OT - Fed up - *Warning* - political/media rant

Old February 15th 08, 05:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Polly S.[_2_]

Default OT - Fed up - *Warning* - political/media rant

Warning - political rant

I consider myself to be intelligent and politically aware and informed;
able to research, learn and choose for myself. Journalist are, or should
be, a big part of that learning and gathering information.

This election is so freaking messed up as far as the reporting of
*FACTS* that it just makes me want to reach through the tv and slap a
few so called journalist. Starting with Cafferty and ending with... oh I
don't know, more than a half dozen others.

This morning I've sent email to the President of MSNBC, their VP of News
and Chris Matthews; I'm copying same letter to several people at CNN and
Fox (for what that's worth).

IF any of you have been affected by the biased and preferential
reporting including (but certainly not limited to) the nasty and
dismissive running commentary about Clinton, the raising of one
candidate over another and the apparent opinion that viewers are not
able to think for themselves, please take a minute to respond to online
petitions or email the news services themselves. Even a few words to let
them know they are expected to hold themselves to a higher standard
will, at least, let them know their behavior is NOT acceptable and will
add to the growing public voice that may bring change and accountability.

I have, or can find, any email addresses or petitions available. Please
email me if you need them or more information.
webmaster at beadfulheart dot com

----------
copy of email I've sent to various people at primary news networks. I
might have edited it to be a bit nicer if I'd taken time to think about
it but chose not to.

Feb. 15, 2008

Enough already. It's time to return to the honest and impartial
reporting that WAS the historical backbone of the industry. Choosing
candidates and pushing them on the public is, or should be, criminal.
Not everyone is politically astute or aware and to prey on that, giving
them partial or biased and preferential information, just makes the
news media the latest kind of inhuman predator.

It's about the derogatory, demeaning manner in which Hillary Clinton is
portrayed but it is also about the choosing of one or two candidates
over others and portraying that your version of things is in fact...
fact. And that to think or feel otherwise makes one an outsider or neophyte.

Think about it please. Is it your job to inform, fully, or to instruct
with partial biased information? Reporting is not picking and choosing
as if your viewers are not intelligent enough to think for themselves.

Polly Stewart
Lake Charles, LA

--

"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that
wasn't there before." ... Neil Gaiman

http://beadfulheart.com/
Old February 15th 08, 05:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
flitterbit

Polly S. wrote:
[...]

Brava! (I didn't trim because the whole works deserved repeating, imho)
Old February 15th 08, 05:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Polly S.[_2_]

flitterbit wrote:
Polly S. wrote:
Warning - political rant

Brava! (I didn't trim because the whole works deserved repeating, imho)

Thank you... hope it's not just a waste of time and bandwidth but I was
feeling pretty powerless and ****ed this morning... dangerous
combination for me. Tends to make my 'mouth' run off with me since I am
too old to be throwing things!

--
Polly Stewart

Old February 16th 08, 01:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
flitterbit

Polly S. wrote:
flitterbit wrote:
Polly S. wrote:
Warning - political rant

Brava! (I didn't trim because the whole works deserved repeating, imho)

Thank you... hope it's not just a waste of time and bandwidth but I was
feeling pretty powerless and ****ed this morning... dangerous
combination for me. Tends to make my 'mouth' run off with me since I am
too old to be throwing things!

You're welcome It's better to get stuff out than to bottle it up
Old February 17th 08, 03:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Mj

Oh, Polly. How I agree with you.

MY rant\

I feared early on that the media would decide it was "sexy" to pit the
black man against the woman and that's just what's happened. I am fed
up with my presidential candidates being served up to me by a group of
people who have NO integrity or conscience - and by that I mean the
people appearing on our "news" programs, who spout nonsense and crap
rather than doing the basic journalism I was taught 20 years ago at
the University of Oregon Journalism school. I'm ashamed to be evenly
remotely associated with these 'journalists' - a term that should be
synonymous with "media whores" instead of respected professionals.

/rant

I no longer listen to the news, either cable or network. It's easier
on my ulcers that way!
Old February 17th 08, 03:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Maren at google

On Feb 15, 7:08 am, "Polly S." wrote:
Warning - political rant

Polly, if you call that a rant you'd better not come to our house
when we're in rant mode. Of course, I understand that when one
puts things in writing one has to be a bot more careful, but, I
think that was very benign for a rant ...

Aloha,
Maren
HiloBeads: Beads - Beading Supplies - Hand-made Jewelry
http://www.hilobeads.com/
Blog at: http://hilobeads.blogspot.com/
Old February 20th 08, 07:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beckibead

Politcs is a divorce-causing issue in my family. My mother was a
Repub, my dad a Dem. I was raised as a Republican but found out in
college that my beliefs were really Democratic, not Republican at
all. LOL. I knew nothing. When my parents found out I was working
on a Democratic political campaign, my mom kicked my dad out of the
bedroom over the fight they had. LOL. NO KIDDING!!!

We can lay down. Come to dinner sometime!!!!

And, I say that in order to soothe you also, Polly. That was hardly a
rant. You should hear me do it.

Favorite bumper sticker seen today "When Clinton lied, nobody died"

I'm a big supporter of Hillary's opponent. However, I like her a
lot. If Obama wasn't in the race she would be my candidate. And I,
too, do not like the way she is being treated in the press.

Becki

OT OT Hair removal 101 spew warning and offense warning! unclbennie Quilting 21 September 5th 05 01:15 AM
OT ~ POLITICAL RANT Kaytee Beads 0 November 11th 04 02:48 PM
ot-political phone solicitations-rant- susiegibson Beads 66 November 6th 04 06:05 PM