Serging backing

Old November 11th 03, 08:03 PM
The Laws

Default Serging backing

I am finishing up my pieced bedspred and would like to sew the three pieces
for the backing and then serge the seams.
--I am going to have it quilted by long arm quilting. Is serging a no-no?
Kay

All outgoing mail is scanned by Norton Anti Virus software.

Old November 11th 03, 09:32 PM
Butterfly

Haven't had any complaints form either MQ'er that I have used about the
quilt being serged--and that was the actual piecing (top) that was
serged : )
Butterfly

Old November 11th 03, 10:08 PM
Kathy Applebaum

Which means you didn't give them to me -- I won't accept serged tops (or
backs.)

Every longarmer is different in what they like and don't like. Always best
to check with the longarmer, when in doubt.
--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
longarm machine quilting, Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old November 12th 03, 01:31 AM
Polly Esther

Yea Kathy, so glad you saw the question. I have a wonderful quilt top coming
together that I might be able to bring myself to turn over to someone else
to quilt. My top is just too beautiful to quilt myself. Really. This never
happened before. I have seen such wonderful work by you long-armers and
didn't want to disqualify the top. Polly

y.com...

Old November 13th 03, 01:46 PM
Pat in Virginia

"Disqualify the top." Wha?? How could your quilting disqualify
the top Miss Polly?? You should know by now that your quilting
would only make the quilt even more precious to me. When will it
be finished? Will I receive it before the New Year? This IS for
me, yes?
PAT in VA/USA

Polly Esther wrote:

Yea Kathy, so glad you saw the question. I have a wonderful quilt top coming
together that I might be able to bring myself to turn over to someone else
to quilt. My top is just too beautiful to quilt myself. Really. This never
happened before. I have seen such wonderful work by you long-armers and
didn't want to disqualify the top. Polly

Need material like linoleum without twine backing Doc Polymer Clay 5 August 23rd 04 02:22 PM
Need material that's like linoleum without twine backing Doc General Crafting 2 August 9th 04 05:22 PM
Feece as Backing Question (longish) Quilting 30 September 5th 03 03:50 AM
rug backing BDS2pds Needlework 1 August 19th 03 02:07 AM
"Quilt" no backing? Joy Quilts Quilting 0 July 10th 03 09:18 PM