Are some gemstones too fragile for every day use?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 1st 09, 11:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Peter W. Rowe[_2_]

Default Are some gemstones too fragile for every day use?

On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 03:44:58 -0700, in rec.crafts.jewelry charles
wrote:

There's an option to always spell check before sending any message.

In FA 2.00 it is under optionsgeneral preferencesspell checking.

I know. But for moderating purposes, that actually gets in the way, running
into oddities with font mismatches that occur when converting messages people
send to the group that land in my incoming email, to outgoing messages actually
going to the group. It ends up spell checking even some of the headers, which
always bogs down. As well, I don't really consider it always appropriate for
me to be spell correcting the messages other people write. I'm a moderator, not
an editor, and not everyone appreciates having a nanny oversee what they write.
So when I edit or correct, it's only as needed, usually to fix the glitches that
occur in the conversion from incoming to outgoing message. That's already
enough fuss sometimes, without also bothering with other peoples spelling.

cheers

Peter

Quilts - fragile? Polly Esther[_5_] Quilting 4 January 22nd 09 03:46 AM
Cut Your Own Gemstones Dave[_3_] Beads 0 October 17th 07 11:36 PM
GEMSTONES FROM RUSSIA ebaygifts Beads 0 April 8th 07 03:53 PM
Gemstones for Sale Tking Marketplace 0 October 6th 06 02:44 AM
OT - a fragile stability achieved Queen of Squishies Quilting 40 April 11th 05 12:56 AM