OT Life's Simple Pleasures

Old March 14th 05, 11:52 PM
Pat in Virginia

Default OT Life's Simple Pleasures

Yesterday was DS2 Birthday. (He moved to FL last
summer, so we missed celebrating with him.) We had
some nice phone visits. He is a wonderful man; we
consider ourselves very fortunate.

AND ... some yellow daffodils are blooming in our
yard! So maybe, just maybe, Spring will come here
soon.

What is making you happy this week?

PAT in VA/USA

Old March 15th 05, 12:14 AM
aeromom

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
Yesterday was DS2 Birthday. (He moved to FL last summer, so we missed
celebrating with him.) We had some nice phone visits. He is a wonderful
man; we consider ourselves very fortunate.

AND ... some yellow daffodils are blooming in our yard! So maybe, just
maybe, Spring will come here soon.

What is making you happy this week?

PAT in VA/USA

I was happy today because I babysat my 9 month old DGS. He is so smart and
kind of leaky today. He has a little cold and his nose was running like
crazy. He just lights up my life. Yes, I have other grandkids, but he is
special.
aeromom

Old March 15th 05, 12:22 AM
georg

Pat in Virginia wrote:

What is making you happy this week?

I ain't been fired yet. My sweetie still loves me, and he still seems
fairly healthy. My cats are healthy. My dog is currently pain free. I'm
so near to finishing the 1390 quilt I can taste it, and it goes into
competition this weekend (anticipation over reactions!- I expect to be
flattered loads over it).

There's a cake in the oven, and I don't get to eat it, but gosh it
smells good.

-georg
Old March 15th 05, 12:22 AM
Louise

DH is home from the hospital (2nd knee replacement), QI is home from the
doggy motel, and I'm sitting here sipping a glass of wine feeling as though
all is right with the world!

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

Old March 15th 05, 12:43 AM
Diana Curtis

SIL is visiting for the first time and we are getting along famously, Meg
has taken quite a shine to her, and DH is feeling really good about seeing
his little sis again.
A special project Im working on is coming together nicely, and all seems
right with the world.
Diana

--
I know all the answers, it's the questions I have problems with

Old March 15th 05, 12:58 AM
maryd

I woke up this morning. I was able to take my daily walk. I mowed part of
the lawn. I have a family to love and that loves me. And I have a quilt
ready to bind.

--
Mary
:

Old March 15th 05, 12:58 AM
Bronnie

The sun is shining; I have just played my first game of social tennis
since I damaged a knee ligament 4 weeks ago. It held up so I am
happyg
I am ready to start a new quilt project (or should I continue on with
my antique quilt top quilting.....)
And get I deliver the two quilts I have just finished as gifts this
week.
And we fly to Melbourne on Thurs to visit my twin sister and our
mother.
Life's good.
Bronwyn
Qld Oz

Old March 15th 05, 01:04 AM
Carolyn McCarty

Pink jasmine and orange tree are blooming at the same time. It smells so
sweet here it is almost enough to make one swoon! Very intoxicating.
Despite cool night temps, I must have the bedroom window open at night so I
can enjoy this fleeting pleasure. The desert is a riot of color right now,
everything is blooming. And the birds are singing their spring songs, they
are much more pleasant than an alarm clock! I got an unexpected raise in
pay. My mother has been cancer-free for more than five years. Life is
sweet!!!

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you aren't trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools --Red Green

Old March 15th 05, 01:04 AM
Taria

Well Pat the happy comes from the bad today. Started the morning with
the pup in the vet's for an eye injury. With the meds she should be
fine. Mid day I got a call from DH at the ER that he's been in a wreck
and they had taken him to the hospital. SInce he works for the dept.
of Transportation and is often out and about on the fwys. there is
always a concern there. Anyway after a very thorough exam they found
he is ok. I was able to collect him and he is home safe.
I am very happy and grateful too.
Been a long day but I am happy all is well.

My daffodils are spent but there are iris and all my fruit trees in
bloom. Our brown So. Calif. hills are green and beautiful. There is
snow looking so pretty on the mountains. It is a wonderful time of
year.
Taria

Old March 15th 05, 01:14 AM

Oh, Pat, that sounds wonderful. I had a very rewarding day today, when
I taught some gals in my Guild free-motion quilting. They were attentive
and appreciative, and I passed along hints I learned from Sue Nickels'
class at MAQF. I rewarded myself with a small bowl of lemon and
strawberry jelly beans...Yum! Nancycog in MD

OT- Roll call & simple pleasures Joanne Passmore Quilting 0 January 8th 05 04:28 AM
QSD: Simple Nine Patch Pat in Virginia Quilting 59 June 8th 04 05:54 PM
Simple Knitted Edging marsie Yarn 0 February 14th 04 03:03 AM
50% off Sale at Material Pleasures Dana Marketplace 0 December 13th 03 01:55 PM
50% off Sale at Material Pleasures Dana Marketplace 0 November 30th 03 02:53 PM