sliver back foil

Old December 22nd 06, 12:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
racing John

Default sliver back foil

Does anyone else have problems with this stuff, it dont stick to the
glass, I have no problem with black, and copper tape, just the sliver,
and if you dont have a problem what brand name tape are u using?

Old December 22nd 06, 08:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Javahut

"racing John" wrote in message
Does anyone else have problems with this stuff, it dont stick to the
glass, I have no problem with black, and copper tape, just the sliver,
and if you dont have a problem what brand name tape are u using?

Couple of tricks,

try heating it up somehow, hairdryer? warm oven? activates the acrylic
adhesive sometimes... or lightly wipe it sown,(Pain In Ass) with a old rag
with MEK, not much cause it will dissolve the adhesive too.

Call Venture, or whoever sold the stuff, and put in a complaint, bet you get
some rolls to try...

Old December 22nd 06, 11:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
C Ryman

I've heard of Venture having that problem a long time ago, I thought they
fixed it, unless that is an old roll. I prefer the other brand, it doesn't
have a name on the package but I think it is Edco. It seems thinner and
more flexible and usually sticks well. The black tends to ooze out when
soldered.

--
Connie Ryman
Cryman Studio

Old December 23rd 06, 03:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Glassman

"racing John" wrote in message
Does anyone else have problems with this stuff, it dont stick to the
glass, I have no problem with black, and copper tape, just the sliver,
and if you dont have a problem what brand name tape are u using?

Yes I have a batch of Silver that sucks too. One of my customers swears by
foiling with pieces that have been on a hot plate!

--
JK Sinrod
www.SinrodStudios.com

Old December 23rd 06, 09:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Frank in UK

The only time I had that problem, I came at it the other way, warmed up
the tray of glass pieces. Seemed to work OK
Frank
www.picturetrail.com/kaleidoscopesg
*************************

Old December 26th 06, 01:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
racing John

Thank you for your help and information, I hope you all have a very
Happy New Year

Old December 27th 06, 07:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

racing John wrote:
Does anyone else have problems with this stuff, it dont stick to the
glass, I have no problem with black, and copper tape, just the sliver,
and if you dont have a problem what brand name tape are u using?

Having tried both Edco and Venture, I've decided that the best way to
apply silver back foil is to not use it.

Katherine's back! Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 8 August 17th 05 04:37 PM
OT back to the house [long, trip journal] Ginger in CA Quilting 4 July 25th 05 04:29 PM
Jeesh... back again! MRH Yarn 19 July 23rd 05 08:43 PM
Back of the work Alison in OH Needlework 5 November 29th 04 07:08 PM