TODAY is JULY 25th

Old July 28th 09, 09:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati, in Phx

Default TODAY is JULY 25th

Judy, Don't worry... we are getting enough summer for everyone. G
Not even getting monsoon storms, much. high pressure systems are
settling in too far south to get us moisture......but boy do we have
lots of heat. G
Extreme heat advisories are bad for quilting classes too........ news
reports are saying "stay indoors", so people aren't even driving to
the shops. sigh.

Pati, in Phx

On Jul 27, 10:27*am, "ME-Judy" wrote:
Oh, c'mon Polly! *We haven't even had a bitty stretch of summer up here in
New England!
Why, oh why, does it seem so quick to have Christmas come up on us - when on
Dec. 25th, it seems like such a loooonnnnnnggggg time till summer - or even
spring for that matter!
ME-Judy

Old July 28th 09, 11:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

What have the temps been Pati? No monsoons? That saves cleaning the mud
out of the pool every other day!

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old July 29th 09, 05:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
ME-Judy[_6_]

HEY! We finally hit 80* (that's enough!) Won't trade places with you for
anything G ... I just want our usual 75* AND sunshine! [hey - we spend
all winter shovelling snow to earn that!]

Shopping on a hot day? Most of the stores up here do have air-conditioning
(even if the houses don't) and that's always a good way to spend time during
a heat spell -- of course, I'd be broke by the time it cools down. Seems
like it's been a weird year weather-wise all around the country. Heat over
100* expected in Portland, Oregon!! Gotta call my relatives and see if
they're surviving.

ME-Judy

Old July 30th 09, 05:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati, in Phx

Well, extreme heat advisories go out when temperatures are expected to
be 110° and above. Turns out that this is going to be the hottest, and
probably driest, July on record. Many nights we "cool" down to the
mid 90°s, and the average temp (highs plus lows divided by 2) is a bit
over 98°.
The heat island effect is really showing this year. and we really,
really need the rain. We are still getting the wind and dust
("haboobs"), just no rain. sigh.

I don't go out unless I have to. G

Pati, in Phx

Old July 30th 09, 06:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Oh dear. I remember what that's like. It's hard to find the energy and
inspiration to do much of anything...breathe, eat, talk......I sure hope it
passes soon. the fire danger is always a concern. Hang in there!!!!

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

On Jul 28, 3:45 pm, "KJ" wrote:
What have the temps been Pati? No monsoons? That saves cleaning the mud
out of the pool every other day!

--
Kathyl (KJ)

OT--Sunday, 25th November is the day nzlstar*[_2_] Quilting 0 November 24th 07 05:17 AM
It's Friday June 25th nJb Glass 5 June 28th 04 02:06 PM
The 25th of the month ;-D Ellison Quilting 8 November 26th 03 02:31 AM
25th Anniversary kits or charts aeromom Needlework 9 July 24th 03 12:47 AM