OT. Now I am really down in the dumps

Old June 24th 04, 07:25 PM
mkahogan

Okay! That's it. No more bad news for Shirley, darnit!!! For heavens
sake! How much more can you be expected to take?
This just makes me angry..... at no one in particular, which is even worse.
We all love you. Why is it the nicest people here arehave the most health
"issues" to deal with? Maybe you should try being mean and nasty and see
is if it makes you healthier.
KathyH
"Shirley Shone" wrote in message
If my bad news last week was not enough I am facing another issue.
I have been diagnosed as I diabetic. Got the testing kit but not the
T-shirt.

I feel really dumped on. The weather is in key with me because it is
bucketing down.
Shirley
--
Shirley Shone

Old June 24th 04, 10:57 PM
Christina Peterson

And here I am in Alaska bitching about the 90F weather we've been having for
a week.

Tina

"Shirley Shone" wrote in message
Thanks Marisa.
One would think it November here today. The wind has been howling all
night and rattling TV aerials on the chimneys. We keep getting heavy
showers of rain. It is not fit to turn a dog out at times.

It has completely ruined my patch of poppies in the garden.

Shirley

In message , Marisa Cappetta
writes
(((Shirley))) UK weather is in the news here, it looks awful. I'm sorry

hear about your health woes. I'm thinking of you my dear.
Marisa AU/NZ

in article , Shirley Shone at

Old June 24th 04, 11:14 PM
Su/Cutworks

Tina wrote:

And here I am in Alaska bitching about the 90F weather we've been having

for
a week.

Well, can you box up just a teeny bit of it and ship it over? When it hits
90F in the UK people really get a bit overexcited. Last year it hit 100F
for a day, for the first time ever. I was hoping someone would try and fry
an egg on the sidewalk but they've never seen that sort of fun news item
apparently.

It's cold, rainy, windy and miserable here too. Almost July and we're
running the furnace. I shouldn't complain though, because in August it's
lovely, hardly up to 80F unless it's been really hot.

-Su

Old June 24th 04, 11:18 PM
starlia

And here I am in Alaska bitching about the 90F weather we've been having
for
a week.

Okay 90 in Alaska is extreme. What happened to those mild summers?

Well, can you box up just a teeny bit of it and ship it over? When it

hits
90F in the UK people really get a bit overexcited. Last year it hit 100F
for a day, for the first time ever. I was hoping someone would try and

fry
an egg on the sidewalk but they've never seen that sort of fun news item
apparently.

I never tried the fried egg thing unless it was in the 110's or higher.
Sure is funny to see other peoples faces. It works better on asphalt
though.

Old June 25th 04, 06:08 AM
Kalera Stratton

snert I remember walking down the street one summer here and finding
an egg on the sidewalk. Not cooked... it was about 95 degrees. Just...
sitting there. Sunny side up, warm, and totally raw.

I guess someone just HAD to try it.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Old June 25th 04, 07:48 AM
Christina Peterson

The trouble with such heat in June is that the sun is relentless. It
doesn't go down! I don't tolerate it well at all, and it's just 6 weeks
from last frost.

Tina

Old June 25th 04, 11:35 AM
Shirley Shone

Thanks Mary.

I would like to thank everybody for their concern.
It is a lovely feeling to know that I have so many lovely people who are
bolstering me up.
Love
To you all.
Shirley