Cutting Table Ironing Cover

Old September 23rd 03, 09:58 PM
teleflora

Default Cutting Table Ironing Cover

My local JoAnn's got in these padded ironing covers for their folding
cutting tables. They are regularly $29.95. Last week when I was there, they
were on sale for $24.95. I waited and went back yesterday when the 50%
coupon was useable and got it for less than $15.00.

Has anyone used one of these? I got it for sewing, but I figured it would
make ironing table cloths much easier as well.

Anyway, if you have been looking for one of these, they finally got them in.

Cindy

Old September 24th 03, 11:32 PM

Cutting Table Ironing Cover

(teleflora)
My local JoAnn's got in these padded ironing covers for their folding
cutting tables. They are regularly $29.95. Last week when I was there,
they were on sale for $24.95. I waited and went back yesterday when the
50% coupon was useable and got it for less than $15.00.
Has anyone used one of these? I got it for sewing, but I figured it
would make ironing table cloths much easier as well.
---------
I bought one years ago, and when I used a tape measure on the
accursed thing, the measurements were waaaayy off. I figured out why:
the lines are so thick, that by the time you get to 12 inches, you are
actually at 12 & 1/2 or more, depending on the thickness of the printed
lines. The error grows exponentially, with the length of the cover.
Not a big deal if all you do is press, but if you are counting on
accuracy, say, for turning up a skirt hem to a certain length before
pressing, as I was, it was wasted money.
Cea

Old September 25th 03, 02:23 AM
teleflora

wrote in message
I bought one years ago, and when I used a tape measure on the
accursed thing, the measurements were waaaayy off. I figured out why:
the lines are so thick, that by the time you get to 12 inches, you are
actually at 12 & 1/2 or more, depending on the thickness of the printed
lines. The error grows exponentially, with the length of the cover.
Not a big deal if all you do is press, but if you are counting on
accuracy, say, for turning up a skirt hem to a certain length before
pressing, as I was, it was wasted money.
Cea

Well that's sure good to know! Thanks.

Cindy

Discounted Magazine Subscriptions Shannon Still Marketplace 0 February 27th 04 02:56 AM
Discounted Magazine Subscriptions Shannon Still Marketplace 0 February 27th 04 02:56 AM
Looking for Help Roy Neudecker Glass 4 January 20th 04 06:40 PM
Pressing and Cutting Paradigm Shift needed frood Quilting 37 July 31st 03 10:20 AM
FA: $5.00The Technique of Stained Glass Elric of Imrryr Marketplace 0 July 30th 03 03:53 AM