Semi-OT - forum censorship

Old April 5th 05, 05:57 PM
Arondelle

I was a member of AOL for almost seven years, and watched it go through
several transformations. One of those transformations was shifting from
mostly member-supplied content to entirely advertiser-supplied content.
After all of the forums in which I was interested were either
commercialized or eliminated altogether, I bailed out. It didn't help
that my account was once bounced for the alleged commercial link in my
message board sig line.

It sounds as though WC is going through the same kind of transistion,
and will wind up the way AOL has -- losing members at rapid clip.

One rule about communications of any sort is: Know your audience. From
what people have written here, it sounds like WC does not know its
audience, or even care.

Operating and maintaining a forum is, in fact, an expensive proposition.
In order to maintain an income flow, it is in the company's best
interest to not alienate the customers by violating their own privacy
policy.

Arondelle
--
"Supermodels. Hah! Nothing 'super' about them - spoiled, stupid little
stick figures with poofy lips who think only about themselves.

"Feh! I used to design for GODS!"

Edna Mode: "The Incredibles"

Old April 5th 05, 07:06 PM

Kalera and Kandice,
I agree 100%. I no longer post there nearly as much as I did in the
past. Too many rules, no consistency in their application. They will
no longer get any $$ from me.

Kandice: Don't be afraid to post on the ISGB board. Your beads are
lovely! You know what you are doing and it shows!

Moonraker: This IS rec.crafts.BEADS. Kalera had every right to post
here complaint here.

Old April 5th 05, 07:10 PM

My bad, this is rec.crafts.glass AND rec.crafts.BEADS. My statement
still stands.
Kimberly

Old April 5th 05, 07:13 PM
Glitzy Glass

I so appreciate being able to read people's opioniors on this and other
forums. Whether I agree or disagree. The diversity of interests and
beliefs are what makes the world an interesting place.

What makes it a sad place is when people are attacked on a personal
level.

Denise R.

Old April 5th 05, 08:14 PM
Polly S.

Moonraker wrote:
Then Kalera needs to keep her whining over on the bead forums and not in
rec.crafts.glass.

WC is paying for web server space and providing a forum. You don't like the
way they do things? TOUGH. It's their game, it's their rules. Get over
it, or get gone. Nobody should ever have the expectation of privacy in
posting "private" messages on a public forum. What dreamworld are you
living in?

And what world are you living in? This is Usenet, remember. People are
free to post information, opinions and feelings. That includes you *and*
Kalera. Being abrasive and nasty is not only unnecessary, its ignorant
of the 'world' YOU are in.

Take your own advice.
Get over it.

--
Polly

--
don't spook my groove...
icq 13968113
Old April 5th 05, 08:27 PM

Kandice,
I'd love to see you post more on ISGB. I would especially welcome
pics of your beads under show & tell, or anything you would like to
tell us.
I post all the time and I'm a newbie (and a fuser, no less) compared
to the long time beadmakers. Why are you afraid?
This is just my personal opinion, but I think the "feuds" on ISGB
tend to be long time personality issues between people, it shouldn't
affect other people posting.
Patti
www.pattiwhiteley.com

Old April 5th 05, 09:08 PM
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

My eyes have been playing tricks on me lately. I thought this said "NUDE
People".

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Polly S." wrote in message
Moonraker wrote:

(snipped)

Old April 5th 05, 09:29 PM
Javahut

wrote in message
ups.com...
My bad, this is rec.crafts.glass AND rec.crafts.BEADS. My statement
still stands.
Kimberly

So Kandace is a cross poster, by your own admission? That is a bad
everywhere, is it not?

This is childish for a Usenet discussion, here it is free, post to your
hearts content and if someone doesn't agree, they don't have to read it.
But if you are posting on SOMEONE ELSE"S Property, i.e. web forum maintained
by them and paid for by them, then "them " has all the rules, posted or not.
You have the right to go there , or not. To drag that crap, likes or
dislikes, to here, meaning rec. crafts. glass , is also a waste, but again,
that is my viewpoint.
Take your money to another forum, why would you advertise on someone else's
site anyway, for what you spent you could probably have your own!!

Old April 5th 05, 09:35 PM
Polly S.

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP] wrote:
My eyes have been playing tricks on me lately. I thought this said
"NUDE People".

Made ya look! g hehehe at least nude people would be a lot more
fun!!!

--
Polly

--
don't spook my groove...
icq 13968113
Old April 5th 05, 09:39 PM
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

You'd think so but if I were nude and the weather wasn't pleasant or if
there were a lot of mirrors around I might not be so much fun. But then
again - what the heck? I've been naked around others before and we all have

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]