DH's latest idea

Old August 24th 04, 06:33 PM
Diana Curtis

Thank you!
I am hoping someone .. or many someones will make some of these and share
the picture. That would be something special to look at for sure!
Diana

"A&T" wrote in message
link.net...
ooooooooohhhhhhhhhh!!! I love the shoes in the second picture. That is too
cute.

Tricia
http://photos.yahoo.com/momiixii

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lunamom44/my_photos in the first folder.

Just
for you dinasaur/sunbonnet sue freaks out there. :-)
Diana

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
I can but try!
Diana

"Paul & Suzie Beckwith" wrote in

message
.uk...
Debra wrote:
On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 08:54:08 -0700, DrQuilter
wrote:

DH is known to hate Sun Bonnet Sue, so he asks me after seeing a

picture
of a beautifully executed SBS: Has anyone thought of making a

Sunbonnet
Rex? That is, with T. rexes with bonnets instead of little girls?
Anybody up for the challenge?

Haven't seen T. Rexs but I have seen cats. The cats were much

better
than Sues. Have you shown him the naughty Sues that are online?
Debra in VA

I've made a Puss in Bonnets, with a tail coming out from under the
dress, and paws instead of feet, and whiskers from under the hat (in

my
webshots album - A Quilt for Emily)... but the idea of T-Rex's

sounds
real cool - can someone (OI DIANA!) please do a design for us and we

can
all have a go please?!

Suzie B
--
"From the internet connection under the pier"
Southend, UK

Old August 26th 04, 04:05 AM
Debra

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 14:24:58 -0500, "Diana Curtis"
wrote:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lunamom44/my_photos in the first folder. Just
for you dinasaur/sunbonnet sue freaks out there. :-)
Diana

Finally got a chance to go to the page. That is the funniest looking
T. Rex I've ever seen!
Debra in VA
Old August 26th 04, 04:23 AM
Mystified One

Is this a revamp of A Dinosaur named Sue? Wasn't that a dig in Montana?

"Packrat" wrote in message
LOL too cool!

--
8-)

Jessamy
In the Netherlands
http://www.geocities.com/jess_ayad/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lunamom44/my_photos in the first folder.

Just
for you dinasaur/sunbonnet sue freaks out there. :-)
Diana

---

Old August 26th 04, 04:52 AM
Mystified One

Haven't seen T. Rexs but I have seen cats. The cats were much better
than Sues. Have you shown him the naughty Sues that are online?
Debra in VA

I was looking for a link, but the site was temporarily down.

What I did find was this, a feminazi approach to the psychology of the
expression of Sue in these socially unacceptable situations.

http://www.coe.unco.edu/Students/Eri...es/resistance/

It's worth a look, but I don't know if I agree with the viewpoint.

Old August 26th 04, 04:11 PM
the black rose

Mystified One wrote:
Haven't seen T. Rexs but I have seen cats. The cats were much better
than Sues. Have you shown him the naughty Sues that are online?
Debra in VA

I was looking for a link, but the site was temporarily down.

What I did find was this, a feminazi approach to the psychology of the
expression of Sue in these socially unacceptable situations.

http://www.coe.unco.edu/Students/Eri...es/resistance/

It's worth a look, but I don't know if I agree with the viewpoint.

Tidbit from that page: Textile work has been used to "resist culture
constructions of 'woman' as the eternal comforter, wife, mother, and
America," (Przybysz, 1993, p.).

BAH. That's assuming there's something WRONG with being a comforter,
wife and mother.

Hmpf.

--
the black rose
proud to be owned by a yorkie

Old August 26th 04, 06:13 PM
georg

Mystified One wrote:

Haven't seen T. Rexs but I have seen cats. The cats were much better
than Sues. Have you shown him the naughty Sues that are online?
Debra in VA

I was looking for a link, but the site was temporarily down.

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/O...13/badsue.html

-georg
still going to make one.

Old August 27th 04, 08:16 AM
Mystified One

It's worth a look, but I don't know if I agree with the viewpoint.

Tidbit from that page: Textile work has been used to "resist culture
constructions of 'woman' as the eternal comforter, wife, mother, and
America," (Przybysz, 1993, p.).

BAH. That's assuming there's something WRONG with being a comforter,
wife and mother.

Hmpf.

Like I said, I didn't know if anyone would agree with the viewpoint. My
biggest problem is when they used Bad-Bonnet Sue to illustrate the same
point as the women whose lives were torn by war and violence in third world
countries. Those women were addressing serious concerns, while the
Bad-Bonnet Sue is an obvious parody.

I do like the concept of an art quilt to express myself on serious topics,
but I also recognize that not all quilts express the same serious topic, and
that most quilters in the US express a variety of moods, including happiness
and fun. My most recent work in progress is an expression of my feelings
for my uncle, in the form of a twin-sized quilt he can use in the nursing
home he moved into this Spring. I used his favorite colors, strong, vibrant
patterns, in a diamond pattern (he used to cut stones) that I'm calling
Diamond Jim (his name is Jim).

My point in making the quilt comes on many levels. I figure since I can't
be there for him, I can at least give him something to touch so he can think
of me daily and know that I'm thinking of him. I want him to have something
bright and cheery and yet strong to brighten his room and possibly his day.
I want to give people a reason to ask him about how he's doing, and give him
a chance to talk about his life and his family so that others know what a
great person he is.

Does it seem like a lot to expect out of a quilt? yes and no. I'm sure
that everyone in here expresses their own moods in quite the same way, and
don't even realize they're doing it. I only wish I could post a picture in
the forum so everyone could see how simple it is to say so much without
words. If you could see the quilt, you'd understand. It's not necessarily
going to mean anything to those who do not ask. But it will mean everything
to those who choose to understand.

Old August 27th 04, 05:25 PM
the black rose

DrQuilter wrote:
I'd really prefer to be called a quilt than a comforter.... P

*snorfle*

--
the black rose
proud to be owned by a yorkie
Old August 27th 04, 05:26 PM
DrQuilter

the black rose wrote:

Tidbit from that page: Textile work has been used to "resist culture
constructions of 'woman' as the eternal comforter, wife, mother, and
America," (Przybysz, 1993, p.).

BAH. That's assuming there's something WRONG with being a comforter,
wife and mother.

Hmpf.

--
Dr. Quilter