My Hug Quilt Photos

Old April 28th 04, 03:52 AM
jennell H

Default My Hug Quilt Photos

Today, I received some more photos from Georg to complete the web page
that I made for my hug quilt. You can find the link posted on my
webshots home page: http://community.webshots.com/user/jennellh where
there are some new/older uploads of other project photos. I hope that
you will take the opportunity to view Georg's work - she's bragging to
all her friends about it!

Jennifer in Ottawa
mailto: change Nytowl to jennell

Old April 28th 04, 05:28 AM
Terbear

Thanks so much for sharing it with us! It is beautiful!

--
Teri
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/Tquilts?&page=1

Old April 28th 04, 02:14 PM
georg

jennell H wrote:

Today, I received some more photos from Georg to complete the web page
that I made for my hug quilt. You can find the link posted on my
webshots home page: http://community.webshots.com/user/jennellh where
there are some new/older uploads of other project photos. I hope that
you will take the opportunity to view Georg's work - she's bragging to
all her friends about it!

Jennifer in Ottawa
mailto: change Nytowl to jennell

A few more comments about these pics:

Paulette, I apologize for having your blocks on the back. I had
receieved your blocks early on and tucked them in a safe spot- which
means when I went to look for all of the blocks for assembly, I couldn't
find them. It wasn't until I finished the quilting and was assembling
the package of envelopes (so Jen could see all of the letters and have
all of the return addresses of those who contributed) that I found your
blocks. I promptly kicked myself in the behind, and put them on the back
with the label. I am sorry I misplaced them. But they look really good
there.

Lizzy - I know you emailed me to say your blocks were coming- but I
forgot to wait for them before I assembled the top. I'm sorry about
that. I did plan to use them to make a matching pillow, but that's when
my husband said that he wanted to try to help and make a quilt of his
own. So I gave him those blocks, and let him work out where everything
should go and what blocks should go with it. I think he did a great job,
and he was very pleased with it. I'm sorry your blocks weren't in the
big HUG though. It was his first quilt ever. And now he's hoping to send
off his own HUG blocks.

This project was a joy to work on- and I'm glad my cats got to send
messages to Jen's cats- even though I did wash it well before mailing.

I think my favorite part of the whole thing is Jen's happy smile through
her tears as she looks at it in her pictures.

-georg

Old April 28th 04, 05:05 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
(jennell H) wrote:

Today, I received some more photos from Georg to complete the web page
that I made for my hug quilt. You can find the link posted on my
webshots home page:
http://community.webshots.com/user/jennellh where
there are some new/older uploads of other project photos. I hope that
you will take the opportunity to view Georg's work - she's bragging to
all her friends about it!

Jennifer in Ottawa
mailto: change Nytowl to jennell

What a wonderful page, Jennifer! And how lucky you are to have both of
these quilts.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1
Old April 28th 04, 06:59 PM
jennell H

My Hug Quilt Photos

Group: rec.crafts.textiles.quilting Date: Wed, Apr 28, 2004, 4:05pm
(EDT+4) From: (Sandy=A0Foster)
In article ,
(jennell H) wrote:
Today, I received some more photos from Georg to complete the web page
that I made for my hug quilt. You can find the link posted on my
webshots home page:
http://community.webshots.com/user/jennellh where
there are some new/older uploads of other project photos. I hope that
you will take the opportunity to view Georg's work - she's bragging to
all her friends about it!
Jennifer in Ottawa
mailto: change Nytowl to jennell
What a wonderful page, Jennifer! And how lucky you are to have both of
these quilts.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1 -----------

Thank you Sandy, I agree that I am the lucky owner of two wonderful
quilts made by two very special people.

The page will only be available untl May 14th however - I have been
notified by that my interactive tv service will be discontinued on that
date - this is very sad news for me since a daily lifeline to the
outside world and some pretty nice people will be lost.

Old April 28th 04, 07:10 PM
jennell H

Georg, your hug quilt project has brought forth a new quilter and future
hug block maker and that can't be bad, can it?
Nothing in the mail box today but then our postal service is not known
for being speedy...the mini quilt will be here soon.
I did run into our superintendant in the elevator who warned me that the
carpets in the hallways are to be steam cleaned next Tues/Wed so some
good did come from my going down to the mail room today. I know not to
leave my apartment those two days next week.

Old April 28th 04, 07:13 PM
jennell H

=B8
My Hug Quilt Photos

Group: rec.crafts.textiles.quilting Date: Tue, Apr 27, 2004, 9:28pm
(EDT-3) From: (Terbear)
Thanks so much for sharing it with us! It is beautiful!
--
Teri
---------

Thank you for taking a peek at my quilt, Teri - I'm glad that you liked
what you saw.

Old April 28th 04, 10:15 PM
Paulette

Georg, NO apology is necessary!!! I am just delighted they were used. I
think they look great just where they are.
Paulette

Old April 29th 04, 12:54 AM
Queen of Squishies

Help! When I follow the link, and look all through the webshots photos, I
can't find the Hug pics. : (

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
* We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar

Old April 29th 04, 01:47 AM
jennell H

My Hug Quilt Photos

Group: rec.crafts.textiles.quilting Date: Wed, Apr 28, 2004, 11:54pm
(EDT+4) From: hicall80 @ earthlink.net (Queen=A0of=A0Squishies)
Help! When I follow the link, and look all through the webshots photos,
I can't find the Hug pics. =A0 : (
Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
Karen, the link is posted on the left hand side of the webshots home
page - its http://interactive.rogers.com/jennellh/MyHugQuilt

It was easier to post it this way for my family in the UK to find.
After May 17th, the photos will be transferred to the webshots albums
when I lose my rogers connection.