Photogenic memory

Old September 8th 10, 07:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default Photogenic memory

Yes. I know. The expression is photographic memory - but I have learned
how to use the camera for memory.
One of the Christmas tree skirts began with a printed panel. Of course,
none of the blocks were straight or square. Step 1 was to cut them apart
and attempt to square them.
Step 2 was to arrange them on the design wall to begin thinking about
how they would become a skirt. . . and not lose the arrangement as they
were framed or paired or whatever.
Ta-dah! I took a picture and printed it. Using the camera saved me
heaps and lots of thinking and unstitching. I surely do thank whoever
mentioned that trick here. It is one easy grand help. Polly

Old September 9th 10, 08:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sartorresartus

Good idea. Shall remember that.

Nel
(GQ)
Old September 10th 10, 11:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Judie in Penfield NY[_5_]

On 9/8/2010 2:51 PM, Polly Esther wrote:
Yes. I know. The expression is photographic memory - but I have
learned how to use the camera for memory.
One of the Christmas tree skirts began with a printed panel. Of course,
none of the blocks were straight or square. Step 1 was to cut them apart
and attempt to square them.
Step 2 was to arrange them on the design wall to begin thinking about
how they would become a skirt. . . and not lose the arrangement as they
were framed or paired or whatever.
Ta-dah! I took a picture and printed it. Using the camera saved me heaps
and lots of thinking and unstitching. I surely do thank whoever
mentioned that trick here. It is one easy grand help. Polly

I take pictures of each step whenever I take something apart that needs
to go back together, like the tension on my sewing machine. I actually
started doing this back in the olden days with a polaroid.

Judie
Old September 11th 10, 02:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

And another camera use. Friend has a Viking Sapphire. Now and then at
mostly important moments, it decides to yank the thread loose from the
little eye on the needle uptake lever. Makes quite a racket and mess. The
local Viking dealer says that part is defective, that replacement levers
were on back-order and asked for her SM's serial number.
We found lots of numbers that 'may' be the serial number; took a picture
of the whole label and emailed it. We hope that defect is covered with the
warranty; we will be mighty annoyed if it is not.
Maybe soon we'll be able to take our own pulse and temperature, stick
out our tongue, take a picture and email it to our doctor's clinic. Yess.
More time for quilting. Polly

"Judie in Penfield NY" wrote in message
On 9/8/2010 2:51 PM, Polly Esther wrote:
Yes. I know. The expression is photographic memory - but I have
learned how to use the camera for memory.
One of the Christmas tree skirts began with a printed panel. Of course,
none of the blocks were straight or square. Step 1 was to cut them apart
and attempt to square them.
Step 2 was to arrange them on the design wall to begin thinking about
how they would become a skirt. . . and not lose the arrangement as they
were framed or paired or whatever.
Ta-dah! I took a picture and printed it. Using the camera saved me heaps
and lots of thinking and unstitching. I surely do thank whoever
mentioned that trick here. It is one easy grand help. Polly

I take pictures of each step whenever I take something apart that needs to
started doing this back in the olden days with a polaroid.

Judie

In Memory of 9/11 Karen C - California Needlework 2 September 11th 06 05:22 PM
OT In Memory 9/11/05 Pat in Virginia Quilting 7 September 12th 05 02:15 AM
In Memory of 9/11/01 SC Sewing 1 August 20th 03 07:35 PM
In Memory of 9/11/01 Dr. Brat Needlework 4 August 20th 03 03:36 AM
Memory quilt Aaron Toponce Quilting 0 July 28th 03 11:15 PM