New Pics of Quilt Blocks

Old November 5th 04, 08:50 PM
She in PA

Default New Pics of Quilt Blocks

I am having such a great time. I joined The Beaver Valley Piecemakers a
local quilting guild. I went on Wednesday night. I thought I went early to
get a seat and took my grandmothers quilt for show-n-tell. Well, I was
wrong. I walked in 20 minutes before it was supposed to start and there was
not a seat for me to sit in. I saw a few people I vaguely new, but no seats.
Finally someone yelled so that's why you haven't been coming to Designer 1
Class! She said that they were puling up a chair so I could sit at the end
of their table. There were 80 members there that night plus I joined and 5
other joined. They have a lot going on at their meetings it was really fun.
Everyone was nice. I took my blocks I was working on for my class in case
Darlene my teacher was there so she could se them. She was there and said I
was doing excellent work. When I was signing up they asked me how long I
have been quilting. I told them I have never made a quilt, I have just made
3 blocks besides 3 paper piecing blocks, that 2 never got finished. I told
them I had them with me. The Secretary looked at them and said I am not a
new piecer and I said I had never pieced before. Darlene my teacher was
standing there and stepped in and said that I sew and have good use of my
machine. Another lady told me that if the Secretary told me my blocks were
really good that was a great complement because she has won many ribbons and
also has judged many shows. That really made feel good especially since I
have limited use of my hands.

I have new pictures on my web albums. Some are under quilt blocks. I now
have three quilt blocks completed, Bow Tie, Jacob's Ladder, and Rising Star,
and they all have sashing and corners on them. The colors are starting to
look so nice together. At the Guild meeting my Tie Purse was a hit everyone
was passing it around. There is a picture of it in there to somewhere. I
think in odds and ends. My granddaughter Raven is in there with her princess
outfit on and she is also with Flat Stanley a school project I am helping
out with for a little girl in Texas.

Someone at the guild brought in for show-n-tell a Simplicity pattern of a
raggedy edge quilt that is the shape of a big flat fat dog made out of it
looked like denim and flannels. It was really cute. I want to try to make
one for Raven for Christmas. But, she went through the Disney catalog and
circled everything that was Tinker Bell and said, "I will pay for it and
Santa can bring it to me." I told her all she has to do is ask Santa to
bring it. She kept saying she would pay for it then he could bring it. I
never had a kid want to pay for their Christmas toys have you? Here is my
website

http://community.webshots.com/user/drevna1

Hope you enjoy my pictures.

She

Old November 7th 04, 11:10 PM
Johanna Gibson

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 15:50:27 -0500, "She in PA"
wrote:

[...]

Nice website! What a granddaughter you have there! She looks very
like my nephew Josh did at that age (except of course when she's
dressed as a princess). Thanks for sharing.

-- Jo in Scotland
Old November 8th 04, 03:07 AM
nana2b

Great Job Sheila, they are really coming along. Linda in Tx