What are your current quilting projects?

Old September 17th 07, 12:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy[_2_]

Default What are your current quilting projects?

On Sep 14, 4:17 pm, Julia in MN jaccola-AT-chartermi-
wrote:
Woo-hoo! I've got it all quilted. Now to get the binding on...

Julia in MN

Julia in MN wrote:
I just sandwiched & spray-basted the lap-size Storm at Sea top that I
finished last week. Now I get to start machine quilting it. I'm almost
done handquilting my southwestern applique wall hanging. Then next week
it's time to do the guild's newsletter for October.

Julia in MN
Pat in Virginia wrote:
With school starting, vacations over, relatives gone back home
(hopefully!) ... it is time to rev up the needles! What about your
current project/s?

Right now I am working on the Pink Hug Quilt for my friend. This is a
support for when she has the mastectomy. Some generous quilters from
RCTQ Land have sent lovely pink fabric to enrich the quilt.

We have not had this thread in a while, so it will be fun to read the
replies! Thanks,

Pat in Virginia

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/- Hide quoted text -

Awesome, Julia!!
well, i've come down with a terrific cold. sinus congestion, watery
eyes, the works. i just get started on my applique and i have to blow
my nose! i've decided to give it a rest and catch up with you all.
hope your weekends are so much better than mine!
(at least my dad came over to take the airconditioners out of the
windows for me...what a guy!)
amy

Old September 17th 07, 02:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sharon

On Sep 15, 11:39 am, "Charlotte Hippen" wrote:
Great thread Pat!!

Currently the projects I'm actually working on a
-a runner out of my Bday fabrics from the kids that I need to finding a back
for so it can be quilted
-same with a snowman wh.
-finishing a scrappy weather vane quilt done in pinks, greens and blues to
make them look like flowers. It just needs its pieced borders finished and
put on so I can start the quilting which I haven't figured out yet.
-a kit from my mother that is blues and is pieced flowers too. It too is
waiting for the two borders to be sewn on.
-a new purse and wallet in the planning stages
-some charity scrap quilts in various stages of piecing
-jeans quilts for DH and I -started sewing some, but am still in the jeans
collection process
-a quilt for DFIL that we just finished planning, now I need the money to
buy the fabric
-a summer quilt for my bed that I need to finish planning using a line of
fabrics with roses that I fell in love with
-planning a wintery quilt for my bed using some of those wonderful fabrics
of dark blue with silver patterns on them that I've been seeing with some
white or light blue, and perhaps a table runner out of the scraps. Right
now I'm thinking hunters star for the quilt and a feathered star for the
runner, but we shall see.

I also have a few UFOs which include:
- 2 tops to be hand quilted (this winter will be a good time for this)
-whole cloth wh started hand quilting (again this winter)
-snow scene wh kit not yet started cause I'm trying to get up the nerve for
it yet

I think that is it. Wow. I didn't know I had quite that many projects
going and of course I also have a list in each of the other forms I do too
(i.e. crochet, cross stitch, embroidery)!!! I think maybe I need to finish
a few before I start anymore. I don't want to end up with over 50 like
Butterfly because I wouldn't be able to keep track of them all!!!!
--
Charlottehttp://community.webshots.com/user/charh108

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in .. .

With school starting, vacations over, relatives gone back home
(hopefully!) ... it is time to rev up the needles! What about your current
project/s?

Right now I am working on the Pink Hug Quilt for my friend. This is a
support for when she has the mastectomy. Some generous quilters from RCTQ
Land have sent lovely pink fabric to enrich the quilt.

We have not had this thread in a while, so it will be fun to read the
replies! Thanks,

Pat in Virginia- Hide quoted/qiq text -

Wow Charlotte - you do have lots of projects on the go. I also love a
project to fit the mood ... I have 3 cross-stitch projects on the go -
two are biggies ... also have two quilts on the go - one's called
Love's Labyrinth and the other Virtues. Picked out the final borders
for *Love's* today after a friend advised me to put a touch of black
in it somewhere which I did - and which she kindly donated (gorgeous
stuff - black tone on tone - just love it). Besides my pickling and
cooking on a daily basis (which I love to do), seeing to my Mother's
needs in her special care home, I really do wish the day had 48
hours. Oh I'm starting a course with Hospice tomorrow night which I'm
really looking forward to. I love being busy. I also love
participating in the HUG blocks - it's a great feeling that you're
going to give someone a smile in what is probably not such a nice time
in their life. Life is good here and I'm so fortunate for that - so
grateful.

Sharon (N.B.)

Old September 17th 07, 03:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Has he given you both Soft and Hard braces to wear? Hard ones at night that
keep your hands from curling into a fist and soft ones with gel packs for
the palms (like fingerless gloves) and then softer wrist braces to help keep
them on your hands/you wear rubber/latex gloves over them when you are doing
wet things during the day. I wore mine for quite a long time and now I wear
them when I 'need' to or if I KNOW I'll be doing repetitive motion things
for awhile...also did he LIMIT the amount of time you use your hands between
things? I mean TOTAL LAY IN YOUR LAP rest? Yes, it's gonna TAKE TIME....you
didn't get there overnight and it isn't going to get better overnight. All I
hope for are good days and better than good days with 'do nuttin' days in
between.

FWIW.......I don't know what is going on with your hands...so i can only say
from MY experiences.

Butterfly (who discovered that crocheting 2 days in a row is NOT gonna
happen even with not doing anything else besides making dinner)

"Sharon Harper" wrote in message
Lets see, sorry I missed the original post.

I have two quilts currently happening - one is in the quilting stage for
one daughter, the other needs the blocks sewn into a top and then backed
and quilted for daughter number two. These are the two most important
before the old hands give out. On that front doctors have given up - they
have no idea. Oh well.

Next on the line of importance is my baby lone star which I hand pieced
and tied into a quilt for my pop before he passed. It's starting to come
apart at some seams, so I want to repair that and make it larger (queen
bed sized). Luckily I still have some of the co-ordinating fabrics left
(I always over buy) and I have some ideas about what I want to do.

Then there are the RCTQ BOM blocks I did last year (or was it the year
before? The first one we had) in xmas fabrics. I need to find a
co-ordinating fabric and make them up into a quilt (before Xmas 2009, lots
of time!!).

Then there is the stash that needs to be used up......all the patterns
I've collected.......

http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z37/shazrules/
"- dlm." wrote in message
. ..
Butterfly, you most certainly aren't the only one with multiple projects
in various stages as well as forms. I don't even want to think about the
number of quilts in progress, home decorating sewing, knitting,
needlework, designing cards. Just writing it all down on paper caused
undue stress, so now I'm just thinking and working on a couple of things
that have immediate needs for completion. Then I'll move on to the next
two or three things on my list.

- dlm. in central MA 'who just wants to be able to say the word "DONE!"
'

"Butterflywings" wrote in message
You do me good. Nice to know I'm not the only one that must have more
than one thing going on at once and not only in various stages but in
various forms (sewing/quilting/crocheting/knitting even tho the last 2
had to be on a hiatus for a number of years. Knitting still is). I miss
knitting in the fall but I get over it. It'll be easier this year as I
have been 'playing' with the crochet hook.

Butterfly

"Morag in Scotland" wrote in message
I never did get the hang of finishing one thing before starting another.
I currently have three works in progress. A nine patch Dora quilt for my
2 year old, a seaside wall hanging for my 4 year old and a hexagon
christmas wreath quilt/hanging which at this rate will be for Christmas
2015.
Morag

Old September 17th 07, 02:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy[_2_]

"- dlm." wrote in message
[...]

Pat in Virginia- Hide quoted text -

Butterfly--
sounds like Carpel Tunnel Syndrome to me, too! i have braces i wear at
night. i had surgery on my left hand a couple years ago. i really need
to get my right wrist done as well, but being right handed and keying
all day at work, it would really snag my time up.
amy

Old September 17th 07, 06:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Been checked for Carpal Tunel more than once. I have Peripheral Neuropathy
in both hands and feet.and no,
I do not have Diabetes--been checked quite often over the last 2 years as I
had Viral Pancreatitus when I was 21 (flu settled in the pancreaus).
Unfortunately the meds for PN didn't work for me000too sensitive to them

Butterfly (more than you wanted to know)

ups.com...

Old September 17th 07, 07:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Morag, You will notice that my question stated
project/s!! I always have more than one thing going,
too. G In fact, right now I have more than the three
you mention. The Pink Hug is my priority though. I'd
love to hear more about that seaside WH.
PAT

Old September 17th 07, 08:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Taria:
Excuse me .... IIRC, the plural of yurt is yurta. I won
a couple Scrabble games this summer with those two
words. LOL
PAT

Taria wrote:

Just in case anyone wonders most of us here in CA do not live
in yurts. Some of us do like trees though ; )

Taria

Old September 17th 07, 08:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
rusty rusty is offline
Junior Member

I'm working on a *BLOOMIN'* blooming 9-patch! I'm using 10 fabrics as
someone here suggested in order to make it larger, and have got
fabrics cut and nine patches made through #9. I must get this sucker
assembled since I just came back from the Ricky Tims seminar in
Knoxville Tn and want to do one of his kaleidoscope quilts.

rusty (those UFOs are going to have to wait another year or so at
this rate(g))

Old September 17th 07, 08:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Thanks Pat, You know I was educated in CA. That should
be a reasonable excuse. : )
Taria

Old September 17th 07, 10:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
MB

I'd always wanted to see a yurt and a couple of years ago the local college
had one...right from Mongolia...!!!!....set up in their Art Museum.!!!
I loved it . Mary /VT