Ping Polly

Old July 27th 09, 04:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

Default Ping Polly

got your email.
for whatever reason isp wont let my reply go thru.
no idea what thats about, not to worry.
this might not send either but will try anyhow.

i'm sure there are adapters to work for ya.
who'd you buy it from?
what to the ends look like?
are there any puter parts shops nearby?
you could send the gators to the shop with a note and money tied around
their necks i suppose if all else fails.
i'm searching but easier if i know whats what at your end.
j.

Old July 27th 09, 04:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Thank you, Jeanne. I just wondered if it was *possible*. There's an Office
Depot about an hour away and DH has to go that way soon.
What Jeanne and I are talking about is: my brand new and improved
computer has a place to plug in speakers - but my speakers pluggy thing does
not fit. Does not.
I was wondering if there could be an adaptor that might fix the problem
or if I would have to buy new speakers.
Isn't progress fun? Polly

Old July 27th 09, 05:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dr. Zachary Smith

"J*" wrote in message

got your email.
for whatever reason isp wont let my reply go thru.
no idea what thats about, not to worry.
this might not send either but will try anyhow.

i'm sure there are adapters to work for ya.
who'd you buy it from?
what to the ends look like?
are there any puter parts shops nearby?
you could send the gators to the shop with a note and money tied around
their necks i suppose if all else fails.
i'm searching but easier if i know whats what at your end.
j.- Hide quoted text -

Hi Polly,

Try Radio Shack ;-)

Doc
Old July 27th 09, 08:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
"Polly Esther" wrote:

Thank you, Jeanne. I just wondered if it was *possible*. There's an Office
Depot about an hour away and DH has to go that way soon.
What Jeanne and I are talking about is: my brand new and improved
computer has a place to plug in speakers - but my speakers pluggy thing does
not fit. Does not.
I was wondering if there could be an adaptor that might fix the problem
or if I would have to buy new speakers.
Isn't progress fun? Polly

Lots of fun, Polly. But I'm assuming that the plug from your speakers
is probably too large for the "outlet"/port in your computer, right? If
so, there definitely are adapters available. Try Wal-Mart, Radio Shack,
Target, or -- online -- Fry's Electronics.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old July 27th 09, 08:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default no Pings or dings Polly

Situation normal. Office Depot was out of adaptors. The adaptor the Radio
Shack guy was certain would fit does not. If any of you were planning to
sing to me you will have to wait a few more days. Polly

"Sandy" Lots of fun, Polly. But I'm assuming that the plug from your

Old July 27th 09, 11:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

so i'll assume you found something that works tho.
my singing of late hasnt been so hot.
the vocal cords even refuse to let me scream.
totally weird cuz believe me i've tried over and over and over,
there is no sound tho, singing is off the menu around here.
j.

"Polly Esther" wrote...

Old July 28th 09, 04:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Nope. Nothing yet. We just MUST take Yogi to his groomer in the big city
soon. He's a 'woolie' - which is a Yorkie with a coat much like a buffalo.
He must wear a puppy cut year-round just so he can breathe. (He really
needs to spend our summers with his Aunt Pat Over Her Hill). Anyhow.
THere's bound to be somebody in Mobile AL that speaks 'speaker pluggy' and
can find us a solution.
I wish you were here in the Swamp with us. Screaming across the water
has a very satisfying feeling and I could teach you how. Holding you close,
Polly

Old July 29th 09, 01:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default dingy Polly

I am just so proud to announce that I am now as dingy as the rest of you. I
can now hear music. I already heard 'voices'. Polly

Old July 29th 09, 01:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Yea! I'm impressed the problem is solved!!

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old July 29th 09, 02:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

And I didn't apologize to Radio Shack. The nice guy there was right in the
first place. The problem had to do with plugging in to analog or digital.
'Digital' is only a clock with numbers to me. Office Depot and the techy
computer store only said they weren't sure our speakers would work.
Tenacity wins once more. Polly

"KJ" wrote Yea! I'm impressed the problem is solved!!

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
"Polly Esther" wrote in message
I am just so proud to announce that I am now as dingy as the rest of you.
I can now hear music. I already heard 'voices'. Polly

OT- Ping Polly - this one of yours? Mickie Swall[_2_] Quilting 1 September 14th 08 07:52 PM
OT Ping Polly Kate T. Quilting 19 May 24th 08 03:36 AM
Ping: Polly Bobbie Sews Moore Quilting 8 February 4th 08 03:40 AM
Ping: Polly Butterflywings Quilting 2 December 11th 07 04:32 PM
OTL Ping Polly Bobbie Sews Moore Quilting 1 April 17th 06 08:29 PM