Which pillowcase method?

Old July 30th 10, 03:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

Default Which pillowcase method?

The boxes of Novelty fabrics are overflowing. As I tried to straighten
them I decided some of the yardage pieces would make good pillowcases
for the 1 Million Pillowcase Challenge. Those who have held marathon
pillowcase sewing sessions, which sewing method do you prefer? The
"burrito" method on the American Patchwork and Quilting site looks
interesting and fast. Any tips from those who have sewn pillowcases? I
plan to cut the fabric to size then invite friends over for an all day
sewing session. Using the serger would be faster but I haven't used it
in so long that it would take a day just to remember how to thread it.

I don't see any warnings about using fabric softeners or starch. I
always use fragrance free products but do use a softener sheet and
Best Press if the fabric is stubbornly wrinkled. Some of my fabrics
are more masculine designs. Hope that is OK I assume the pillowcases
are going to cancer patients in general and not just to women.

No, I won't send you any of the overflow fabrics. Not even the little
pieces. One never knows when she will need that unusual print.

Susan
Old July 31st 10, 08:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sartorresartus

The method looks good, but...

How do the pillowcases work in the end? How does the pillow stay in?
Do you put buttons on it or something? Or can you add the flap
later. I hate cases that swivel off and ruck in the night.

Nel (GQ)
Old July 31st 10, 04:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 09:22:12 -0500, Susan Laity Price wrote
(in article ):

[...]

I had to look up the burrito method pillowcase. Turns out thats what I've
been using, only we called it weiner pillowcases. They are so simple and
quick. It's really hard to mess them up.

I think more masculine fabrics would be great.

Maureen

Old July 31st 10, 05:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in Idaho[_2_]

I've never in many, many years had a pillow case that's come off the pillow
during the night. What's nice about the burrito pillowcase is that the
inside seams are finished. Also, have never used buttons to keep the
pillowcase on a bed pillow!

Donna in IDaho

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5328 (20100731) __________

http://www.eset.com