Help a girl out: 11 pendants on eBay going cheap!!

Old July 16th 06, 08:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads,rec.crafts.glass
Kalera

Default Help a girl out: 11 pendants on eBay going cheap!!

LavenderCreek wrote:

I had someone want to know how to make a goddess bead. I explained that
mine are made very intuitively and free form, I rarely make them the
same way twice and it really wasn't something I could explain in an
email but I did provide a link to a goddess tutorial written by someone
else. I explained that this goddess wasn't like mine but that it was a
good one to begin with and would help develop some basic skills which
would, with practice, allow her to work in a more free form style..
Well, she wrote back and didn't like that goddess, wanted to make ones
like mine. I just couldn't understand that kind of thinking. I guess I
should just be happy that she wrote back at all and did say thank you,
but obviously wasn't really satisfied with my answer. I also know that
since nothing was handed to her, she probably won't go far in this
medium...I guess that's a good thing in a way.

Wow, that story just... I mean, holy ****. What did she want, a soul
transfer?

Maybe you should have just given her all your beads and told her to sell
them under her name. Then she wouldn't have to work AT ALL. Oh, also
give her access to your bank accounts.

I get that kind of thing occasionally, just less blatant.

People just don't seem to understand that there really are no
shortcuts, ya gotta do the work!

It seems like such a basic principle, yet it seems to elude so many.

Ok, I know this has nothing to do with what we've been talking about,
I'm just rambling here on this fine sunny sunday morning so just ignore
me!

It's an interesting topic, I'm enjoying it.

Teresa
www.lavendercreek.de

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
Old July 17th 06, 12:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads,rec.crafts.glass
LavenderCreek

Kalera,

Wow, that story just... I mean, holy ****. What did she want, a soul
transfer?

ROTFLMAO! Thank you! I definitely needed a chuckle today, it has been
one of those days!

Now I am going to bed where it is peaceful and calm,

Teresa

Old July 17th 06, 07:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads,rec.crafts.glass
Christina Peterson

This is funny. I've seen a bunch of goddesses that are obviously imitations
of your goddesses. Things that have similar proportions. But what is
distinctive about yours is the free flow of the work, the quality of
activity or of rest from activity. The sense that there is substance and
muscle that flows and ties together ever in the more restful pieces.

In life drawing, you study the bones first for proportion, and then the
muscles for mass and motion. Your goddesses always remind me of sketches or
studies (etudes).

Tina

"LavenderCreek" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey Amy,

Thanks for replying! And I'm happy to hear that even if those auctions
didn't go well, they were the beginning of something else for you!

Speaking for myself and a few others I am sure, I am just floored
sometimes by how rude, selfish and inconsiderate some people can be...I
think we are becomming a bit sensitive to anything even remotely
similar...so it wasn't really you that set this off. The sad thing is
that it is a growing trend and not just an occasional thing. Maybe it
has to do with the society we live in now where instant gratification
is the norm. People are taught that they have the right to nearly
anything they want, just ask, and it should be yours. Of course the
beadie world isn't the only place I've seen this so I gotta think it is
just the way society is these days.

Old July 18th 06, 12:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads,rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

Amy -- THREE offers. PLEASE post more here -- I want some too.

Becki

Old July 18th 06, 09:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads,rec.crafts.glass
LavenderCreek

Thank you so much Tina! You made my day That is really what I was
hoping people would see, I spend alot of time trying to hint at just
the things you mentioned when I am making my goddesses. It makes me so
happy when people see it
I was wondering if people really noticed these things because I have
been asked a few times why my goddesses sell so much better than other
poeple's goddesses. I feel like if I need to answer that question, the
person asking would never understand anyway!

Thank you!
Teresa