New quilting toy

Old April 11th 11, 06:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_6_]

Default New quilting toy

Yesterday morning I answered a craigslist ad that seemed too good to
be true...but it was true! A Inspira frame for sale for $300
including the cruise control. Went to see it today, expecting it to
be in terrible shape for $300...or for something to be broken or
bent....but it is perfect...and of course bought it home. The owner
took great care of it, it's in wonderful condition with all the bits,
extensions, poles, manuals etc. (she upgraded to a long arm and didn't
have room for both). She gave me a bunch of pantograms for it (it has
the laser pointer), too.

DH didn't bat an eye when I told him about it this morning, and even
drove us over in the truck to pick it up. She had it set up for crib
size, so we semi-dismantled it to get it in the pick truck safely, and
now it is snug in the basement ready to be put back together.

DH, bless his heart, said he'll get it all set up for me this week.
I'm doing the happy dance. I kept asking DH to 'pinch me!' on the way
home!

The cruise control for a Pfaff machine, but I discovered you can buy
different 'brains' for it for it so it can be used with other machines
inc. my Juki. Or maybe I'll just have to buy a Pfaff quilter LOL

Last fall I purchased a gently used Handiquilter frame and just
finished setting it up this week - I was going to load a practice
quilt on it this weekend but then saw the Inspira ad. So, the
Handiquilter will soon be on ebay!

I feel like I won the lottery and am having a very hard time getting
to sleep which is why I'm typing this at 12:45 AM!

-Irene in cloudy CNY
Old April 11th 11, 08:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DiMa[_4_]

Well done.

I seem to just miss out on things like this.

--
Di
I'm creative! You can't expect me to be neat too.

Old April 11th 11, 11:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sartorresartus

I spotted a HQ in a store in Canada, and am still kicking myself that
I didn't splash out. I don't know how I'd have got it home, but there
it is!

Well done you for getting such a bargain. I hope it is all you hoped
it would be.

Nel
(Gadget Queen)
Old April 11th 11, 01:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Happy day, happy dancing. I'll be right over. I'll just sweep and answer
the phone and stuff for you if you'll let me be part of this great
adventure. What a wonderful find. Polly

Old April 11th 11, 01:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Congratulations! these things seem to go where they are most needed
:-)
Good idea to get an extra machine just for quilting.
Roberta in D

Old April 11th 11, 11:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_6_]

Default New quilting toy - picture posted!

I just got home from work and found that my darling DH got the frame
all set up to surprise me! So it's ready to go! Yah-hoo! It is in my
newly-cleaned basement, as there's no room for it in my sewing room 0-
but due to the basement hoe-out after the flooding, there's plenty of
room there now!

So, next I have to read all of the directions, set up the Juki on it
and get some 'test' fabric and batting so it may not see any action
(other than getting drooled on) until later this week, but it's ready!

Our new freezer was also delivered today (to replace the one damaged
in the flood) so the basement is starting to look more homey

Here's a picture of my new-to-me frame:

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...66907372wmVdUu

Isn't she beautiful? I'm still pinching myself....

-Irene

Old April 12th 11, 12:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells[_3_]

Went for a look and immediately above your photo was a Weight Watchers'
ad. that said 'WOW' and had fireworks all round it - so Weight Watchers
approve too!!

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://picasaweb.google.com/SallySeaside

Old April 12th 11, 12:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_6_]

It's good to know I have the Weight Watchers seal of approval!

-Irene

Old April 13th 11, 02:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DiMa[_4_]

I've just drooled all over my keyboard.

Oh, my skin is turning green.

My new quilting toy IMS[_6_] Quilting 9 May 8th 10 05:45 PM
OT - New Toy ellice Needlework 14 July 6th 09 08:57 AM
My new toy John Quilting 17 February 20th 08 11:01 PM
My new toy! AliceW Quilting 35 May 23rd 06 09:59 PM
toy for me..not quilting, but still!! CNYstitcher Quilting 12 December 16th 03 04:17 AM