Quilty Gifts?

Old January 3rd 12, 03:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Default Quilty Gifts, long

You kind of have to look at people like they are a fridge. You open the
fridge and
no matter how much you want something out of it if it isn't there you can't
get it.
Sometimes we want from people what they just don't have in them. People
that
care try to learn but sometimes what we need just isn't in them. We love
people
in our lives as best we can and have to appreciate them for what they are
able
to give. Learning is a big job in this life. I am still working with all
this.
Hugs to you Susan, Taria

"Susan Laity Price" wrote in message

I know I shouldn't complain about the gifts because I have so many
other things for which to be thankful. It just gets old sometimes. I
always buy myself gifts. Sometimes I even wrap them and put them under
the tree. Thanks for reminding me that Christmas isn't all about the
gifts.

Susan

Old January 4th 12, 02:32 PM
NimbleSez NimbleSez is offline
Banned

Location: Cork, Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Swindells[_3_] View Post
The poor child is destined to be smothered in them!

Now where shall I begin......

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://picasaweb.google.com/SallySeaside

On 27/12/2011 16:12, Pat S wrote:
Congratulations Sally. What a lovely surprise - and a very original gift!
Six months should be time enough for a few 'quilty things' anyway!
.
In message , Sally Swindells
writes
My quilty gift was a cd of DDiL's tummy and impending Grandchild due
in June! - excuse for making baby quilts, wall hangings, eye-spies,
big bed quilts, etc. etc.

A great surprise as she is over 40 and already had three children (now
aged 14 to 20), when she met DS almost 10 years ago, so we had
resigned ourselves to no grandchildren of 'ours'. Very proud
parents-to-be and step-siblings too as it is a very much longed for
addition to their family. So great excitment here.

DH is clueless about scans so thought the pictures were out of focus
mistakes with the video camera left running, until we were
congratulated on becoming grandparents near the end of the film, and
it clicked! Am looking forward to watching it again when all our
Christmas visitors have left, and it is quiet.

What better quilty present?

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://picasaweb.google.com/SallySeaside

I made my Grandma a cushion cover as it was the first present she ever made me.
Old January 4th 12, 02:38 PM
NimbleSez NimbleSez is offline
Banned

Location: Cork, Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy Taylor View Post
I hope everyone had a good Christmas (or holiday of your choice) and had
the pleasure of giving and receiving gifts. Were any of yours quilty?

I gave several seasonal table runners (made back in January) and
received a roll of soft'n'bright batting and a new "daylight" work lamp,
both of which are much appreciated.

Now all I need to do is not eat for a couple of days so that I can fit
in front of the sewing machine again :-)

Lizzy
Sounds like you had a lovely holiday!

Sarah
Old January 6th 12, 03:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

How true. I knew I was marrying a left brain guy. At first it bothered
me that he didn't notice if I tried a new hair style or rearranged the
furniture. Finally I realized that for the same reason he didn't
notice my attempts at change he also didn't notice if I hadn't cleaned
in a few weeks. I decided to accept the good with the bad.
Unfortunately my two children are also very left brained. I know there
is nothing I can do about it. They were born that way. They excelled
at math and science. It goes with the "leftbrainness" of our
household. It only bothers me on my birthday and Christmas. I more
than make up for it by buying my own gifts after each event. Thanks
for the refrigerator analogy. I will keep that visual in my mind next
Christmas as I open my gifts.

Susan

On 3 Jan 2012 07:18:49 -0800, "Taria"
wrote:

You kind of have to look at people like they are a fridge. You open the
fridge and
no matter how much you want something out of it if it isn't there you can't
get it.
Sometimes we want from people what they just don't have in them. People
that
care try to learn but sometimes what we need just isn't in them. We love
people
in our lives as best we can and have to appreciate them for what they are
able
to give. Learning is a big job in this life. I am still working with all
this.
Hugs to you Susan, Taria

.. .

Old January 6th 12, 08:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Susan, I know people with kids and/or husbands that seem to
have no brains!
At least you have something there to appreciate. ; )

Old January 7th 12, 01:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

You need to be buying your own gifts on or before each event! Don't
wait for afterwards, be proactive! And definitely don't go wrapping
them to open later, use them immediately. (Unless maybe the store
offers truly magnificent free gift wrap, that might be fun.) And if
one of your left-brainers surprises you with an extra gift, do not
feel the least bit guilty that you already got yourself a present -you
are worth it.
Roberta in D

wrote:

You kind of have to look at people like they are a fridge. You open the
fridge and
no matter how much you want something out of it if it isn't there you can't
get it.
Sometimes we want from people what they just don't have in them. People
that
care try to learn but sometimes what we need just isn't in them. We love
people
in our lives as best we can and have to appreciate them for what they are
able
to give. Learning is a big job in this life. I am still working with all
this.
Hugs to you Susan, Taria

"Susan Laity Price" wrote in message
. ..

I know I shouldn't complain about the gifts because I have so many
other things for which to be thankful. It just gets old sometimes. I
always buy myself gifts. Sometimes I even wrap them and put them under
the tree. Thanks for reminding me that Christmas isn't all about the
gifts.

Susan

My quilty Christmas gifts Julia in MN Quilting 33 January 6th 08 05:05 PM
Up to something quilty Debra Quilting 3 January 16th 07 01:01 AM
What quilty maryd Quilting 47 December 11th 04 07:57 PM
Quilty gifts and other events Susan Laity Price Quilting 2 January 1st 04 12:56 PM
I did something quilty! Dianne & Greg Quilting 11 August 5th 03 10:34 PM