Camp Sunshine Donations

Old September 18th 04, 03:32 AM
Dannielle

Default Camp Sunshine Donations

Hi guys,

I received this from a friend of mine who happens to be a social worker in a
pediatric oncology hospital. Camp Sunshine is, according to my friend, one
of the nicest retreats there is from doctors, nurses, radiation and
chemotherapy.

If anyone is interested in donating anything to this program, I would be
happy to have you send it to me to send with my friend, Barbara, when she
goes up next month. Or I would be happy to get an address to the camp for
you all to mail directly....whatever works for you!

Thank you!
Dannielle

Dani,
Thought you would be interested in hearing about this. Camp Sunshine is a
great program I use alot for our families. It's up in Casco Maine and
offers respite for the entire family.
If you have stuff to donate or can get other stuff let me know. I am going
up there for an End Of Life Summit Oct. 15th and could take the stuff up.
Barbara

Subject: [APOSW] Bereavement Program November 11-15- Camp Sunshine

Hi everyone,

We had a very high enrollment in our bereavement program at Camp
Sunshine in the Spring so we made a decision that we would offer a
second program over Veterans day weekend. The program will begin on
Thursday afternoon and end on Sunday morning.

In many of my bereavement groups ( in NY and NJ) we talk about what
parents do with all of their child's belongings, including clothing.
Since I personally have a quilt made with my old T-shirts I have shown
it to families, and subsequently two families have made their own
quilts.

SOOOOOOOO.....at Camp Sunshine during that November weekend we are
recruiting quilters and materials. Any bereaved family who would like to
make a quilt from their child's clothing, or in honor of their child or
familiy in some way, will be able to do so.

It will not be a reguirement of the program that a family make a quilt (
and actaully even for familes who want to make a quilt we hope to have
as much support on hand as possible so they can do as little or as much
of the work on it as they want to). Each family that want to embark on
this project will be assigned their own "primary quilter" (we have all
heard of "primary therapists, now we are expanding on that concept).

Please fell free to refer families, quilters, suppliers, and donors. I
think this will be a really nice program.

Please feel free to call me with any questions,

Nancy Cincotta

207-655-3800, Camp Sunshine
207-310-0545, Cell
212-241-7168

--
Dannielle

Old September 20th 04, 06:04 PM
Dannielle

Thanks for the overwhelming response.

See ya around,
Dannielle

Old September 20th 04, 11:47 PM
Diana Curtis

According to your request you need...stuff... or anything... perhaps if you
were more specific in your requests there would be more response? What sort
of *stuff*... what kind of *anything* does this program need? Why is this
program worth someone's time (stuff) to donate to when they can donate
locally to the same sort of program?
Diana

--
Heart and soul can make up for technical lacking in any form of art, but let
the heart be lacking and all the perfection means nothing.

"Dannielle" wrote in message
Thanks for the overwhelming response.

See ya around,
Dannielle

*snipped request details*

Off to camp! Sandy Foster Quilting 7 July 20th 04 06:57 PM
Camp Ideas with RS Debbie Hamann Rubberstamps 3 May 21st 04 12:18 AM
Quilt Camp in the Pines Sk8eraunt Quilting 3 January 3rd 04 06:36 AM
Back from camp :) (long) Sandy Foster Quilting 11 July 20th 03 10:37 PM