OT A favor (Should be: Not so Newbie Introduction LOOOOONG)

Old August 21st 03, 05:30 PM
Carol in SLC

Default OT A favor (Should be: Not so Newbie Introduction LOOOOONG)

i ACTUALLY made it into a pair of pants today that haven't fit me in FIVE
YEARS!

WOW, Vicki - congratulations!!!

Carol in SLC
My jewelry: http://members.aol.com/carolinslc/
Old August 21st 03, 07:04 PM
Dr. Sooz

At this point, I have to disagree. The term "real", in this context, carries
with it a *heavy* value judgement. It's similar to the way some people talk
about adoptees' "REAL parents" -- as though all the work the adoptive parents
have done in raising the child doesn't matter, only genetics. I can't blame
the
adoptive parents for being resentful about that, and I can't blame *any*
woman
for being upset when someone else says she isn't a "REAL woman", whether it's
because of her size, because of what she does for a living, because she
doesn't
have children, or for any other reason.

True -- I agree that the term "real" carries a heavy value judgment. But (to
use a broad comparison, and an obviously silly one) it's also a lot like being
told you're not "real" because you're so beautiful (something I have, indeed,
been told, BTW). You have to take the term with a grain of sour grapes salt.

When you have something that everyone wants, and you take exception to people's
descriptions of it, you're reaching. Any woman who's thin -- the societal
ideal -- and can't see that others are going to be possibly envious of one's
svelte, desirable shape -- and complains about the way others complain about
them....well, this woman really needs to get a grip and move on to something
that's worth being upset about. IMO. (Respectfully in disagreement with the
fabulous Celine)
~~
Sooz
-------
Let the beauty we love be what we do. --Rumi
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
~ Bead Notes: Beading information A through Z
http://www.lampwork.net/beadnotes.html
Old August 22nd 03, 05:02 PM
Sjpolyclay

Thanks for adding a new name for size range.. or is that better as a genre
of clothing?

Raucous Ruebenesque is also a great name for a character. She'd be a hoot, and
her friends would call her "Raucci" for short.
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

view my auctions at:
http://www.polyclay.com/Collage/auction.htm

Old August 22nd 03, 06:09 PM
Carol in SLC

Voluptuous Vixen.

That's me, LOL!

Carol in SLC
New jewelry: http://members.aol.com/carolinslc/hillrose.jpg
Old August 22nd 03, 06:46 PM
Sjpolyclay

You have just summed up Buddhism...

well, in that the Buddha you can call by name is NOT the budhha, then yes and
no!!

Old August 22nd 03, 07:43 PM
Sjpolyclay

If you meet the buddha on the internet, what should you do?

Killfile it?

Old August 22nd 03, 08:01 PM
laura

"Sjpolyclay" wrote in message
If you meet the buddha on the internet, what should you do?

Killfile it?

LOL!

Laura

Old August 22nd 03, 08:31 PM
Dr. Sooz

CAROL. You and will have to MEET! It's getting too weird for belief! We can
wear our jewelry and some cleavage-baring dresses, old-hippie-bohemian-style.

Voluptuous Vixen.

That's me, LOL!

Carol in SLC

~~
Sooz
-------
Let the beauty we love be what we do. --Rumi
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
~ Bead Notes: Beading information A through Z
http://www.lampwork.net/beadnotes.html

RCB FAQ and Newbie Welcome - Weekly Post 8/15/03 Kandice Seeber Beads 1 August 15th 03 07:57 PM
Newbie... Bead Sprite Beads 19 August 3rd 03 09:28 PM
Newbie Intro angela Beads 28 July 31st 03 05:59 PM
RCB FAQ and Newbie Welcome - Weekly Post 7/22/03 Kandice Seeber Beads 2 July 24th 03 11:43 AM
Newbie!!! (i admit it, and need all the advice i can get) C. Gregory Beads 7 July 9th 03 04:31 AM