a lot, I'm not sure of the size though and that could be
of help to those who might have a suggestion for you, maybe I missed you
saying it somewhere. What size is it?

"Kellie J. Berger" wrote in message
with this

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ber...&.dnm=653b.jpg

I "painted" it many years ago (Before Quilting) when playing around with
batik techniques to teach my middle school art classes. I really like it.
Had intended on just making a trapunto and leaving it at that, but never

got
around to doing anything with it. The colors are richer than this pic
shows.

Would like to do something special with it now (okay maybe in January...)
but can't even begin to think what would do it justice! Anyone with any
ideas, send 'em my way??

I have EQ so if you'd like to play with it in there and send me something
hint that would be awesome!!!

Will come up with some appropriate thank you for the creator of the design

go with!

Old October 4th 04, 10:14 PM
Donna

Condolences from NE Louisiana.
Donna
"nzl*" wrote in message
here an l and another l.
its a beautiful painting. i have eq4 but my brain isnt able to think
today.

fil passed away this morning, 8 am call and dh had to go to work in this
bloody awful weather anyhow.
i got to spend all morning on the phone finding funeral home and back and
forth calls to fils nursing home and mils nursing home to see if she was
coping and understanding what sil told her had happened.
i appreciate the distraction rctq gives me in times like this.
i think we all thought mil would go first. dont know if it would have been
easier that way or this way.
this week is not starting out well at all.
cant wait to see what ideas our group has for you painting.
i am so/really going to need more distractions here this week.
keep em coming folks. : /
jeanne
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
real reply is san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

Old October 4th 04, 10:49 PM
Kellie J. Berger

Besides the fact that it has moved 5x and been in storage for over 12
years,
I used that little batik tool that you draw with hot wax and i can never
remember the name of... and i didn't know the difference btwn pressing and
ironing then, so the fabric which started out a nice 18" square isn't quite
so square anymore! so i would guess if i were adding a border or
surrounding blocks the easiest would be to figure 17" square plus the seam
allowance?

-- kellie
bergerk at sbcglobal dot net
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ber....net/my_photos

om...

Old October 4th 04, 11:05 PM
TwinMom

Hey Kellie, long time no speak (VBEG!). I love the block. You should check
out the Dog Gone Quilts site for ideas. Her patterns feature colors with
muslin background showing through and then heavily stitched, decoratively,
to fill in the white spaces. Very Cool.
Here's her link..
http://www.doggonequilts.com/
http://www.doggonequilts.com/froggyFriend.htm
(Froggy pic has a close up & a complete shot.)

Now for the tease!!!! I Have Your Block!!! LOL, for the Round Robin. I gotta
tell you, everyone did a great job on it. I'm the last one, and I'm putting
something special in it for you. It's ##**@@**$$JJJSSSJWWKLWKUIFI. Oh darn,
there's that secret filter. Guess you'll have to wait until it gets mailed
around 10/15. It's just about 1/2 way finished and I really think you'll
enjoy it. Bye 4 now, L

Old October 5th 04, 02:43 AM
Kellie J. Berger

argh..... I'm having a hard time waiting to see it! Really to see
EVERYONE's!!!

And an even harder time finishing Royce's!!! I have the perfect design, and
great fabrics, only the @#$%^&*+~'s aren't cooperating with me right now....

thus the little mind break from geometry via the Toucan ??s Maybe if i walk
away from the rulers for a day or two they will behave when i get back???

Old October 5th 04, 03:28 AM
Dee in Oz

HUGS Jeanne
There are lots of arms to hug you and shoulders to cry on round here

Dee in Oz

Old October 5th 04, 07:24 AM
Royce

{{{Hugs}}} & Prayers flying through to you.

--
Royce
A day hemmed in prayer is less likely to unravel.

Old October 9th 04, 09:17 PM
Royce

Kellie, you can send it to me with my Mini RR when it's done. It would look
great on the wall in my sewing room.

Sorry you're having a hard time with my Mini RR, BTW. Tell it I said to
behave!

Old October 10th 04, 01:46 PM
Kellie J. Berger

not really having a hard time with the RR itself. I know what i *want* to
do... it is the math involved that isn't working out like i thought it
should. :~)
I've decided that math, late nights, cutting fabric and headaches aren't
ever a good combo for me!

will get back to it on Monday and it should go fast now, I hope!