Running pliers

Old April 29th 07, 05:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker

Default Running pliers

I've been doing some small, pretty delicate stuff recently.

My running pliers have a jaw width of about 1" or more. I'd like to find
some runners with a much narrower nose, maybe 1/2" to 5/8". I've been
using some ring jaw pliers with some success, but got to wondering if there
were some narrower jawed runners out there somewhere?

Has anybody ever seen any groziers with rubber tips a la running pliers?
Regular groziers mess up my iridized glass.....

Old April 29th 07, 06:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
howard

Moonraker wrote:
I've been doing some small, pretty delicate stuff recently.

My running pliers have a jaw width of about 1" or more. I'd like to find
some runners with a much narrower nose, maybe 1/2" to 5/8". I've been
using some ring jaw pliers with some success, but got to wondering if there
were some narrower jawed runners out there somewhere?

Has anybody ever seen any groziers with rubber tips a la running pliers?
Regular groziers mess up my iridized glass.....

====================================
FISH LIP PLIERS if you can find them
in 25+ years, these are best I have ever used

Old April 30th 07, 12:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker

"howard" inhockdeep@peakdotorg wrote in message
news:AqudnRMbVd9LUqnbnZ2dnUVZ_uzinZ2d@scnresearch. com...
Moonraker wrote:
I've been doing some small, pretty delicate stuff recently.

My running pliers have a jaw width of about 1" or more. I'd like to

find
some runners with a much narrower nose, maybe 1/2" to 5/8". I've been
using some ring jaw pliers with some success, but got to wondering if

there
were some narrower jawed runners out there somewhere?

Has anybody ever seen any groziers with rubber tips a la running pliers?
Regular groziers mess up my iridized glass.....

====================================
FISH LIP PLIERS if you can find them
in 25+ years, these are best I have ever used

Are these anything like those mythical 900F Weller Tips? ;)

You know, once upon a time.....

Old April 30th 07, 01:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
michele

try dipping your groziers in that plastic dip stuff. it can be pretty
thin.. or thicker with repeated dips. m

.. .

Old April 30th 07, 01:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
nJb

Moonraker wrote:

I've been doing some small, pretty delicate stuff recently.

My running pliers have a jaw width of about 1" or more. I'd like to find
some runners with a much narrower nose, maybe 1/2" to 5/8". I've been
using some ring jaw pliers with some success, but got to wondering if there
were some narrower jawed runners out there somewhere?

Has anybody ever seen any groziers with rubber tips a la running pliers?
Regular groziers mess up my iridized glass.....

My runners are nothing but dust collectors now. They do nothing that I
can't do better with grozers or my bare hands. When it gets small I use
two pair.

I haven't seen rubber tips but you can buy that dunk coat your tool
stuff. Maybe some duct tape.

Jack
Old April 30th 07, 02:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

On Apr 29, 11:07 am, "Moonraker"
wrote:
I've been doing some small, pretty delicate stuff recently.

My running pliers have a jaw width of about 1" or more. I'd like to find
some runners with a much narrower nose, maybe 1/2" to 5/8". I've been
using some ring jaw pliers with some success, but got to wondering if there
were some narrower jawed runners out there somewhere?

Has anybody ever seen any groziers with rubber tips a la running pliers?
Regular groziers mess up my iridized glass.....

Take a look at the glastar snapper running pliers these are not as
wide and can be used on narrow pieces. I like them for narrow strips.

http://www.delphiglass.com/index.cfm...emsysid=188617

Old April 30th 07, 05:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Chemo the Clown

Believe it or not but...the Morton Safety-Break system works great!
Product #SB01 and a mini cutting surface and you're in business.

Old April 30th 07, 06:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker

"Chemo the Clown" wrote in message
oups.com...
Believe it or not but...the Morton Safety-Break system works great!
Product #SB01 and a mini cutting surface and you're in business.

You talking about that funky little gizmo that has a lanyard to hang it
around your neck?

Old May 1st 07, 03:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Chemo the Clown

Yes siree Bob! That little funky gizmo with the lanyard, the little
red button and a mini surface. Plug the button into the mini surface
and use the funky little gizmo. Morton designed this to work with the
way glass breaks. Glass begins it's break at less than one degree and
is completed at less than two degree and the radius of the button is
designed for just that! ARDY ARG there mate!

Running pliers? Moonraker Glass 9 June 16th 05 01:31 AM
Least expensive place for Toyo Power Breaker Running pliers??? WillMore Glass 1 April 19th 05 06:49 PM
OT - small pliers Johanna Gibson Quilting 5 November 22nd 04 01:35 PM
Wire-wrap pliers? meijhana Beads 1 February 13th 04 01:41 PM
Got the crimp pliers but...? Helen C Beads 4 January 14th 04 04:22 PM