Dear Red States

Old November 8th 08, 05:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dawne Peterson

Default Dear Red States

"Pat in Illinois" wrote .
It worked for the Golden Girls!

Pat in Illinois

(wiping up coffee--thanks Pat!!) Too funny. Next time we are out for a beer
I will start a fight among the group as to which one of us would be played
by Bea Arthur!!! (I am afraid I am Betty White, but won't admit it to the
rest of them). No pantsuits thought.

Dawne

Old November 8th 08, 05:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jinx Minx

"Pat in Illinois" wrote in message
I want to grow up to be Blanche!

Pat in Illinois

Damn! You beat me to it!! Actually, back in college my three roommates and
I would always joke about which Golden Girl we were. Yeah...I really was
the Blanche of the bunch! The stories I could tell......but won't. ;-p

Jinx

Old November 8th 08, 11:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jeri

dark.angel wrote:
snip
disgusted rant.

It's people like YOU with your bull**** that's made Dems the dirty
word it is in many American homes. It's people like YOU that make
other people too afraid to pray in front of me once they find out I'm
a Dem. It's people like YOU that have to act (and you've admitted it)
like
Dems are superior creatures (shades of Aryan, perhaps?) and that Reps
are filthy uneducated (because of COURSE, if they don't agree with
YOU, they must be stupid, right?), asshats.

I work my ASS off to defray the ****ty way people see Dems. Dems are
about protecting freedoms, providing for those who can't provide for
themselves (and assisting them until they can), and encouraging the
differences -- and teaching others to be tolerant of those differences
-- inherent in our nation.

Being a Dem asshole is supposed to be the EXCEPTION, not the rule.

So, why don't you stop the political and rhetoric equivalent of
bragging that your dick is bigger and just grow a HEART? A brain, too,
if you can manage it. TIA.

/disgusted rant

snip

Bravo!! Well said!
--
Jeri
"Change is inevitable, except from vending machines."

Old November 8th 08, 12:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jeri

Karen C in California wrote:
snip
Not me. I manage to be both a Dem and a Christian.

However, I can't begin to count how many Reps have made statements in
my presence to the effect of "all Jews/Buddhists/Muslims are going
straight to hell because they're not Christians". Dems are more
tolerant of other religions.

Yes Karen, that whole boorish, offensive, biggoted rant you posted really
shows how tolerant you are.
--
Jeri
"You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can rejoice because

Old November 8th 08, 12:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

It worked for the Golden Girls!

I live that life. I have two very good friends that I'm with a good deal of
the time, one of whom is blonde, one very dark hair and my gray hair. We
don't share a home, although we have discussed it several times and even
went so far as to make a plan on how many bedrooms and bathrooms, whether we
need more then one common area for TV and just sitting around and fighting
over who gets custody of the kitchen. The kitchen is our biggest problem
because no one wants it.

We have often said that if any of us got into trouble and couldn't afford to
stay in our own home, we would work something out and live together. It
could work as long as we all had our own private space and bathroom.

Lucille

Pat in Illinois

Dawne Peterson wrote:
"Karen C in California" wrote..
Personally, I've been propositioned by a couple of lesbians who think
that because I'm divorced I should hate men. Did I cry on S's shoulder
when my relationship broke up? Yeah. Did I find her sexually
attractive while I was doing it? No. She just happened to be the
nearest person when I got the news. I am 150% hetero; when I got
married, it was Hallelujah, I never have to live with women again.

Um, not all lesbians hate men. None of my lesbian friends made any such
assumption about me when I broke up with a man, any more than I would
assume that if one of them breaks off a relationship she now hates women
and I should hook her up with a man. And there are many many fates worse
than living with women. My Best GFs and I often talk about living
together in our old age, and we are not entirely kidding.

Dawne

Old November 8th 08, 12:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jeri

Karen C in California wrote:
snip

Thank you for pointing that out. We in the Blue States have been
expected to laugh at "offensive gloating" for years. The Reds don't
like it now that the tables are turned.

Perhaps as a "Christian" you should start practicing the Golden Rule. I'm
sure you've heard of it being a "Christian" and all.....
"Do unto others as you would have others do unto you." Sound familiar?

Old November 8th 08, 02:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
dark.angel

In article , Karen C in California
wrote:

dark.angel wrote:

It's people like YOU that make other
people too afraid to pray in front of me once they find out I'm a Dem.

Not me. I manage to be both a Dem and a Christian.

*snort*
Then you must have converted on both counts since your original,
bigoted, horribly intolerant post.

I trust, since you're now a new "convert," we can expect kindness,
tolerance and respect for others from you now?

You'll pardon me if I choose not to hold my breath waiting for that
sort of behavior.

However, I can't begin to count how many Reps have made statements in my
presence to the effect of "all Jews/Buddhists/Muslims are going straight
to hell because they're not Christians".

Balderdash. Many of my friends are Reps - Southern Baptist Convention,
if you can wrap your tiny mind around it -- and not a SINGLE on has
ever Bible-thumped, railed about "going to Hell" or otherwise.

And I don't suppose that you're missing that that belief IS a part of
each religion's doctrine? EAch religion believes that theirs is the
RIGHT one -- otherwise, why in the world would they believe??

(BTW, you're every bit as rabid in protecting YOUR beliefs and YOUR
positions -- PKB, anyone?)

However, that's not the point in question. BEHAVIOR is the matter at
hand. While, yes, I'm sure you've encountered "Bible-thumpers" -- they
do exist. Extremes ALWAYS exist and they tend to be the ones most
noticed. But to generalize Reps as ALL being BTs is purely asinine, and
might I say, moronic.

The average Christian -- the ones I'VE met, anyway -- tend to be kind
and compassionate. They DO try to make converts, yes. But I've only
seen them do it by their acts of kindness as an example.

Perhaps the Bible-thumping "You're going to Hell" rap you seem to
encounter is simply because YOU bring it out in them? Or perhaps its
the water you bragged about in your plagiarized post?

Dems are more tolerant of
other religions.

Yes. Absolutely true. WE are.

I don't think you're really a Dem, though. I think you're someone who
feels so superior to the average person -- nay, the entire human
population -- that you searched and found the most "enlightened"
political party you could find.

It's not about caring for those less fortunate and making sure their
needs are met and their voices heard, for you, it's about being
SUPERIOR and getting to tell others what they should do and shouldn't
do. Honestly, you're a self-centered, self-righteous twit who hides
behind MY party for the status it gives you. And the protection and
validation it gives your holier-than-thou espousals.

I suspect if you had been of the age of majority then, Eugenics might
be something you'd think a good idea. While perhaps not the outright
murder, certainly the internment and sterilization advocated.

A Dem, you are not.

--
dark.angel
Old November 8th 08, 02:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
dark.angel

In article , Jeri
wrote:

Karen C in California wrote:
snip
Not me. I manage to be both a Dem and a Christian.

However, I can't begin to count how many Reps have made statements in
my presence to the effect of "all Jews/Buddhists/Muslims are going
straight to hell because they're not Christians". Dems are more
tolerant of other religions.

Yes Karen, that whole boorish, offensive, biggoted rant you posted really
shows how tolerant you are.

IAWTP x infinity.

--
dark.angel
Old November 8th 08, 02:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
dark.angel

In article , Jeri
wrote:

dark.angel wrote:
[...]

Right back at you! You've put her in her place, too!

--
dark.angel

OT - Dear Dad Elly[_2_] Quilting 4 February 9th 08 05:37 AM
OT Dear all . . . CATS Quilting 5 September 13th 07 05:08 PM
A little OT Finished something - but oh dear! Cats Quilting 29 January 30th 07 03:39 AM
Oh Dear! KJ Quilting 13 January 31st 05 02:59 PM
OT - Dear Mom LN \(remove NOSPAM\) Quilting 8 April 25th 04 02:10 AM