Panic Attack Time

Old March 5th 04, 08:04 PM
starlia

Default Panic Attack Time

Okay, I'm typing when I should be cleaning. I'm panicking! She was 300
miles away about two and a half hours ago. She is making huge time this
trip.

Update...she is less than 180 miles away. God help me!

I just finished cleaning and putting things away in the guest bedroom. All
the furniture in there is oiled. Now if I don't get the buffet oiled I'm in
huge trouble.

Why oil all the furniture? Because they are all antiques. Most of them she
gave to us because she moved into a smaller home. I love them a lot and I
coveted the buffet, dressing table, and dresser for a long time. (Now if I
could only get the oak bed.) But they are dusty. I don't dust often
because it upsets my asthma terribly. Anyhow, if she sees them in the state
they are in she'll never give us another thing. (Those are Dan's words and
he knows his mother.) As it is, she is bringing us the chopping block. I
think it's about 300+ years old and I LOVE it. I don't want her to take it
back.

So, now my helper isn't going to be here in time to help a lot. I'm still
picking him up from school before I take him home. He cleans our backyard
of dog poo every week and cleans the kennel. Then he and Dan have a sit and
play chess for about an hour.

--
Saucy Glass
Saucy on eBay http://stores.ebay.com/id=24794712&ssPageName=L2

Old March 5th 04, 08:13 PM
Dr. Sooz

I know Starlia didn't ask for this response -- it's just an expression of
panic. But I'm going to say these anyway:

I don't dust often
because it upsets my asthma terribly. Anyhow, if she sees them in the state
they are in she'll never give us another thing. (Those are Dan's words and
he knows his mother.)

Okay -- I hope Dan usually does the dusting when she comes to visit.
(I know his knee prevents it this time.)

As it is, she is bringing us the chopping block. I
think it's about 300+ years old and I LOVE it. I don't want her to take it
back.

Once she gives it, she can't take it back. You know, with this kind of fear,
I'd say this: Buy your own furniture from now on. A chopping block -- or any
furniture -- is just THINGS. It is not worth this kind of slavish devotion.
This -- IMO -- is awful! I'd hate to live like this for even 5 minutes.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old March 5th 04, 08:21 PM
starlia

I know Starlia didn't ask for this response -- it's just an expression of
panic. But I'm going to say these anyway:

Love you Sooz.

Okay -- I hope Dan usually does the dusting when she comes to visit.
(I know his knee prevents it this time.)

He does and he is on his way home from work to help. His knee is killing
him, but he's going to finish dusting for me.

As it is, she is bringing us the chopping block. I
think it's about 300+ years old and I LOVE it. I don't want her to take

it
back.

Once she gives it, she can't take it back. You know, with this kind of

fear,
I'd say this: Buy your own furniture from now on. A chopping block -- or

any
furniture -- is just THINGS. It is not worth this kind of slavish

devotion.
This -- IMO -- is awful! I'd hate to live like this for even 5 minutes.

I hate it too. I don't like having a messy house but there are so many more
things in life to enjoy that it happens.

We had all our own furniture until she moved. We still have a lot that's
ours. We have all antiques, not including hers. I think the only things
that aren't are the couch, our mattress, and the computer desk. I don't
mind oiling if there wasn't so much junk on top of everything. LOL
~~
Sooz
-------
"Those in the cheaper seats clap. The rest of you rattle your jewelry."

John
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Old March 5th 04, 08:33 PM
Christina Peterson

Yes, yes, yes and yes.

The woman intimidation and manipulation will leave you physically and
mentally sick.

Any around the house chore that causes you physical illness should be done
by your partner. And visa versa.

Whoever wants a chore done should do it.

Pay for work. Most people have more money than time.

Don't let your belongings, or your desire for belongs own you.

And..... No wonder you want to go to Antarctica.

Tina

Old March 5th 04, 09:02 PM
Dr. Sooz

But I'm going to say these anyway:

Love you Sooz.

Starlia, if I didn't CARE (capital letters), I would just ignore the whole
thing....I'm a nosy busybody, and it worried me that you were working so hard
at this!!!! :-(

he is on his way home from work to help. His knee is killing
him, but he's going to finish dusting for me.

OH MY GAWD. KLUNK
(tell him he got an official KLUNK from)
(And I hope he feels better SOON)

I hate it too. I don't like having a messy house but there are so many more
things in life to enjoy that it happens.

ME TOO. No one ever lay on her deathbed wishing she'd cleaned more (uh, except
for really over-the-top obsessive/compulsives, maybe).

Okay, girl -- but remember to drink to excess while your MIL's there!
haw haw haw HAW
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old March 5th 04, 09:11 PM
Dr. Sooz

I wanted to explain my post that was in answer to Starlia's Panic Attack
post....my reaction was vehement because I didn't want her to have the
experience I did recently. It was hard on me -- I didn't want her to feel the
same way. (And I want to clobber her MIL! Or sedate her)

I was crying over the holidays because I had cracked from the stress of gift
shopping, giftwrapping, getting the house ready for guests, etc.(it's
abnormally difficult for me because of illness). Kevin had been helping
(remember that he's a quadriplegic, okay? and cannot do a lot of "normal"
things), but......I was freaking out. I was really ready to just hide in a
closet and come out in May 2004.

He sat me down and told me what for. What for? He firmly but sweetly told me
he was hiring a housekeeper to prep the house for xmas. That he was now going
to do all the shopping online, and our attendants would wrap the gifts.

I spent the 40 years before I met Kevin doing EVERY-freaking-THING for
everyone. The people around me weren't interested in doing stuff, or helping
me. They were out for themselves. I still have trouble seeing that I am not
alone. I also have trouble seeing that there are alternatives to my doing all
the work.

We still have the housekeepers, who come every 2 weeks, and are surprisingly
affordable. I am less frightened of getting up every morning because of them
(I get scared of pain), and am trying to remember to go to Kevin before I get
panicky and depressed over stressful things.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old March 5th 04, 09:24 PM
Tinkster

On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 20:33:21 GMT, "Christina Peterson"
wrote:

Yes, yes, yes and yes.

The woman intimidation and manipulation will leave you physically and
mentally sick.

Any around the house chore that causes you physical illness should be done
by your partner. And visa versa.

Whoever wants a chore done should do it.

Pay for work. Most people have more money than time.

Don't let your belongings, or your desire for belongs own you.

And..... No wonder you want to go to Antarctica.

Ditto to everything Sooz and Tina said. I had a grandmother who
inspired this kind of freakiness in my mom. It was weird. Then of
course I grew up being the same way. LOL! I AM OVER IT.

Stalia, people either love you for who you are, or it isn't really
love. It's called control. I make sure the people I love know it. And
as for how people feel about me? Well, we ALL would like to be loved
by EVERYONE on some level, but I figure the ones who truly love me for
who and what and how I am RULE. All others can BITE ME.

Tink
Old March 5th 04, 09:46 PM
Tinkster

On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 13:32:25 -0800, vj wrote:

vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from Tinkster
:

] the ones who truly love me for
]who and what and how I am RULE.

ME!

*grin* You're a sweetiepie, v... You are my egoboo princess. LOL!

Tink