Prayers for lost cat, please

Old November 11th 12, 09:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tia Mary

Default Prayers for lost cat, please

Well, for those who remember the saga of Cheeto, I want to ask for
prayers because he got out the electronic dog door and has been gone for
five days now :-(. He and Raechel (the SMDGD) have been connected at
the hip since we gave him to her three years ago this Christmas.
Needless to say, she is totally devastated.
Cheeto has been a great cat for R but he's just too sneaky for his
own good. Last Christmas, we got the kids an electronic dog door --
they have two dogs and it was a total P.I.T.A. having to let them in and
out all the time. DH and I spent over $100 for the **electronic** dog
door because only animals with the proper magnet can trigger the
mechanism that lets the door open. The problem is that Aspen (the
oldest dog) is a good sized shepard mix and when she would go out the
dog door, it would swing back and forth several times before the
magnetic latch would engage. Cheeto figured out that if he waited for
Aspen to go out, then he could sneak out behind her when the door was
swinging back and forth!!!!.
This is the third time he has gotten out and been gone for more than
a few hours. The last time, he was gone for three days and had gotten
in a fight and came home all beat to hell. I had to front the kids some
$$$ so they could get him the treatment he needed. He was pretty good
for awhile after that and didn't sneak out for almost a month. This
time, I am afraid something not good has happened. The kids live just a
block or so from a HUGE open area with coyotes and I am afraid that
Cheeto went down there and got caught. I HOPE that didn't happen and he
comes home but I'm still pretty worried. Thanks for any "good stuff"
you can send our way. CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary /\___/\

Old November 11th 12, 11:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

"Thanks for any "good stuff"
you can send our way. CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary /\___/\

Prayers sent that this cat will find his way back home!
Barbara in FL

Old November 12th 12, 12:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Don't give up hope for a long time. Our kitty escaped while being boarded at
the vet's office - not an easy trick but he did it. Moses stayed missing
for 40 days and for sure, that's no record at all. I'm so sorry you have
this pain. Polly

Old November 12th 12, 02:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Oh Mary, I hope Cheeto comes home and is safe very soon. The kitties
going on 'field trips' are a big concern to us here. I think it was
Nightmist
that said kitties learn the sneaking out electronic doggie doors in
about 3 weeks. Got my fingers crossed for good news on Cheeto.

We can use some good thoughts and prayers for our golden retriever
Georgia. She is probably having surgery tomorrow for a tumor. I am
not too optimistic but we are going to see what happens. She is only
8-1/2 years old and is such a wonderful pal. I am heartsick to think
of losing her. It surely has been a long week
: (

Taria

Old November 12th 12, 03:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Prayers for a quick return of Cheeto and more prayers for Georgia. Surgery for a beloved furbaby is soooo worrisome and just plain scary. They don't understand what's going on or why they are hurting. I pray the outcome will be benign.

Leslie with The Flu & The (trying to be...) Nursemaid Furbabies in rainy, windy, cold, miserable MO.

Old November 12th 12, 03:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

On Sun, 11 Nov 2012 14:16:27 -0700, Tia Mary
wrote:

[...]

Hope he finds his way home soon!

-Irene
Old November 12th 12, 04:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

On Sun, 11 Nov 2012 18:42:30 -0800, Taria wrote:

I don't recall saying anything about electronic doggie doors, but I know
I have said cats find all the teleportation portals and cracks they can't
possible sneak through but do, in very short order.

We had a beloved cat sneak out one time. She found her way home about 3
months later. Climbed a tree, jumped onto the kitchen roof, went through
the upstairs neighbors window, and meowed until they fetched her down to
us. No lingering about the front door waiting for someone to open it for
that lady! She was thinner, wiser, and ecstatic to be home. Hopefully
Cheeto will be wiser when he comes home. Though some cats never learn.
We had a chronically escaping tomcat who decided he had best leave for
good the day before his neuter. Some days you have to think they are
telepathic as well as being able to teleport! Assuming Cheeto is already
fixed, he doesn't have any reason to stay out except an overdeveloped
sense of adventure. So I am sure he will be home as soon as he realizes
the food is better there.

NightMist

--
I'm raising a developmentally disabled child. What's your superpower?
Old November 12th 12, 05:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tia Mary

On 11/11/2012 7:42 PM, Taria wrote:
Oh Mary, I hope Cheeto comes home and is safe very soon. The kitties
going on 'field trips' are a big concern to us here. I think it was
Nightmist
that said kitties learn the sneaking out electronic doggie doors in
about 3 weeks. Got my fingers crossed for good news on Cheeto.

We can use some good thoughts and prayers for our golden retriever
Georgia. She is probably having surgery tomorrow for a tumor. I am
not too optimistic but we are going to see what happens. She is only
8-1/2 years old and is such a wonderful pal. I am heartsick to think
of losing her. It surely has been a long week
: (

Taria

{{{{{{{Taria & Georgia}}}}}} prayers that all works out well. CiaoMeow
^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary /\___/\
Old November 12th 12, 01:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

"Taria" wrote in message
Oh Mary, I hope Cheeto comes home and is safe very soon. The kitties
going on 'field trips' are a big concern to us here. I think it was
Nightmist
that said kitties learn the sneaking out electronic doggie doors in
about 3 weeks. Got my fingers crossed for good news on Cheeto.

We can use some good thoughts and prayers for our golden retriever
Georgia. She is probably having surgery tomorrow for a tumor. I am
not too optimistic but we are going to see what happens. She is only
8-1/2 years old and is such a wonderful pal. I am heartsick to think
of losing her. It surely has been a long week
: (

Taria

Hope things turn out OK for Georgia!
Barbara

OT - lost cat Bruce Needlework 11 May 1st 07 11:52 PM
OT Cat story for cat quilters She in PA Quilting 13 March 8th 06 04:52 PM
OT `Lost` land with all thosel lost things was RANT Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Yarn 13 January 16th 06 05:13 PM
OT Prayers for cat owners no offence to anyone intended - just lighthearted fun Cheryl in Oz Quilting 5 October 26th 05 07:43 PM