Let's talk about red

Old November 8th 12, 09:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Default Let's talk about red

IMO you need to buy several different ones so you can see what works
best with your GREEN. Anyhow, you might find a dozen different
manufacturers who call something "Christmas red", and all those reds
are different.
Roberta in D

On Wed, 7 Nov 2012 08:21:41 -0600, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

Thinking buying some fabric will cheer me up, I realized the red bin is
mostly not true red or just leftovers. There's deep, dark red, dull gray red
(that one actually is useful in the strangest places), orange red, leaning
toward pink red and, of course, some that have a sort of blue-ish flavor.
IF you were shopping online, what would be the best word for just pure, true
red? There's crimson, and Christmas and just all manner of red names. Wonder
which one would work for my shopping? Polly

Old November 8th 12, 09:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Sorry, anything to do with leaky red dye just kills any humorous
impulse.
Roberta in D, waiting for the Christmas Joke

On Wed, 7 Nov 2012 17:57:11 -0800, "Taria"
wrote:

Polly, it has been a long day. I really expected someone to make
a joke about catching the red fabric (since it was running)
Nobody seems to have a sense of humor today for some reason.
Taria

"Polly Esther" wrote in message ...

I've only had one to run. (Say that 3 times real fast.) It was a glorious
red batik. Probably I've been very lucky. Polly

"Taria" wrote in message
Is there any way to find reds that won't run like crazy?
Taria

Old November 8th 12, 03:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Who would have imagined I would appreciate not having grand kids.
Today it doesn't seem like such a bad thing.
Life does go on. It will be different for many, good or bad depending
on whether you are a giver or a taker.
Dh is sorry he didn't dodge the draft.
Taria

"Polly Esther" wrote in message ...

No, not a good day for humor. Some of us are celebrating, some struggling to
be gracious, some devastated. Life goes on. Polly

Old November 8th 12, 05:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nana.Wilson

Taria, I made a "joke" & nobody caught it :-(

~~~Polly, I think the best red for you is the one (ones) in your cart. Me?
I'm gonna get me some more blue!~~~

Old November 9th 12, 10:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy E

Howdy!

Reds run?! ?!!!??!

I use the Color Catcher on all the new-to-me fabric; haven't had a
red running in many years.

For Christmas- is there a special red just for Christmas? Is there
just one red? They're all good. Use the one that goes with what
you're working on; that decides it for me. g
Yes, that means that we must have many reds in the stash, makes
choosing easier.

Cheers!
Ragmop/Sandy - just back from Common Threads in Waxahachie;
lots of half-price fabric in their 10-yr anniversary sale:
http://www.commonthreadsquilting.com/

Old November 9th 12, 10:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy E

Howdy!
If your red is running, I hope it has my address!
buh-dum-bump!
We've been in a good humor since about 10:00 Tuesday night,
laughing and whooping it up. Let the quilting continue!

Ragmop/Sandy- discovered years ago that all reds go together

Old November 10th 12, 12:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nana.Wilson

YYYYEEEEE HHHAAAWWW Sandy. from us too!!

Nana ~*~*~*~*~*~*~ Happy days!!!

Old November 10th 12, 01:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

It seems many of my dear friends agree with you. Just be ready to
duck and run when you get your new tax bills. You are lucky you
don't live in CA. These folks love to throw money to govt. for
taxes! They actually make the rest of the country look like slackers!
I told dh we might just be low enough income that Jerry
Brown will buy us solar for the house. Time for us to start working
the system.
Taria

Old December 12th 12, 04:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in SoCal

On Friday, November 9, 2012 2:45:41 PM UTC-8, Sandy E wrote:
Howdy!

If your red is running, I hope it has my address!

buh-dum-bump!

That cheered me up, Sandy!!

I try to buy "Turkey" reds. They just seem to warm up with any color. Kind of like the Granny apple greens do. But Roberta's right, match the red with what you're working on, especially the greens. Some greens and reds vibrate...

Let's Talk Needlework Karen C - California Needlework 61 May 3rd 05 04:06 PM
OT -Can't 'Talk' Today! Polly S. Beads 6 February 12th 05 05:03 AM
OT - just need someone to talk to Helen C Beads 24 June 22nd 04 08:19 PM
talk about old... Barbara Otterson Beads 8 February 24th 04 03:53 PM
Let's talk!! Kari Machine Knit 4 December 22nd 03 03:05 PM