OT - news from Julia Sidebottom

Old November 8th 04, 05:22 PM
Queen of Squishies

Default OT - news from Julia Sidebottom

posted with permission.....

hi karen,

I have been away. Had a small stroke on sept. 8th. doing much
better. Thoughts still a bit jumbled up but am working hard and getting
back on my feet and hands are working fair... great physical therapy! OT
working with BIG stitching cards! Will be quilting again in no
time! Vision is fair and swallowing is improving. Dr.s are confident
that I will get most back again.. coming along good. Had good news and
progress report and hospital on wed. helped my mood alot. Thank goodness
for spell checker on the computer.
I have no concept of numbers any more. I hope this comes back it is
very frustrating not to be able to understand what to do with them. I am
spending a lot of time relearning to count and add and subtract again it is
very difficult. So much for that.
I will get back on the ng as soon as I can.. I don't know right now when
that will be.. I just want to be a bit stronger and able to follow things
better first. To many fried brain cells right now.
hugs julia

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
* We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar

Old November 8th 04, 05:33 PM
Kate Dicey

Queen of Squishies wrote:

[...]

Oh, NOOOO! Pass on my best wishes for a full recovery, and I will email
her too. SMELLS LIKE TIME FOR A CHOCOLATE SQUISHY!

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old November 8th 04, 05:45 PM
Cindy Schmidt

Thanks for the info Karen.

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))) and good thoughts coming your way Julia.
Come back soon.

--
Cindy from MO

Old November 8th 04, 06:19 PM
nana2b

Thanks for the post. I was wonderingwhy we hadn't heard from Julia. I hope
you continue to improve everyday. Linda in Tx

Old November 8th 04, 06:44 PM
NanaV

Thank you, Karen, for posting. Please tell Julia I'm thinking of her and
wishing her a speedy recovery.

Nana

Old November 8th 04, 07:06 PM
Flossy

(((Hugs))) to Julia wishing her a speedy recovery
Flossy
Malvern England
***** Queen of Plaids ******
http://www.flossy.net

Old November 8th 04, 07:42 PM
Sharon Harper

Karen, thanks so much for posting this and if you speak with Julia please
pass on all our love and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia
Queen of Down Under

Old November 8th 04, 09:04 PM
hfw

Thanks, Karen, for letting us know. Please tell Julia to expect good
thoughts and hugs from Philadelphia.

--Heidi

http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b

Old November 8th 04, 10:50 PM
Dee in Oz

Thanks so much for passing that on Karen.
Please send her my best wishes. Julia is such an inspiring person. Her
'drop ins' are missed.

Dee in Oz
Old November 8th 04, 11:23 PM
Debbi

Thank you so much for letting us know. Please send my prayers and
{{{{{HUGS}}}}} to Julia. Hoping for a very speedy recovery.

Debbi in SO CA