you know your a quilter....

Old March 23rd 06, 02:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default you know your a quilter....

Tonight I learned that you know you are a quilter when you follow the
odd blue dog paw prints and find at the end of the trail a dog that has
chewed your just opened new wash away pen that you planned using to mark
quilting lines. At least it was easy to clean and I don't think she ate
much of the pen itself.
I gotta find time to practice the freehand feathers so I don't need to mark!
Taria

Old March 23rd 06, 03:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

ROFL

--
Cats ^;;^ ^;;^ ^;;^
( U ) ( U ) ( U )

catsatararatATyahooDOTcomDOTau

:

Old March 23rd 06, 03:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I just walked through the family room and saw the tv remote in the center of
the floor. I picked it up and handed it to DH. He had been watching the
news and playing keep away and tug of war with the Yorkie while stretched
out on the floor at Yorkie level.
I reminded him that remotes and cell phones were good chew toys. Yogi
doesn't know about wash away pens but I'll bet he'd give one a thorough
trial. Polly

"Cats" wrote in message
ROFL

Old March 23rd 06, 03:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

well, Georgia doesn't hasn't thought to chew phones or remotes. We just
don't want them getting together and sharing bad habits!
I would suspect chewing up a remote would be a big job for a little
yorkie.
Taria

Old March 23rd 06, 04:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Well, actually, Yogi doesn't chew things now that he's a grownup. But, I
learned to never, Ever, say "no child of mine . . . " because that's the
first thing they'll go for. Polly

"Taria" wrote I would suspect chewing up a remote would be a big job
for a little
yorkie.

Old March 23rd 06, 07:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 02:57:37 GMT, Taria
wrote:

Tonight I learned that you know you are a quilter when you follow the
odd blue dog paw prints and find at the end of the trail a dog that has
chewed your just opened new wash away pen that you planned using to mark
quilting lines. At least it was easy to clean and I don't think she ate
much of the pen itself.
I gotta find time to practice the freehand feathers so I don't need to mark!
Taria

I caught DD using my purple one for homework a while back.
I asked if she wasn't supposed to use black or blue ink, hoping it was
a rough draft. She said she couldn't find a regular pen and she had
left her pencil box in her locker, so the teacher would have to live
with purple felt tip unless she had time to copy it over before class.
I was kind and fetched her a regular pen (as regular as an Ozzy
bobblehead pen gets) and made her read the side of the one she was
useing. She was horrified to discover that there was anything like
disappearing ink in the house at all. She was even more horrified to
realize she had written out a page and a half in it.

I suggested that in the future she would do better to break out the
dip pens and the ink pot in such an emergency. I imagine that most
teachers would prefer black calligraphy to purple felt tip any day.

NightMist

--
The wolf that understands fire has much to eat.
Old March 23rd 06, 10:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Tonight I learned that you know you are a quilter when you follow the odd
blue dog paw prints

But, but, it was a clue, a clue, a blues clue -- put them all together and
think, think, think.

Old March 23rd 06, 11:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

LOL! That's certainly the song that would have broken out at my house!

Mungo has a serious weakness for pencils left on the floor. Yesterday, it
was one of those big, fat kindergarten pencils. I bet he enjoyed it!

--
Wendy
un-STUFF email address to reply

nk.net...

Old March 23rd 06, 03:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

LOL!
Had the quilt group here this morning, and one of them was using her huge
shears to clip threads. Her new puppy had just eaten the plastic handles off
her little scissors!
Roberta in D

Old March 23rd 06, 09:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Taria, you'd be amazed! Zena never chewed anything, not even the bone
I bought for her to chew on. Monkey will chew *everything*! I didn't
mention this earlier, she's also chewed a hole in my favorite afghan, a
hole all the way through one of my quilts, the edge of another as well
as a hole in the top of that one. I've learned that remotes go in a
box on the coffee table, or in the basket on top of her crate, but even
there isn't a given that she won't get to something (she pulled the
towel covering stuff in the basket down the other day and reached up
and grabbed the (empty) bowl that I keep sunflower seed shells in when
I'm eating those, then ran off with it. She's gotten that a couple of
times.). They are too smart for their own good sometimes!

Tigg