Does anyone know these guys?

Old January 16th 07, 09:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
nntp.earthlink.net

Default Does anyone know these guys?

I have had a couple of clients ask me about these guys and don't know what
to say. They let you design a piece of stained glass on their site and
order it - they make it and ship it. They can do art from a photo too.
Anyone have anything good or bad to say about them? URL is
http://www.archiris.com

-A

Old January 16th 07, 09:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Cheryl

Wel- for one - it must be a chinese site --- (the chinese script kept
trying to load to my computer)

how about getting your glass from an American craftsman
instead of the Chinese?

Cheryl

Old January 16th 07, 10:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

nntp.earthlink.net wrote:
I have had a couple of clients ask me about these guys and don't know what
to say. They let you design a piece of stained glass on their site and
order it - they make it and ship it. They can do art from a photo too.
Anyone have anything good or bad to say about them? URL is
http://www.archiris.com

-A

Actually, if you looked around on the site you'd see that they are in
North Garden, Virginia USA

Old January 16th 07, 11:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Javahut

wrote in message
ups.com...

nntp.earthlink.net wrote:
I have had a couple of clients ask me about these guys and don't know

what
to say. They let you design a piece of stained glass on their site

and
order it - they make it and ship it. They can do art from a photo

too.
Anyone have anything good or bad to say about them? URL is
http://www.archiris.com

-A

Actually, if you looked around on the site you'd see that they are in
North Garden, Virginia USA

That may be where their physical location is at the moment, but type the
name of the trademark holder, Authense Corporation, in Google and you get
sent here, http://authense.trustpass.alibaba.com/ and that is Chinese
importers...

Old January 16th 07, 11:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker

wrote in message
ups.com...

nntp.earthlink.net wrote:
I have had a couple of clients ask me about these guys and don't know

what
to say. They let you design a piece of stained glass on their site

and
order it - they make it and ship it. They can do art from a photo

too.
Anyone have anything good or bad to say about them? URL is
http://www.archiris.com

-A

Actually, if you looked around on the site you'd see that they are in
North Garden, Virginia USA

When I looked at the very ordinary junk displayed as "artwork" I figured it
was some of Shady's basement bandits.

Old January 17th 07, 06:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Adam

I don't know if they are in China or not but I just got to see a sample and
it is good workmanship. They made me a design for my parents from my photo
and it looks decent too. It is 1.5' x 2' and $225 including shipping. I am
kind of price sensitive and the other studios have quoted me above 350...not
sure where it is made by I think I'm going to try them. I'll post when it
arrives.

-A

hlink.net...

Old January 17th 07, 04:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker

well...that just about makes a basement bandit obsolete, eh?

"Cactus Bob" wrote in message

Read about them he

Authense Corporation

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...ww/story/04-27
-2006/0004349003&EDATE=

Old January 17th 07, 04:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Cactus Bob

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...4349003&EDATE=
Old January 17th 07, 06:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Glassman@work

If you do custom flat work, then this is just another nail in the coffin
for the small studio. Don't kid yourself about how busy you are now. In a
couple of years, even if they capture a small percent of our business, it
will add to all the other stuff we've lost. How far away is this from
designing and ordering your own SG windows at Walmart or Home Depot?

--
JK Sinrod
www.SinrodStudios.com

Old January 17th 07, 07:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker

"Glassman@work" wrote in message

If you do custom flat work, then this is just another nail in the

coffin
for the small studio. Don't kid yourself about how busy you are now. In a
couple of years, even if they capture a small percent of our business, it
will add to all the other stuff we've lost. How far away is this from
designing and ordering your own SG windows at Walmart or Home Depot?

I had the same thought about Home Depot. Until the design-it-yerself
Chinese kiosk actually appears in Lowes or HD, I'm thinking the market
penetration of this might not be much.

This will likely appeal to the same people who buy "Tiffany" lamps on cable
shopping channels, who are basically too lazy to actually seek out a SG
studio for something unique. Those quality custom studios like yourself,
Java, and Andy probably won't feel too much of a bite. Your customers are
discriminating, quality conscious folk who want to see the (sometimes
bloodshot) whites of your eyes.