Everybody Out!

Old September 12th 07, 09:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Default OT bad food was Everybody Out!--Old SPices too...

Good points, Debra. Also, as people age the sense of
smell is often diminished. Smell is sometimes a clue to
'bad food.' Have you seen that commercial where the
woman opens the take out box and faints? Bad food!
PAT in VA/USA

Debra wrote:

Taste isn't always a good method of determining if a food is safe to
eat. Many foods have enough flavor to taste good despite having gone
bad or being tainted by toxins. Take this year's tainted peanut
butter recall for example--the peanut butter tasted just fine, but I
ended up with mild food poisoning three times just before the recall,
and wouldn't you know it, I had been eating from a tainted jar of it.
Another problem with using the taste method is that older folks lose
part of their sense of taste. You won't be able to taste the
difference between good or bad in as many foods when you are older.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at

Old September 12th 07, 09:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Default Everybody Out!

Are you thinking of the cartoon figure, Maxine? She is
a hoot!! Grinning in VA, PAT

Elly wrote:

On Sep 11, 11:20 pm, "KJ" wrote:

Then I won't tell you about the time I got stuck on the roof! The choice
was to sit on the hot (Arizona in the summer) asphalt roof and get on the
ladder or jump into the pool from the roof. Burned my behind!

You rascal you! I know I shouldn't ask you but I'm going to anyway,
but how old are you? Not being nosey just being interested as at the
moment I'm getting images of oh heck can't remember her name,, comes
in funny cartoons,,, from America,,,, My epal sends me them... really
funny.. help! Elly

Old September 13th 07, 12:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

Oh, bad food is so... well, bad!

Like the popsicle that drips onto my blouse, and the hot chocolate that
slops over onto my pajamas when I plop down in my favorite chair w/ a snack
plate piled w/ toast (for dunking in the chocolate, ya' know), and the
chocolate cake that ends too soon: bad food! Baaaaaaaaad! -Bad food!
Don't let it near the quilts!

Meanwhile, back at the ranch,
the a/c is working, the flooded floor has been dried & cleared, the
plumber fixed the plumbing (where the a/c condenser line empties into the
sewer pipe under the sink which the a/c man should NOT have touched but did
and broke it and couldn't fix it, causing the flood that covered the floor,
so the a/c had to be turned off to stop the condenser water from dripping
& adding to the flood [thank goodness we had a cool Tuesday!] which I
managed to contain & which will send me to the paint store to find some
"dirty white" primer to spray on the ceiling where the flood ended
[water travels down, usually]), and just as Life begins to seem like some
kind of snowballing circus, everything works out okay (mostly; waiting for
the a/c company to reimburse the extra cost of the plumbing),
and I am once again grateful that my dad was a carpenter who taught me
to "learn to take care of yourself!"-- and other useful
household repairs. g
I'm especially good w/ the telephone, calling the home warranty people and
getting them to send the appropriate repair people. I LOVE to paint,
can replace the sheetrock/wallboard and flooring (after I pulled it up to
make sure it's really dry under there), but plumbing--I ain't so good w/
plumbing. As Andy Griffith told Aunt Bee: "Call the man!"
Knowing when to "call the man" is so handy. ;-P
So this afternoon I got to go back to the quilting table...
hmmmmmm...seems like those scraps took advantage of my home repair emergency
situation and multiplied again! I'm sure there weren't that many scraps
in that pile last time I looked. Roberta!!!!!! The scraps are out of
control! I need some Lebkuchen... should head to Southlake to the
Germany grocery store; they sell German wheat beer at the liquor store in
the same shopping center. ... .

R/Sandy-- quilting goes better w/ Lebkuchen ;-D

Old September 13th 07, 12:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
Sandy Ellison wrote:

[...]

snip

Wow! I somehow missed your announcement of this little "adventure"! I'm
glad things are sort of under control again.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old September 13th 07, 01:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

I missed it too! I'm sorry for your woes. I HATE to call repair
people....mostly because I don't have any names at hand for such events.
It's always a crap shoot.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old September 13th 07, 03:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

Oh, it all started yesterday afternoon.
Times does indeed pass quickly when one is having fun..
or something. VBG
The thing is, the a/c guy wanted to stop & talk about his wife
who sews; she thinks "quilters are on a higher level"
of talent and skill. LOL
And the plumber just stood & watched me piece some scraps while he
waited for a return phone call.
I finished a whole scoop of scrap piecing before I left for a
church board meeting, calm & collected & all cleaned up (me & the floor).

Usually it's fairly quiet around here, but when Things Happen
they all seem to want to happen at once. Late afternoon the
cable t.v. guy showed up to ask "is the box in your backyard?"
No, but I took him to the backyard to peek over the fence where
"the box" is in the neighbor's yard; our service is not having problems
so he had to look further down the block for the right "box".
Ya' know, as long as these repair people are nice and do their job,
I'm okay with that. I do have A List of People to Call.
I send them away w/ a bottle of cool water, too.

Of course, we Quilters perseve the quilts must go on. VBG

R/Sandy--quilting w/ one hand, swinging a hammer with the other 8-

On 9/12/07 6:57 PM, in article
, "Sandy"

Old September 18th 07, 03:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy[_2_]

On Sep 12, 10:22 pm, Sandy Ellison wrote:
[...]

wrote:
In article ,
Sandy Ellison wrote:

[...]

glad things are sort of under control again. - Hide quoted text -

sandy...my dad was in the Navy SeaBees, he and i usually do all our
repairs, and believe me...i bought the house from hell. what a money
pit. of course, after a divorce, money was tight so i bought the only
house on the market in my neighborhood that i could afford. i went
from a brand new 4 b/r,2ba luxury home to a 2br/1ba
fixerupper.....what a nightmare..but now i just love it. actually it's
now on the market. i want to move to Calif. to be w/my DS and DIL and
i have to sell. heres the link:
http://homes.realtor.com/search/list...srcnt=7#Detail
amy

Old September 18th 07, 04:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Where you moving to Amy? You have an idea of the housing market
here?
Looks pretty different than there.
Taria

Old September 18th 07, 05:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy[_2_]

amy wrote:

sandy...my dad was in the Navy SeaBees, he and i usually do all our
repairs, and believe me...i bought the house from hell. what a money
pit. of course, after a divorce, money was tight so i bought the only
house on the market in my neighborhood that i could afford. i went
from a brand new 4 b/r,2ba luxury home to a 2br/1ba
fixerupper.....what a nightmare..but now i just love it. actually it's
now on the market. i want to move to Calif. to be w/my DS and DIL and
i have to sell. heres the link:
http://homes.realtor.com/search/list...=msn&pg=1&sour...
amy- Hide quoted text -

my DS lives in San Pedro, south of LA. right now my DD is in college
and finishes in May. I'm hoping the house sells by Xmas and we can go
by Feb or so.
i visited DS last Sept and then again this past May and traveled the
state a bit. I really loved it there. i've lived in the New England
area all my life and it's so different in CA. i just cant wait!
amy

Old September 19th 07, 11:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jack Campin - bogus address

Take a flashlight and screwdriver with you. I want you to go around to the
vent thing from your clothes dryer, open it, peer inside and check for
troubles. If they're generally unimportant, at least scrape the fuzzies
from the flap so it will close properly and not permit any critters easy
entrance. Then. Back inside. Inspect your clothes dryer filter and the
area where it's inserted and see if the vacuum cleaner is needed.
(probably) Next, pull your dryer from the wall and clean the tube that runs
from the dryer to the outside. How to get your body from behind the dryer
will be a challenge.
If you think this is too much trouble, don't even ask how much trouble
you'll have if you don't do it. DSis just survived a clothes dryer fire
and the trouble that caused was gruesome.

Better just to get rid of the damn dryer. They're one of the commonest
causes of house fires.