Piggie's Quilting Winter.....

Old September 30th 04, 01:40 AM
Listpig

Default Piggie's Quilting Winter.....

I have decided that This Winter (starting now) will be entirely Piggie's
Quilting Winter.

So, what's different, you ask?

When I say "quilting", I mean just that: quilting, not piecing, not
designing......

Somewhere along the line I've acquired quite a pile of finished tops. Some
are already basted with their batting and backing. A very short pile is
even already partly quilted. (three or four or so).

(Somewhere along the line they got yanked from the frame for a "rush job"
and never made it back there.)

So: first, the partially quilted guys are getting finished. (The first one
I put on the frame yesterday was actually less than three hours' quilting
from being ready to have its borders quilted: now working on borders.) Then
the basted-unquilted guys, then the "ain't been sammiched yet" bunch.

Well, until I can't stand it anymore, anyhow. I'm holding out for at least
February. And I'm a hand quilter, so all the traffic the Bernina should get
(in the quilting line) should be applying bindings........and it should keep
my expenditures down for the winter, being mostly batting with probably a
backing or two.....oh, and that odd bit there for binding......g

First one up is "Spies in the Garden"---GFG with the center hexes being I
Spys. When I get that finished and the lap quilt I just finished bound I'll
get shots up of both of them.

-- pig

http://www.faloshi-studios.com/

Old September 30th 04, 01:42 AM
Diana Curtis

Great plan. I'm not sure I could stick to it but I wish you well on this. It
will feel great to see the pile dwindle. Creative juices will flow...
Diana

--
Vote this November (U.S.A.)

Old September 30th 04, 02:18 AM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
Listpig wrote:

[...]

Good for you, Piglet! I need to finish up some stuff, too.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1
Old September 30th 04, 07:16 AM
Patti

Go for it Pig.
That sounds a great idea. Don't know that I could do it (love my
piecing and designing g); but more power to you for having a go.
..
In article , Listpig
writes
I have decided that This Winter (starting now) will be entirely Piggie's
Quilting Winter.

So, what's different, you ask?

When I say "quilting", I mean just that: quilting, not piecing, not
designing......

Somewhere along the line I've acquired quite a pile of finished tops. Some
are already basted with their batting and backing. A very short pile is
even already partly quilted. (three or four or so).

snipped
-- pig

http://www.faloshi-studios.com/

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old September 30th 04, 10:09 AM
Roberta Zollner

Sounds like a plan! Are we laying bets on how long it will last? Winter
hasn't even started yet!
Roberta in D

Old September 30th 04, 07:37 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
'Atta Girl!

Ragmop/Sandy

Old September 30th 04, 11:33 PM
Johanna Gibson

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 19:40:33 -0500, Listpig
wrote:

I have decided that This Winter (starting now) will be entirely Piggie's
Quilting Winter.

So, what's different, you ask?

When I say "quilting", I mean just that: quilting, not piecing, not
designing......

Somewhere along the line I've acquired quite a pile of finished tops.

*snip*

I was packing the garment fabric, fake fur, and further quilting
fabric from the wardrobe today and found 2 WIPs from 9 years ago
(neither quilt-related, I hasten to add). The very idea made me
tired. They have been hauled from Cambridge to Manchester, then to
Portsmouth, then to Dundee. Today they were laid to rest in the rag
bag I use to stuff pillows. It felt rather nice. I applaud all who
finish their unfinished projects, but sometimes, it's nice to just let
go.

-- Jo in Scotland
Old September 30th 04, 11:55 PM
DDM

You can do it. We will cheer you on. I'll go and look for my pom poms
right now. They're probably packed away with the baton and majorette boots.

Dee in LeRoy, NY GOooooo Quilters!

Old October 1st 04, 12:39 AM
Listpig

And part of my "to do" bin is actually salvaging bits from some UFOs that
are UFOs for a reason: things I got half through and decided they absolutely
suck donkey tails.

They're headed for the bin whenever I get time to see what can be salvaged
(half the backing and batting from a half quilted disaster, for example.)

What I'm working on is more in the class of "I really meant to get this done
but it got derailed" as well as the output of top-making binges that didn't
involve scheduling the back half. g

--pig

On 9/30/04 17:33, in article ,
"Johanna Gibson" wrote:

I applaud all who
finish their unfinished projects, but sometimes, it's nice to just let
go.

-- pig

http://www.faloshi-studios.com/

beginning machine quilting Patti Quilting 10 August 22nd 04 12:33 AM
Help!! Hand Quilting P8nPal Quilting 6 July 19th 04 06:09 PM
AD-Orlando, FL November 15-16, 2003 Florida Winter Classic Intergalactic Bead Festival Phineas T Beadd Director National Bead Society Beads 0 October 29th 03 06:07 PM
In Today's News: Terrified Quilting Newbie breaks silence! Liz and Steve Ford Quilting 33 August 17th 03 04:51 AM
Quilting and what I've been up to this summer frood Quilting 3 August 15th 03 12:14 AM