OT Newsreader service

Old February 15th 05, 11:58 PM
Seaspray

Default OT Newsreader service

Did anyone receive the email saying that news.individual.net will not be
free anymore? They say they will begin charging for the service come April
1. It will be 10 Euros.

Are there any other good free news reader services out there that anyone can
recommend? (besides google) If not, I guess that I will subscribe as I
really like this reader service.
Diane

Old February 16th 05, 03:22 AM
nora balcer

Hi Diane,

Yes, I got that too and I've asked if it's a spam or not on the AOL tips
board. Makes me wonder as it didn't give a price for the US. I'll let you
know what I hear from them. I can't believe they would start charging now
that so many of us have signed up.

Hugs,

Nora

Old February 16th 05, 04:25 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

I have 3 free accounts with them AND individual.de.. and I haven't received
any such email...
Noreen

Old February 16th 05, 07:48 AM
Aud

"Seaspray" skrev i melding
Did anyone receive the email saying that news.individual.net will not
be
free anymore? They say they will begin charging for the service come
April
1. It will be 10 Euros.

Are there any other good free news reader services out there that
anyone can
recommend? (besides google) If not, I guess that I will subscribe as
really like this reader service.
Diane

I got the mail today, and will sign up! 10 euros a year is not much,
less than an American "Knitter's Mag" here!LOL!
As I have experienced that this is a very reliable provider.
I use it daily, and the news groups is an important part of my "online
life".
To me, traditional German (from Freie Universitaet Berlin)
toroughness(?is that the right word?) and accuracy, also counts.
Aud ;-))

Old February 16th 05, 05:09 PM
Dawn Alguard

I'm afraid it's true and very disappointing timing-wise. If you already
have an account with them you have to go to http://news.individual.net
and follow the registration process and pay your $13 US (approx) in
order to continue using it. I think their service is worth $13 a year
but their timing sucks.

Dawn

Old February 16th 05, 06:33 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

Oh, is $13 the usd equiv. of 10 euro's then?
Man, I agree, the timing stinks... I'm gonna have to sell some patterns to
support my rcty addiction!
Noreen
btw, do they take papal????

Old February 16th 05, 07:46 PM
Dawn Alguard

Noreen's Knit*che wrote:
Oh, is $13 the usd equiv. of 10 euro's then?
Man, I agree, the timing stinks... I'm gonna have to sell some patterns to
support my rcty addiction!
Noreen
btw, do they take papal????

No, you have to sign up with a sort of German paypal thing. That's the
only option for how to pay. It's kind of a pain in the butt. It's $13
a year though, so the cost is trivial.

Dawn
Old February 16th 05, 11:49 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

Thanks for the info Dawn, saved me a trip over there, for NOW. Yes,
thirteen bucks IS 'normally' trivial, but Don and I are ONLY getting back
on our feet, and it's an expense we don't need right now.... yeesh.
Noreen
who just spent 6 hours getting her modem to work... I need to CUSS!