What are your current quilting projects?

Old September 13th 07, 05:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

Default What are your current quilting projects?

Friendship quilt for charity (blue and white split 9-patch, will be splendid
if enough people contribute!). Plus a large number of concurrent scrap
projects. Blocks get made as scraps appear, more or less. And someday there
will be something to show off!
Roberta in D

"Pat in Virginia" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
With school starting, vacations over, relatives gone back home
(hopefully!) ... it is time to rev up the needles! What about your current
project/s?

Right now I am working on the Pink Hug Quilt for my friend. This is a
support for when she has the mastectomy. Some generous quilters from RCTQ
Land have sent lovely pink fabric to enrich the quilt.

We have not had this thread in a while, so it will be fun to read the
replies! Thanks,

Pat in Virginia

Old September 13th 07, 05:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

OK, I'm starting to drool a little. Any way we'll ever see a photo?
Roberta in D

"NightMist" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Marking that silk robe I was talking about making forever ago for
quilting. Did it like a princess style overcoat in raw silk. Quilting
will be celtic interlace around the edges, and staggered hemp leaf as
in sashiko over the main body. After it is quilted and dyed I will
make frogs instead of using buttons. Still haven't got the batting,
but the Hobbs Tuscany silk seems a natural choice. Probably will
paint the interlace to match the frogs too. Be a bit of a pain, but
it would suit the overall look of the thing.

NightMist

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 01:13:30 GMT, Mary in Rock Island IL
wrote:

I am finishing up a challenge, send a gallon bag of fabric and get
back a quilt top. It is due September 30, I will get done in time but
just barely! The lesson I am learning is that half square triangles
add a lot of variety and interest to a project but take more time to
make than regular squares.
Next is a lap size quilt for my sister in law who is facing some scary
surgery next month. I do have a stack of appropriate blocks from a
swap several years ago so all I have to do is get it done.
Also, I want to make Carol Doak's block of the month from her yahoo
group. If I get it done before the end of the month I will be
eligible for a prize drawing.
Then, there is the annual Christmas auction for which I make a quilt.
Got to start thinking about what to make.
And here I was thinking that I could coast now that I have gotten the
three HS graduation quilts done...

Mary

--

The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the
majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with

Old September 13th 07, 05:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

We share your pain.
Roberta in D, giggling just a little, may turn into maniacal laughter soon

"John" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
ps.com...
On Sep 12, 5:46 pm, Pat in Virginia wrote:
With school starting, vacations over, relatives gone
back home (hopefully!) ... it is time to rev up the
needles! What about your current project/s?

Right now I am working on the Pink Hug Quilt for my
friend. This is a support for when she has the
mastectomy. Some generous quilters from RCTQ Land have
sent lovely pink fabric to enrich the quilt.

We have not had this thread in a while, so it will be
fun to read the replies! Thanks,

Pat in Virginia

I started another one of those Quilt from Hell things from my leftover
stash of never ending diagonal squares. This time it is a Bargetto
pattern. We have a Bicentenial celebration show for Fredericktown,
where I live, that most of the people who quilt and do other things,
Needlepoint, Painting, whatever, are entering. It is coming up on the
20th of October and I decided, what the he**. I am going to go for it.
I have to make the quilt and also the stand to show it on. That is
going to cut it kind of thin. The quilt is 6' x 6' so were not talking
wall hanging here folks. I have 7 of 42, 6' strips of squares done. I
told myself I would not do another one of these things, but you know
how it is. I just can't help myself.

John

Old September 13th 07, 07:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 09:36:54 -0400, (Denise in NH)
wrote:
If anyone can find fairies (with or without mushrooms) material, let me
know. I'm not looking for anything that looks like angels, just fairies.

Denise
http://community.webtv.net/DeniseJG/
My QI

Tinkerbell is a fairy. There are lots of places that sell Disney's
Tinkerbell fabric including Joann's and Walmart.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old September 13th 07, 07:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

I'm doing Terbear's Your Pick swap. So far all the blocks I've made
for other people are applique. I've made one pieced block for myself
too. I've made a section in my WebShots album for the blocks I've
sewn. I think I labeled it YP Blocks.

I finished quilting the baby quilt but I still have to bind it. The
baby is due next month so I've got to get moving on it.

With the weather cooling off, I gain the ability to baste a quilt or
two for the winter months, so I guess I need to make some quilt backs.
I need one for the Bow Tie (full bed) and one for the Space Quilt
(king).
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old September 13th 07, 07:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Torrens

I just finished 3 prayer quilt tops for my friend's church.
I'm trying to get my challenge quilt finished for next spring's quilt show
(they have to have it before we return from Florida).
I also have 3 on-going projects that require my entire stash, so have to be
completed before we head south near the end of October.
My DS2 is moving back home for the winter, house-sitting and looking for a
part time jobs. He has been on disability for a couple of years, and is
ready to start returning to the work force. His roommate got married a year
ago, and they wanted their own place. Unfortunately, DS2 wasn't able to
find any place to live on his budget, so we are storing his furniture in the
garage, and he is moving into the guest room.

--
Susan in Kingston ON
back to quilting, as usual

Old September 13th 07, 08:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

Sigh! That post should have read Bargello. This is what happens when
you are to tired to run spell checker and it is way past your bed time
and you are interested in getting to sleep. Concider yourself warned.

John

Old September 14th 07, 12:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

I can't sit at the sm for very long- my surgery leg swells and every 2-3
hrs. of sitting costs me about 5 hrs. with my legs elevated. (sigh) But I
am slowly working on a tiny quilted cell phone case for one of the gals at
the real estate office. She doesn't carry a purse and lost her first cell
phone somewhere in the middle of a 280 acre parcel she was 'walking' with a
prospective buyer. The case will have a long strip of velcro on the band
(longer velcro piece for more holding power, I hope) to attach it to her
blue jean's belt loop and a smaller strap over the top of the phone. The
soon-to-be ex rescued a tiny 8 mo. old Pomeranian pup and I am slowly
designing and quilting an 'igloo' dog house for the little dog. The igloo
is for the *dog*- not for him. We are getting along quite well, but......
VBG I am proud of anybody who rescues a dog from a bad situation regardless
of who it may be. Besides, I crack up every time I see this BIG man- 6'2"
and about 220 lbs.- walking this 3 lb. tiny little Pom. And she just adores
him, so she proudly prances along side of him as they take walks together.
Too funny!

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old September 14th 07, 02:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
MAmadurk

Thanks! Sounds darling!
MAmadurk

--
I don't consider myself a book collector. I just have books,
the way one has air to breathe. -N. Hilyard

I cannot live without books. -Thomas Jefferson

"steve" wrote in message
Hi

It was a pattern in a quilt magazine about 15 years ago. It was a boy or
girl asleep with their rabbit or bear and their blanket covering them was
quilt. If you would like the pattern I will make a copy for you.

I try to scan the main picture tomorrow and email it to you.

Steven
Alaska

"MAmadurk" wrote in message
Is "Nighty-Nite" a pattern name, or just what the intended quilt is meant
be used for?

MAmadurk, curious

--
I don't consider myself a book collector. I just have books,
the way one has air to breathe. -N. Hilyard

I cannot live without books. -Thomas Jefferson

"steve" wrote in message
OH MY!

I am trying to finish so many things because I have committed to going
back
to Michigan for Christmas and want to give everyone a quilt. Its been an
idea for years and some I started in the last year and some Istarted over
dozen years ago.

Woven baskets with appliqued flowers for Mom and Sister
Appliqued kimono prints and sashiko for BIL
Appliqued fish and 3-D lily pad and flower for BIL
Nighty-Nite girl for niece
Nighty-Nite boy for nephew-almost done.
Appliqued orange and beaded silhouette of a naked women for my Aunt-It's
actually done so I need to take a picture for all of you.
For my other sister I don't know yet and time is counting.

Most are sewed but need to be quilted, and I am doing it by hand and then
the binding. Bert will be gone for two weeks in October. Guess what I
will
be doing morning, noon, and night when I am not at school?

Oh, and my nephew graduates this year and Deb is retiring from teaching
so
there are two more to make. I'm crazy but aren't we all?

Steve
Alaska

Old September 14th 07, 08:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Morag in Scotland

I never did get the hang of finishing one thing before starting another. I
currently have three works in progress. A nine patch Dora quilt for my 2
year old, a seaside wall hanging for my 4 year old and a hexagon christmas
wreath quilt/hanging which at this rate will be for Christmas 2015.
Morag