No quilting for awhile.

Old August 30th 07, 09:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

Default No quilting for awhile.

As some of you may know, We had 22 windows installed in the house and,
she who must be obeyed has,"suggested", that now would be a good time
to make new curtains for most of the house. Lined curtains, that is.
Sooo, No more quilting till that is finished. I will be still sewing
on the straight and narrow, but in a slightly different medium. Or as
I said to her; "Looks like it's curtains for me".
Ok, I couldn't help myself with that one.

John

Old August 30th 07, 10:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Well of course you can still quilt. The curtains in our master bathroom are
quilted. There are 3 'grandmother's flower garden' flowers with a stem and
a few leaves appliquéd on them. Just enough hexagoning to convince me that
I would not like to do an entire bed quilt. I'm not sure what time period
that magnificent stove is but you could get quite appropriately quilty on
the kitchen window with something smashing. (Bad word for someone with new
windows, I guess.) Polly

ps.com...

Old August 30th 07, 10:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

But couldn't you still do patchworked ones? That would definitely
give you the option of working on 22 new patterns and designs and then
the room could be 'named' for the window treatment. If you wanted to
keep a sameness to the windows - be a devil and use only one lining
fabric. jennellh

Old August 30th 07, 10:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Aug 30, 5:07 pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
Well of course you can still quilt. The curtains in our master bathroom are
quilted. There are 3 'grandmother's flower garden' flowers with a stem and
a few leaves appliquéd on them. Just enough hexagoning to convince me that
I would not like to do an entire bed quilt. I'm not sure what time period
that magnificent stove is but you could get quite appropriately quilty on
the kitchen window with something smashing. (Bad word for someone with new
windows, I guess.) Polly

Humm, Let me think about that.
The stove is actually a new stove that is made by the same company
that makes wood/coal burning kitchen ranges and they use the same
castings for the new ones as they do for the old style, and they fill
it with modern guts like self cleaning oven and electric or gas power
or even electric and gas combo's. It is great looking and it actually
works like a "regular" stove. And yes, delete smashing refrences, from
any thing to do with windows.

John

Old August 30th 07, 10:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

That would be a step too far for me, John. Good luck!
..
In message om, John
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old August 30th 07, 11:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

John: "Looks like it's curtains for me".

In your poly leisure suit, open casket
(hmmm...more fabric stash room).

John: you are baaaaa-aaaaad!

R/Sandy

On 8/30/07 3:54 PM, in article
, "John"

Old August 30th 07, 11:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article om,
John wrote:

As some of you may know, We had 22 windows installed in the house and,
she who must be obeyed has,"suggested", that now would be a good time
to make new curtains for most of the house. Lined curtains, that is.
Sooo, No more quilting till that is finished. I will be still sewing
on the straight and narrow, but in a slightly different medium. Or as
I said to her; "Looks like it's curtains for me".
Ok, I couldn't help myself with that one.

John

Pfffbbbtttt! Where was the spew warning for this, John? Good luck
with the curtains. I've done them in the far-distant past and hope never
to have to do them again; they're a royal pain, IMHO.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) earthlink (dot) net (remove/change the obvious)
Old August 31st 07, 12:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti S

Knowing you, and how quickly you seem to whip through your projects,
you'll be posting next Tuesday. It will be a photo, of 22 fabulous sets
of curtains, hand woven , perfectly dyed to match every room, and hung
with drapery hooks or curtain rods that you forged out of wagon wheels
from a vintage covered wagon. And the hand woven fabric came from sheep
that are grazing in your back yard, and you won the sheep sheering
contest while gathering your supplies..... or something to that effect.
Good luck...... we'll see ya next week :-)

Patti in Seattle

Old August 31st 07, 12:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

Patti S wrote:
Knowing you, and how quickly you seem to whip through your projects,
you'll be posting next Tuesday. It will be a photo, of 22 fabulous sets
of curtains, hand woven , perfectly dyed to match every room, and hung
with drapery hooks or curtain rods that you forged out of wagon wheels
from a vintage covered wagon. And the hand woven fabric came from sheep
that are grazing in your back yard, and you won the sheep sheering
contest while gathering your supplies..... or something to that effect.
Good luck...... we'll see ya next week :-)

Patti in Seattle

and will be beautifully hemmed along the bottoms - unlike some of mine
which are still only basted after 5 years in this house! It is beautiful
basting though - so beautiful I no longer notice it.

Fortunately most of the curtains were the correct length.

--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
Old August 31st 07, 12:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I enjoy doing curtains myself. The blackout fabric really makes a
big difference here in the desert. I have done some pretty neat
roman shades that were fun to make and use.
Fabricguru.com is my favorite for curtain fabric. They ship cheap and
fast. Looking is fun and prices are great so buying is more fun.
NAYY.
Taria

John wrote:
As some of you may know, We had 22 windows installed in the house and,
she who must be obeyed has,"suggested", that now would be a good time
to make new curtains for most of the house. Lined curtains, that is.
Sooo, No more quilting till that is finished. I will be still sewing
on the straight and narrow, but in a slightly different medium. Or as
I said to her; "Looks like it's curtains for me".
Ok, I couldn't help myself with that one.

John

It's been awhile Queen of Squishies Quilting 4 March 2nd 06 01:26 AM
It's been awhile Sandy Foster Quilting 0 February 27th 06 05:41 PM
It's been awhile Patti Quilting 0 February 27th 06 03:15 PM
OT -- going away for awhile Karen in MN Yarn 6 January 10th 05 07:36 AM
OT- Gone for awhile muse9 Quilting 14 October 24th 04 09:31 PM