Simple Pleasures

Old November 17th 05, 12:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Simple Pleasures

Hmmm...

1. having my husband notice and comment on the things I did differently
around the house while he was at work
1.5 Finding the perfect chunk of angel fabric that I knew I had laying
around from a previous Xmas gift years ago (made a rice pillow for
someone with that fabric years ago and kept the extra) and it was the
perfect size to accomplish what was needed
(those were really yesterday's but...)

2. Playing peek-a-boo with a baby in the library and watching him grin
like crazy over it
3. Getting to the post to send out a variety of squish type packages
(not all fabric -- some just general feel goods)

Old November 17th 05, 03:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Going to the hardware store, buying a new mailbox, removing the old one and
replacing it in about 10 minutes. DH is out of the county and I got to use
the "new" (last Christmas) cordless drill I bought him. I'm not sure he's
used it yet! (He probably knew that I wanted one.)
Thawing my frozen fingers around a cup of coffee. Next time I'll wear my
gloves.

Going out to dinner at the last minute with a friend. However coming home
and finding myself locked out of the house because the garage door keypad
wasn't working was NOT a pleasure! But calling DS and having him answer him
answer his phone (he's working in a wood shop and doesn't always hear it!)
and having my friend drive me to his work to retrieve a key IS a
pleasure...a complicated one though!

Not dropping the snow blower as I got it down from the attic. Can you tell
I'm independent when DH is gone? However about halfway down the steps I
remembered a better way to move it. I had to move slowly and very
carefully! Don't think I'll try that again!

That's all I can think of tonight. I'm tired!
KJ

Old November 17th 05, 06:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

nzlstar* wrote:
ok, fess up Melinda,
where'd u get the moon thingy?
did you show the wee lad the moon out there.
i bet he'd love it. songs to sing and storys about the moon too.
then its out again soon but during the daytime during the middle of the
day.
oh and the stars you can talk about. all those lovely constellations too.
might even see a shooting star.
just dont be confused. its not me ya know, lol.
i always loved dd finding it in the daytime as well as at night.
fascinates so many of us, eh.
maybe we should organize a PJ party for next time dh is away, lol.
cant have ya feeling all alone now can we.
hugz to you and ds from across the ditch,
jeanne

It comes with OS that's on this computer, Linux.
It was a bit too cold and at times a little wet to take him
outside last night, he does like looking at the moon but his
main facination is with all things with motors.....
DH got back about 11pm, but having a girls night in sounds
like a great idea!

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old November 17th 05, 04:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Getting to spend ALL of last week with my husband.

Mika
http://community.webshots.com/user/mikasdrms

"Tina" wrote in message
ups.com...
Ok Pat - I'm stealing your material here. I really needed this the
last couple of days, so I went back to my "Simple Pleasures" file and
reread all the ones from before. They sure do help a lot Pat and I
can't tell you how grateful I was for that thread!

So how bout it anyone? Got any new Simple Pleasures to share?
Holidays are coming, people get busy, lose focus..... time to remember
the really important things in life!

Time for Life's Simple Pleasures!! What has made you happy this week?
(If nothing has, no need to report ... just read a few notes and you
too might realize you do have some little pleasures in your life too!!)
"copyright credit - Pat in Virginia"

Hugs and TIA,
Tina

Old November 17th 05, 08:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In this time of Katrina and other devastations all over the country, I
am thankful that we are still receiving enough food to supply our local
food pantries. Predictions of generosity burn out have not happened and
we are again looking at the problem of adequate storage for the
abundance.

Denise

Old November 18th 05, 12:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Hello Tina:
Thanks for the mention, but I don't own the copyright on simple
pleasures; I say "Pass it on!"

This week has been great. I started the week (Sunday) while still
at the Quilting Retreat. Wendy and I were quilting buddies; it
was fun. When I got home, DH had Flowers waiting for me.

Monday, the Pluming/eating Tech came for annual Heating systems
inspection and maintenance, covered in our warranty. When he
finished, I asked a question about the gas burning fireplace, as
it was a bear to start last year, so he checked it out, and got
it going again. I asked for the bill for the fireplace, and he
declined to bill for that service.

Tuesday, DH and I drove over to Williamsburg, walked around,
kicked some Autumn leaves, and ate lunch al fresco. It was a
sunny, warm, and lovely day. Finally, DH has off Tuesday till
next Monday, and that is a treat in itself.

Simple pleasures, can't beat 'em!
PAT

Old November 18th 05, 12:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT surprising outfits Simple Pleasures

Last night while waiting at a traffic light, we saw an astounding
sight. The driver of car ahead of us popped out of her car,
dashed to the trunk, and retrieved a package. She was an older
teen, wearing a really short skirt. Really Short, maybe just
covering her bottom. It was fitted through the hips, with a bias
ruffle about 6" long. When she bent over, the wind blew the
ruffle up, giving the community a front row view of her briefs.
Hey, she was driving a new Mercedes .... surely she could afford
more fabric for her skirt!!
PAT

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
ink.net...

I enjoyed being short today. There was a woman at the grocery store
parking lot wearing low-rise jeans. She was much too old and round for
the style. Just as I stepped out of our truck, she slid (ha !) out of
her car and her britches bared her backside.
Being short enough to duck out of sight was a good thing. At least
until I could compose myself. My, what a sight. DH missed the show. I
would not let him go over and ask her to do it again. Polly

Old November 18th 05, 01:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Correction: That was the Plumbing and Heating Technician!!
Yikes! PAT

Old November 18th 05, 08:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Seems a contradiction to say I've been busy this week, so haven't
written mine in yet! However:
One of the things I love most is to pick up one of my rabbits, have her
scramble up my jacket front right up under my chin, and settle. They
are all housed on hay, and so I breathe in the warm, hay scented smell
of her, and feel the softness of her fur - all in its winter thickness
now. The very best bit is to feel her pressing her little head towards
my face - not away, although they are such timid souls. Also in the
rabbit shed: to place my face, very gently, on the nose of another of
the girls, feel her breath, and then hear her little teeth grinding
(rabbit substitute for purring) when I tickle her back at the same time.
There are lots of other little joys with them. I love my time with the
rabbits.
..
In message . com, Tina
writes
Ok Pat - I'm stealing your material here. I really needed this the
last couple of days, so I went back to my "Simple Pleasures" file and
reread all the ones from before. They sure do help a lot Pat and I
can't tell you how grateful I was for that thread!

So how bout it anyone? Got any new Simple Pleasures to share?
Holidays are coming, people get busy, lose focus..... time to remember
the really important things in life!

Time for Life's Simple Pleasures!! What has made you happy this week?
(If nothing has, no need to report ... just read a few notes and you
too might realize you do have some little pleasures in your life too!!)
"copyright credit - Pat in Virginia"

Hugs and TIA,
Tina

--