What are your current quilting projects?

Old September 15th 07, 11:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

Default What are your current quilting projects?

Lizzy Taylor wrote:
Pat in Virginia wrote:
With school starting, vacations over, relatives gone back home
(hopefully!) ... it is time to rev up the needles! What about your
current project/s?

Sewing the binding and labels on 2 quilts for DS1 & DS2 for Christmas.
Carrying on with denim & flannel quilt for DD also for Christmas.
A couple of postcards for a swap I'm in.
Make a quick baby quilt for DMIL's cancer charity raffle in October.

I've done the postcards - all ready to drop in the post box later today.

The charm squares & fabric arrived for the baby quilt today - now do I
go with Funky Monkey or Aunt Grace. It's going to be a simple layout
(i.e. quick) of charms in a 5 x 6 arrangement sashed with cornerstones.
Decisions, decisions....

Lizzy
Old September 15th 07, 03:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Charlotte Hippen

You are definitely not alone!!! I love having a project to fit my mood.
Sometimes I like firing the machine up, sometimes I like cuddling in front
of the TV. Sometimes I'm in the mood to crochet, sometimes it is cross
stitch or quilting. Sometimes I feel like planning the next project. You
don't get board when you can switch your project or form.

--
Charlotte
http://community.webshots.com/user/charh108

"Butterflywings" wrote in message
You do me good. Nice to know I'm not the only one that must have more than
one thing going on at once and not only in various stages but in various
forms (sewing/quilting/crocheting/knitting even tho the last 2 had to be
on a hiatus for a number of years. Knitting still is). I miss knitting in
the fall but I get over it. It'll be easier this year as I have been
'playing' with the crochet hook.

Butterfly

Old September 15th 07, 03:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Charlotte Hippen

Great thread Pat!!

Currently the projects I'm actually working on a
-a runner out of my Bday fabrics from the kids that I need to finding a back
for so it can be quilted
-same with a snowman wh.
-finishing a scrappy weather vane quilt done in pinks, greens and blues to
make them look like flowers. It just needs its pieced borders finished and
put on so I can start the quilting which I haven't figured out yet.
-a kit from my mother that is blues and is pieced flowers too. It too is
waiting for the two borders to be sewn on.
-a new purse and wallet in the planning stages
-some charity scrap quilts in various stages of piecing
-jeans quilts for DH and I -started sewing some, but am still in the jeans
collection process
-a quilt for DFIL that we just finished planning, now I need the money to
buy the fabric
-a summer quilt for my bed that I need to finish planning using a line of
fabrics with roses that I fell in love with
-planning a wintery quilt for my bed using some of those wonderful fabrics
of dark blue with silver patterns on them that I've been seeing with some
white or light blue, and perhaps a table runner out of the scraps. Right
now I'm thinking hunters star for the quilt and a feathered star for the
runner, but we shall see.

I also have a few UFOs which include:
- 2 tops to be hand quilted (this winter will be a good time for this)
-whole cloth wh started hand quilting (again this winter)
-snow scene wh kit not yet started cause I'm trying to get up the nerve for
it yet

I think that is it. Wow. I didn't know I had quite that many projects
going and of course I also have a list in each of the other forms I do too
(i.e. crochet, cross stitch, embroidery)!!! I think maybe I need to finish
a few before I start anymore. I don't want to end up with over 50 like
Butterfly because I wouldn't be able to keep track of them all!!!!
--

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
With school starting, vacations over, relatives gone back home
(hopefully!) ... it is time to rev up the needles! What about your current
project/s?

Right now I am working on the Pink Hug Quilt for my friend. This is a
support for when she has the mastectomy. Some generous quilters from RCTQ
Land have sent lovely pink fabric to enrich the quilt.

We have not had this thread in a while, so it will be fun to read the
replies! Thanks,

Pat in Virginia

Old September 15th 07, 04:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article WNHGi.280$Bm1.270@trnddc01,
Taria wrote:

hey, she was my hero first. Joan and Sandy Foster are
both my top quilt inspirational heroes. : )
Taria

KJ wrote:
Ok....I'm exhausted just reading this! You are my hero!

Oh my, Taria! blush I'm flattered!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old September 15th 07, 11:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

I wrote them down so I won't forget what is for what Even I was surprised
at how many idff ones and the various stages they are at. Now to make up for
all that time I 'wasn't able' but kept on planning and collecting. yes,
I'll be careful.don't need any set backs.

Butterfly (Did you hide the list? I know where mine is--not in plain
sight ---so it can't nag

"- dlm." wrote in message
. ..
Butterfly, you most certainly aren't the only one with multiple projects
in various stages as well as forms. I don't even want to think about the
number of quilts in progress, home decorating sewing, knitting,
needlework, designing cards. Just writing it all down on paper caused
undue stress, so now I'm just thinking and working on a couple of things
that have immediate needs for completion. Then I'll move on to the next
two or three things on my list.

- dlm. in central MA 'who just wants to be able to say the word "DONE!"
'

"Butterflywings" wrote in message
You do me good. Nice to know I'm not the only one that must have more
than one thing going on at once and not only in various stages but in
various forms (sewing/quilting/crocheting/knitting even tho the last 2
had to be on a hiatus for a number of years. Knitting still is). I miss
knitting in the fall but I get over it. It'll be easier this year as I
have been 'playing' with the crochet hook.

Butterfly

"Morag in Scotland" wrote in message
I never did get the hang of finishing one thing before starting another.
I currently have three works in progress. A nine patch Dora quilt for my
2 year old, a seaside wall hanging for my 4 year old and a hexagon
christmas wreath quilt/hanging which at this rate will be for Christmas
2015.
Morag

Old September 16th 07, 12:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Thanks for understanding. I miss doing counted cross stitch and needlepoint.
I even have the middle panel of an Afghan Stitch afghan done in
'cross-stitch'. Middle panel has: an elephant head that has 13 shades of
gray and the other is a lion's head I've forgotten how many shades of
gold/yellow are in his mane and head.
Must finish it one of these days--have to cross stitch the 2 side panels. I
just don't know what I want to do there as of yet.

I have a hand painted Rooster Needlepoint that needs doing.but that was set
aside when the hands quit.

Butterfly (oh, the best laid plans of......)

Old September 16th 07, 12:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska

Oh, my. I'm flattered to be someone's inspiration. Just puddling
along here on the plains.

joan :

On Sep 14, 9:52?pm, Taria wrote:
hey, she was my hero first. Joan and Sandy Foster are
both my top quilt inspirational heroes. : )
Taria

KJ wrote:
Ok....I'm exhausted just reading this! You are my hero!- Hide quoted text -

Old September 16th 07, 05:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

this has really been an enjoyable thread. Just by reading them, you can
almost 'tell' what type of quilting each of us enjoys.

Butterfly (Thanks for doing this)

Old September 16th 07, 10:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 15:34:04 -0700, "Butterflywings"
wrote:

I wrote them down so I won't forget what is for what Even I was surprised
at how many idff ones and the various stages they are at. Now to make up for
all that time I 'wasn't able' but kept on planning and collecting. yes,
I'll be careful.don't need any set backs.

Butterfly (Did you hide the list? I know where mine is--not in plain
sight ---so it can't nag

I keep my projects in bags when I'm not working on them. When I am
working on one, the majority of the project stays in the bag. It's my
only way to remember what fabrics I must not use for another project.
If a planned sashing or border fabric were to be stored with all the
rest of my fabric, I'd use it for something else and then not have it
for the quilt I wanted it on originally. Currently I have three quilt
projects in bags. Well, one just earned a bag yesterday since I
realized I had 4 prints to use for a theme quilt. Once a top is made
the left over fabric can go back into the general stash bins.

Jar quilt
Red/Blue/Gold TV quilt for DH
Cat quilt (new)

I also sometimes keep individual blocks I'm working on in small bags,
usually applique blocks and swap blocks.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old September 16th 07, 10:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sharon Harper

Lets see, sorry I missed the original post.

I have two quilts currently happening - one is in the quilting stage for one
daughter, the other needs the blocks sewn into a top and then backed and
quilted for daughter number two. These are the two most important before
the old hands give out. On that front doctors have given up - they have no
idea. Oh well.

Next on the line of importance is my baby lone star which I hand pieced and
tied into a quilt for my pop before he passed. It's starting to come apart
at some seams, so I want to repair that and make it larger (queen bed
sized). Luckily I still have some of the co-ordinating fabrics left (I
always over buy) and I have some ideas about what I want to do.

Then there are the RCTQ BOM blocks I did last year (or was it the year
before? The first one we had) in xmas fabrics. I need to find a
co-ordinating fabric and make them up into a quilt (before Xmas 2009, lots
of time!!).

Then there is the stash that needs to be used up......all the patterns I've
collected.......

http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z37/shazrules/
. ..