Housework or quilting?

Old March 30th 05, 09:35 PM
Joan

Default Housework or quilting?

When it comes down to the wire, when it comes to housework vs. quilting,
housework is dead last. I don't need any excuses. But, sometimes necessity
is the better part of valor. What this all means is that my dear hubby
discovered a spot of dust....

Joan

Story #259: Quilter's Lament

http://popser.com/lament.html
Old March 30th 05, 09:45 PM
Judy W

I have Company coming in from out of town and I'm not happy about it because
I have to clean. That keeps me away from my sewing room!!!
Quilting first........ Then housework..
Judy

news

Old March 30th 05, 10:26 PM
Linda Sweigart

That sink full of dirty dishes can sit there the whole bloody weekend if the
quilt-inspiration-fairy is sitting on my shoulder. lol

Linda

news

Old March 30th 05, 10:26 PM
Kate Dicey

Linda Sweigart wrote:

That sink full of dirty dishes can sit there the whole bloody weekend if the
quilt-inspiration-fairy is sitting on my shoulder. lol

Isn't that what the dishwasher/hubby/10 YO son combination is for?

http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old March 31st 05, 12:52 AM
the black rose

Kate Dicey wrote:

Linda Sweigart wrote:

That sink full of dirty dishes can sit there the whole bloody weekend
if the quilt-inspiration-fairy is sitting on my shoulder. lol

Isn't that what the dishwasher/hubby/10 YO son combination is for?

Absolutely!

DS1 does dishes Monday and Thursday. DS2 does dishes Tuesday and
Friday. DS3 does dishes Wednesday and Saturday. DH does dishes on Sunday.

Dishes? What means this word "dishes"? *huge grin*

--

the black rose

-------- __o
----- -\. -------- __o
--- ( )/ ( ) ---- -\.
-------------------- ( )/ ( )
Old March 31st 05, 01:00 AM
Louise

I used to tell DH that I just didn't worry about housekeeping, because I
never saw an obituary that said, "She was a wonderful housekeeper." Well,
about three years ago, I did! There went that excuse! Thankfully DH is
really helpful around the house, particularly when I'm on a quilting binge.

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

"Judy W" wrote in message
link.net...
I have Company coming in from out of town and I'm not happy about it
because
I have to clean. That keeps me away from my sewing room!!!
Quilting first........ Then housework..
Judy

news

Old March 31st 05, 03:41 AM
Christina in Ok

I see much more progress done on a quilt then housework now.. Once upon a
time you could not even find dust in my house, but now with 2 dogs & 2 kids,

Even when I dust I have to ask myself why I do it, as just as soon as I move
my hand, the Dustbunny's run back to there proper place.

But I still give it a once over, once a day.. VAc, and dust...
I pick up as I go.. but if I am on a roll, it is hard to do anything
news

Old March 31st 05, 09:39 AM
Sally Swindells

Since we retired DH prepares the evening meal on Mondays and Fridays,
and we usually have much more fiddly food then because he reads the
recipe first and then sticks to it! If he doesn't get round to sorting
something out (he's very last minute) we have a ready meal (the only
time we do!). When he was working (and I was too) he never came into
the kitchen, and couldn't cook toast, but after I had my foot done and
couldn't walk for 3 weeks he thought that he'd better learn or starve.
I love Mondays and Fridays when I don't even have to think (though
there is still the occasional 'help' cry!).

His main job is empying the dishwasher 'cos I hate doing it - that has
been his contribution for the last 20 years. He is also supposed to
press the knob to turn it on. I have noticed that recently he also
puts any washed dishes/pans from the draining board away (if he can
remember where they go!)

His other job is hoovering - but we wont go there!

Off to hoover now!!

--
Sally in Suffolk UK

Old March 31st 05, 03:24 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

That's what the good Lord made paper plates & take-out for.
SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
"Linda Sweigart" wrote in message
That sink full of dirty dishes can sit there the whole bloody weekend if
the quilt-inspiration-fairy is sitting on my shoulder. lol

Linda

"Joan" wrote in message
news
When it comes down to the wire, when it comes to housework vs. quilting,
housework is dead last. I don't need any excuses. But, sometimes
necessity
is the better part of valor. What this all means is that my dear hubby
discovered a spot of dust....

Joan

Story #259: Quilter's Lament

http://popser.com/lament.html

Piggie's Quilting Winter..... Listpig Quilting 9 October 1st 04 12:39 AM
beginning machine quilting Patti Quilting 10 August 22nd 04 12:33 AM
Help!! Hand Quilting P8nPal Quilting 6 July 19th 04 06:09 PM
In Today's News: Terrified Quilting Newbie breaks silence! Liz and Steve Ford Quilting 33 August 17th 03 04:51 AM
Quilting and what I've been up to this summer frood Quilting 3 August 15th 03 12:14 AM