Quilt Machine and Frame

Old January 16th 06, 07:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Quilt Machine and Frame

I am planning, hoping, dreaming of getting a quilting machine and frame in
the next (hopefully) few months. So I wanted to get some opinions. I know
this has been done lots of times before and I could google it all but
opinions do change over time. So it's highly possible that some opinions
have changed since the last thread about this was done.

I am considering getting the Grace Quilt Pro frame with Juki TL98Q machine.
Here is a link to the one I'm thinking about. What do you all think?

http://www.allbrands.com/products/abp09278-0073.html

It isn't set in stone that this is the one I will get. The one thing that I
particularly like about the Grace is the way the fabric and batting are
attached to the poles. I wouldn't have to be down on my knees or bending
over to pin it to the leaders. Now, I know there are a lot of different
frames available and I haven't decided definitely on this one. I am
considering a tabletop one that can be taken down if need be.

Does anyone have any experience with the B-Line Frame? If so, what is it
like? Is it easy to work with? What are the pro's and con's to it? I like
the looks of it but don't know how dependable it is.

I know I will have more questions as we go. But this is good for a start.
I'm interested to hear from everyone about your particular frame and
machine. Please be totally honest with me about what you dislike about your
setup as well as what you like about it. Your opinions and advice are very
much appreciated.

--
Mika
http://community.webshots.com/user/mikasdrms

Old January 16th 06, 09:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

No experience with it..........but I would take it in a minute!!! It even
has cruise control. Grace and Juki are both good names in the quilting
industry.

Betty in WI
news

Old January 16th 06, 10:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I have had a B-Line table top frame for about two years. I used a
Brother 1300 with cruise control with it. It is definitely easier than
pin basting and shoving through a small machine. My friends with the
Juki find it a joy to use; I am plenty happy with the Brother. An
advantage of the B-Line is that there is enough room between the rails
to accomodate a larger harp machine such as the HQ16 or Hobby Quilter
without a new carriage.

Janet from Spring

Old January 16th 06, 11:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I have a B-Line. Using it with a BabyLock Quilter Pro (virtually
identical to the Brother and JukiTL98Q) and PCQuilter. I don't have
experience with another frame, but this seems more solid than others
I've seen at shows. You might want to check some of the Yahoo groups for
their input.

--Heidi

Plattsburgh (UPstate) NY

http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b

===

Old January 17th 06, 06:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Well, the combination of products is one thing that I liked about this
particular setup. Bought separately, they would be way more expensive than
this price. I'm pretty sure I'll get a Juki machine regardless of what frame
I get. There's just so many to choose from. Decisions decisions.
--

"Betty in Wi" wrote in message
No experience with it..........but I would take it in a minute!!! It even
has cruise control. Grace and Juki are both good names in the quilting
industry.

Betty in WI
news

Old January 17th 06, 06:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Janet, how doe you lengthen the fabric bars for different size quilts? The
website says that you can do it without as much as a screwdriver. Do the
leaders come with it or did you have to make your own? What are the
negatives to the B-Line system? I know some of the positives already so I
need to know the downside of it now.
--
Mika
http://community.webshots.com/user/mikasdrms

oups.com...

Old January 17th 06, 06:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I've had it now for about a year and a half. Honestly, I don't know what
to like or dislike about it--I got it because it seemed to be the one
most used and recommended by people using PCQuilter. It's a tabletop
model rather than freestanding, and seems to be very solid. I think most
people use them with the long folding-leg banquet tables, which are also
very solid.

Old January 17th 06, 06:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

The B-Line fabric bars are just held together with hammer-like pegs and
dowels. The bars come in pieces and you just fit the sections together
to get the length you need. It does not come with leader fabric; I just
used ticking serged and taped to the bars. I have only used 6' and 8'
lengths. It is recommended that you get stouter material, like
electrical conduit, for 10' and 12'. I had a little bit of a problem
with the bars bowing at 8' but I was tightening the fabric too much. It
needs to be tighter than a hammock but not as tight as a trampoline.
The major drawback is not with the frame at all but the limited space
for quilting under the machine. The Brother 1300 has 9" like the Juki
but I found myself bumping against the needle or back. As you advance
the quilt you have even less space.
Frame quilting is a blast. I recommend that you join a Yahoo group,
either home quilting systems or the B-Line one to get even more
information.

Good luck .

Janet from Spring

Old January 19th 06, 02:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Heidi, I'm not too familiar with PC Quilter. How does it work? I've read
some about it but I must have been looking at the wrong website since it
really didn't give much information.
--

Mika wrote:
How long have you had your B-Line Heidi? What do you like about it? What
do you dislike about it? I have been reading a couple of the yahoo
groups.

quilt frame question [email protected] Quilting 6 October 30th 05 09:42 AM
has anyone added a machine to thier hand quilting frame? Becky Quilting 9 July 24th 05 10:44 PM
Quilt Frame MOMO Quilting 5 January 13th 05 02:15 PM
Anyone with any experience using John Flynns Quilt frame ? TinaHoak Quilting 7 May 22nd 04 08:04 PM
Anyone Use the Quilt Easy Quilt Frame? MelissaInNJ Quilting 5 February 28th 04 01:45 AM