House Update, OT/CP

Old April 7th 05, 03:35 AM
Pauline O'Connell

Would it make you feel any better if I told you I have the smallest
bathrooms in the world? So small that I'm thinking of adding a 2nd story -
just to the bathroom
Pauline
"Cindy" wrote in message
. ..
You guys are making me rather envious about your kitchens!
I have hated the kitchen since I first laid eyes on it. No windows! So

small
that you can stand in the middle of it and touch the fronts of the counter
on all sides. No storage. No dishwasher and no place to even put in one.
I have many times tried to figured out what the owner/builders where
thinking when they built this place. LOL. My master bathroom is 4 times
larger than the kitchen. In fact my closet is larger! I guess you can see
where the priorities were.

Cindy

Old April 7th 05, 03:46 AM
A&T

my sil would love your house.... She thinks kitchens are a waste of space!!!

Tricia
http://photos.yahoo.com/momiixii

. ..

Old April 7th 05, 07:02 AM
Kate Dicey

Cindy wrote:
You guys are making me rather envious about your kitchens!
I have hated the kitchen since I first laid eyes on it. No windows! So small
that you can stand in the middle of it and touch the fronts of the counter
on all sides. No storage. No dishwasher and no place to even put in one.
I have many times tried to figured out what the owner/builders where
thinking when they built this place. LOL. My master bathroom is 4 times
larger than the kitchen. In fact my closet is larger! I guess you can see
where the priorities were.

Cindy

Move the kitchen! Swap with the bathroom or the closet?

Mine is long and narrow and has very little wall space. 17 feet long,
and two windows and the boiler on the outside wall, so no cupboards
above waistline there. One end wall has the door in it, and the other
long wall has a door and a big archway into the dining room, so nowhere
for cupboards there. It's also too narrow for cupboards down both sides!

http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old April 7th 05, 07:05 AM
Kate Dicey

Pauline O'Connell wrote:

Would it make you feel any better if I told you I have the smallest
bathrooms in the world? So small that I'm thinking of adding a 2nd story -
just to the bathroom

My only bathroom is slightly less than six feet square...

Old April 7th 05, 09:18 AM
She who would like to be obeyed once every Preston

In article , Pauline
O'Connell of SBC http://yahoo.sbc.com uttered
Would it make you feel any better if I told you I have the smallest
bathrooms in the world? So small that I'm thinking of adding a 2nd
story -
just to the bathroom

The house my ex had when we first met, there is just space to stand
inside - but barely space to stand *and* get undressed for a bath. You
can be seated on the loo and turn the basin taps on ready to wash your
hands. In fact, we replaced the carpet with the bit that had been cut
out of *my* bathroom carpet to fit round the bath ... and we had to trim
it down a bit.

{Now shuddering at thought of carpet in bathroom - not with males in the
house! nononono!}
--

AJH
alpha dot hotel echo yankee whisky oscar oscar delta at tango echo
Old April 7th 05, 02:40 PM
CNYstitcher

Cindy - where are you?? If you are close to me, I can come and refigure
your kitchen for you....even work up a decent price for cabinets,
countertop, and flooring. Windows...I'd have to call a few friends
about that. Only partially kidding....we just totally redid out kitchen
and dining room (right before Thanksgiving)...flooring (still vinyl
tiles, but not nasty white/black marbled that were all scraped up),
cabinets (Mills Pride from Home Depot - only some were special order),
in-stock Home Depot countertop, paint, floor trim (actually cove
moulding, more commonly found in office buildings, but *so* much easier
to clean, and a perfect match for one of the colors in the flooring).

Grand total....less that $3000...

Larisa, decent designer, excellent scrimper! The same kitchen, done by
"professionals" would have cost around $10,000

Old April 7th 05, 10:32 PM
Kate Dicey

She who would like to be obeyed once every Preston Guild wrote:

{Now shuddering at thought of carpet in bathroom - not with males in the
house! nononono!}

Hehehe! You're being me again!

Old April 10th 05, 10:02 PM
Pauline O'Connell

Larissa,
You did an amazing job to your kitchen to have the cost come in under $3000!
My husband would definitely be happy dancing if we could have matched your
figure. He's told me not to talk about anything else that costs money
until this is over with. I did manage to finagle getting the entrance tiled
when they some to tile the kitchen/sewing room. I still find opportunities
to bring up the necessity of doing the sewing room (was family room) as soon
as the kitchen is done. (Then on to the bathrooms.) If we could just get
the electician's to finish up tomorrow when they are here, we would be
eternally grateful. I'm sure they are losing money on this job, since
they've had to do almost everything twice before it is finished!

Pauline

Cindy wrote:

You guys are making me rather envious about your kitchens!
I have hated the kitchen since I first laid eyes on it. No windows! So

small
that you can stand in the middle of it and touch the fronts of the

counter
on all sides. No storage. No dishwasher and no place to even put in one.
I have many times tried to figured out what the owner/builders where
thinking when they built this place. LOL. My master bathroom is 4 times
larger than the kitchen. In fact my closet is larger! I guess you can

see
where the priorities were.

Cindy

OT - little bitty anxiety attacks Jalynne Beads 47 September 4th 04 06:02 PM
Good vibes needed S. Burwash Beads 24 September 2nd 03 09:34 PM
Haunted House Update: OT Tink Beads 50 August 9th 03 04:53 PM