Housework or quilting?

Old April 4th 05, 04:16 PM
Pati Cook

As I was sewing some poly-clay embellishments on blocks at the guild
meeting the other day, some one asked where I got them. I told them I
had made them the night before. Response was "Is there anything you
_don't _do?" My immediate reply, "Housework."

Pati, in Phx. who has bumper stickers that read "Quilting (sewing)
forever! Housework, whenever."
and " I'd rather be quilting(sewing).

Teresa in Colorado wrote:

It's that stuff you do when there's non-quilting company coming. grin

Old April 4th 05, 05:31 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

The scooters have too wide of a turning radius. I have been looking at a
Jazzy which has the tightest turning radius of all of them but it is too
wide. My house just wasn't built for handicapped people. I like my kitchen
because it is very small - I can stand in 1 spot and lean on something and
reach just about everything. But there is no way I can get a wheel chair in
there.
SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
"Kathryn Walker" wrote in message
Would one of those electric scooters work? They look to be narrower
than a wheelchair. I think they're supposed to work with standard
doors.

Kathryn in Mi

Old April 4th 05, 05:37 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

I remember that story. She lived near Bakersfield, CA and her husband was
killed in an auto accident. She owned a hay farm. It don't matter who the
land belonged to - the family receiving the gift - that's what's important.
I remember one of the shows they did they paid off the mortgage. They do a
lot of good for a few people but I think they only do it for people who live
in or near where they do - mainly California.
SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
"Butterfly" wrote in message
They did an Extreme Makeover here in B'splat. Quite a touching story
behind it.and then come to find out the gal that they did the house for
didn't even own the land- it was her MIL's (Her DH had passed away). Even
had Clint Black here to do a concert---and money raised from it was to pay
the taxes....check written to the gal and NOT the MIL. Sure got quiet
about it, in our newspaper, all of a sudden.
Sure wouldn't hurt to try.......
Butterfly
"Marcella Peek" wrote in message
In article yrU3e.16838$TZ.346@okepread06,
"SNIGDIBBLY" wrote:

I just wish my house was handicap friendly. I'm doing research on an
electric wheel chair but none of my doors are wide enough and my hall
between bedrooms is too narrow to turn the chair thru the door from my
livingroom to my bedroom. Wish I could be chosen for that "extreme
makeovers show." Because the only way this house is going to be
handicap
accessible is to tear it down and start over.

Why not apply? You never know. They have to choose someone in need!

marcella

Old April 4th 05, 05:47 PM
maryd

The one they showed last night was in Louisiana.

--
Mary
"SNIGDIBBLY" wrote in message
: I remember that story. She lived near Bakersfield, CA and her husband
was
: killed in an auto accident. She owned a hay farm. It don't matter who
the
: land belonged to - the family receiving the gift - that's what's
important.
: I remember one of the shows they did they paid off the mortgage. They do
: lot of good for a few people but I think they only do it for people who
live
: in or near where they do - mainly California.
: --
: http://community.webshots.com/user/snigdibbly
: SNIGDIBBLY
: ~e~
: "
: / \
: http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/snigdibbly.
: http://www.ebaystores.com/snigdibbly...ox&refid=store
: ...
:

Old April 4th 05, 06:14 PM
Butterfly

Last nights show was done in LA. It had a Mardi Gras Parade of all the
townsppl that would be helping. I didn't get to see the entire show--just
the very beginning. I usually don't watch it so I am no 'expert' on it
whatsoever...think last nights might have been the 3rd time..the other one
was where they helped this gal out and had a large screen TV put in for her
Sis? SIL? that was very nearsighted and they did do some work making a
hall/room(s)? wide enuf for a wheelchair..that's all I remember about it.
Sorry I can't be of much more help than that.
Butterfly (so go ahead and write them--it can't hurt)

Old April 4th 05, 06:51 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

I'd be so embarrassed. I couldn't ever do that. It was just nice to day
dream about.
SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \

"SNIGDIBBLY" wrote:

I just wish my house was handicap friendly. I'm doing research on an
electric wheel chair but none of my doors are wide enough and my hall
between bedrooms is too narrow to turn the chair thru the door from my
livingroom to my bedroom. Wish I could be chosen for that "extreme
makeovers show." Because the only way this house is going to be
handicap
accessible is to tear it down and start over.

Why not apply? You never know. They have to choose someone in need!

marcella

Piggie's Quilting Winter..... Listpig Quilting 9 October 1st 04 12:39 AM
beginning machine quilting Patti Quilting 10 August 22nd 04 12:33 AM
Help!! Hand Quilting P8nPal Quilting 6 July 19th 04 06:09 PM
In Today's News: Terrified Quilting Newbie breaks silence! Liz and Steve Ford Quilting 33 August 17th 03 04:51 AM
Quilting and what I've been up to this summer frood Quilting 3 August 15th 03 12:14 AM