Simple Pleasures

Old November 16th 05, 12:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Simple Pleasures

Tina wrote:
Got any new Simple Pleasures to share?

Walking by my sweetie while we are working and leaning over and giving a
kiss on his forehead. (He's been working at home a lot lately)

Using a very fat cat as a lumbar pillow with purring massage.

-georg
Old November 16th 05, 01:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I've heard the jeans are going a little more high rise....thank heavens!
I've seen quite enough thongs on sitting or bent over girls! Seems like the
last time low rise jeans were in style (my college days) we also had body
suits to wear with them. Remember those? Stretchy shirts that snapped in
the crotch? What a joy!
KJ

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
ink.net...
I enjoyed being short today. There was a woman at the grocery store
parking lot wearing low-rise jeans. She was much too old and round for
the style. Just as I stepped out of our truck, she slid (ha !) out of
her car and her britches bared her backside.
Being short enough to duck out of sight was a good thing. At least
until I could compose myself. My, what a sight. DH missed the show. I
would not let him go over and ask her to do it again. Polly

Old November 16th 05, 02:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I love this one georg!

"Using a very fat cat as a lumbar pillow with purring massage."

That just sounds darn cozy to me!

Simple Pleasure for this morning - waking up freezing my toucas off,
but realizing that, thanks to the cold that came in the night -
Tinkerbell finally quit chasing/terrorizing the poor, new, little
Velcro off the bed and let her sleep in warm peaceful comfort, right
between John and I.

Not so Simple Pleasure....... with the addition of Velcro - our King
Size bed is too darn crowded! AAAAaaaarrrrggghhhh, hubby is about
5'11" and 190#, add the full size beagle, the overindulgent bratwurst
weinie dog, Tinkerbell and now Velcro - the bratwurst is cold natured
and she and Velcro had decided my blanket would be great to "roll up"
in - hence, me, no blanket, freezing cold!

Tina

Old November 16th 05, 02:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

seeing the joy on my children's faces when they found the chocolate coins in
their shoes this morning - Sinterklaas is in the land again and every
evening they put their shoes out, put a carrot in them, sing a song and hope
for the best. in the am they rush downstairs to see what they were given by
Sinterklaas

doing a freehand embroidery by machine class this am - what FUN!!! I almost
got my chosen picture done and will have a ball doing more of this kind of
thing. it will be fun to make suitable pictures to go on labels like this!

and discovering I have a lot of friends who really, really care how I am
doing (ok today ;-) last night wasn't fun but this morning it was much
better!)

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Ok Pat - I'm stealing your material here. I really needed this the
last couple of days, so I went back to my "Simple Pleasures" file and
reread all the ones from before. They sure do help a lot Pat and I
can't tell you how grateful I was for that thread!

So how bout it anyone? Got any new Simple Pleasures to share?
Holidays are coming, people get busy, lose focus..... time to remember
the really important things in life!

Time for Life's Simple Pleasures!! What has made you happy this week?
(If nothing has, no need to report ... just read a few notes and you
too might realize you do have some little pleasures in your life too!!)
"copyright credit - Pat in Virginia"

Hugs and TIA,
Tina

Old November 16th 05, 02:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

It has reversed since I grew up ! My age group always wanted to look older
but the older
gals surely didn't want to dress in our fashions ( did we have fashions????)
I did notice the gal ( 14 yrs old ) who ...(along with her boyfriend ) ran
from PA to Indiana after her
parent were killed ....had her eyebrows plucked and eyeliner...hair
styled...and in one photo it looked
like her hair had been bleached (big dark roots ! ) also an amost
seductive look in one of her photos.....When I was fourteen...I parted my
hair and was ready for school .....and
don't remember being occupied with my looks. at least my class photo
doesn't show it !!...
I went by The Limited ( the one for really young gals )the other day and
the fashoins in that particular store
were little versions o f what yousee rock stars wearig.. It looked like
my gd who is 8 could be wearing them in a year or two...but I hope not !
Mary

"Taria" wrote in message
I have a friend that will see something like your low rise jean
character and say "no mirror' because she is sure they have no
mirror or they would never go out looking like they do!

Gal on news tonight said if it looks like the 'top of a muffin'
sticking out your low rise jeans you need bigger jeans with
a higher rise. Duh.
I was just wondering. We had a thread a bit ago about little
girls wearing clothes that were not appropriate for them. Now we
hear of old women wearing clothes inappropriate for them. Is
anyone left dressing appropriately for their age any more?
Taria

Old November 16th 05, 03:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Being inside where it is nice and warm and listening to the first cold
winds of winter blow outside.

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old November 16th 05, 04:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

We were mumphling and grumphling when our AC went out and the house was
so hot. Opening windows didn't help--it was roasting and humid outside.
The repairman came and fixed something small and simple. He also
checked the furnace while he was out--and vacuumed out a lot of carbon
that could've caused a house fire! Busted AC was a big blessing in
disguise!

We also had fun with the temperature-sensor laser gun DH borrowed to
check the AC output. We discovered that the outside of the cat is 83
degrees, except for the ears, which are 2 to 3 degrees cooler. We had
fun checking the temp of all sorts of things!

Monique in TX
Old November 16th 05, 04:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

On a gray morning, when I can't sleep and have to get up anyway, fill the
bath and throw in some meadow flowers bath salts. After a few minutes
soaking, everything looks much better. I use the time mentally to run over
the list of pleasant tasks for the day.
Roberta in D

ups.com...

Old November 16th 05, 05:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Old song lyrics...

I see the moon, the moon sees me,
Underneath the bamboo tree.
Please let the moon that shines on me,
Shine on the one I love...

Cappy

"nzlstar*" wrote in message
i saw that very same full moon last night here on a warm late spring evening
as i was shutting the drapes to go to bed. it really was very very pretty
indeed.
i'll try to remember in future that we all see that same full moon each
month.

hugz,
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

"Chipper" wrote ...
snipped
As for a simple pleasure, I think that seeing the full
moon rise over the colorful trees on this warm late autumn evening ...

Old November 16th 05, 06:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Snow dancing around town this morning!

Mary